NFTA-Metro

MT0603

Forgot to mention Thursday December 31st should be the last day for the Nova Classic buses. Starting January 1st, all their buses are supposed to have DPF's installed, which would be a waste to do those buses just to run them for about three weeks. They started installing them on the older generation 2001 Gillig buses. I don't think all of the first generation 2100's will be getting DPF's though, so those buses not getting them should be done the 31st as well, or at least not used. 2109 is already done. I am unsure how many they plan on keeping.

You've said that 2103 is finished and 2115 was lost to fire damage. With 2118 long retired that would make 16 left.

Any idea when the 1500s will start running?

You've said that 2103 is finished and 2115 was lost to fire damage. With 2118 long retired that would make 16 left.

Any idea when the 1500s will start running?

Possible the week of January 11th at the earliest, but don't hold me to that... No operator training/instruction as of yet. Very slim chance we will see 2103 back in revenue service.

17 left... I should of said 2109 has had the DPF installed, kind of misleading how I wrote that.

Know what is worse? NFTA has same old thing for NYE:

New Year's Service:
New Year's Eve - Thur. Dec. 31 - Weekday schedules
New Year's Day - Fri. Jan. 1 - Sunday schedules
Extended Rail Service on New Year's Eve:
Last train leaves Erie Canal at 2 a.m.
Last train leaves University at 2:30 a.m.
11:50 from University departs at 11:40 p.m., with the next train leaving at 12:10 a.m.

But not bus running late, why only train?? Many other systems offer bus service, like for example, they should have shuttle express from Walden Galleria, McKinnley Mall and few places so people can park there and take express to downtown to enjoy the festivals...

I guess NFTA is too lazy and don't want to do anything, that is why NFTA needs new leadership to transform the company.

CNG buses for Paratransit have been delivered... Seen up to 8303. Not sure how many will be delivered, probably have to check the board reports, but somewhere around nine. They look like the 82's, but have an E450, look a little longer 5 and a half windows, and the top rear of the bus is different. Also not sure what is going on with the Classic's (9600)... Thursday is supposed to be their last day, but I think they will be needed for a couple more weeks.

Saw 1505 in front of Cold Spring this afternoon.

Seems like a 9600 bus had been on a 12 Utica midday run every day this week. Something of a "farewell run?"

1504 as well. I have seen the 96's on the 13 and 23. So I guess they are getting around. It is looking like they will be running them through January though. Also 2102 is likely to be retired with 2103. 2102 never had any recent body work, so makes me wonder if 2101 and 2105 are next as they have never seen any major overhaul. Time will tell I suppose.

How short is NFTA on buses now? I know a lot of Classic's are gone and some older Gillig's.

Well when the 1300's came in (4 buses) they got rid of 16 Classic's. So about 12 buses. Three 2001 Gillig LF's have been recently retired as well, but with the new order coming in, they planned on scrapping between six to nine of those buses anyway.

The fleet has reduced in size over the years, from 331 buses between the years of 2007 to 2010. Currently there are 298 buses (295 if you count the 3- 2001 LF's removed).

1042 is finally back... Was on the 23 Fillmore today. Must be something with "42" that is bad luck. Good thing there are only two buses in the fleet ending with the numbers 42.

Interestingly enough, I believe that 9342 was the last 9300 that had revenue service before the whole series was retired.

Make sense to send 1042 out for the long New Years weekend Frontier run before it goes back to Babcock, as that bus should have lower mileage from being out of service for almost two years.

Will be interesting to see how the buses shift garages when the 1500s start running.

9318 ran far too. The bus was OOS for almost a year, came back and worked at Frontier, then Babcock. When it came back it didn't see much service before being retired. Might not see bus moves right away, just like in the past they seem to like to do the moves in the summer time. If they retire nine buses (which is the number I am hearing right now), Frontier will have a surplus of 11 buses.