NFTA-Metro

MT0603

Well, I'm heading to Buffalo tommorow and I wanted to know if anyone has a Roster for NFTA.

I'm also going to go ride the LRT thingy they got down in Downtown Buffalo to see if it would work good along Hurontario! Also, how many D40s do they have left?

Well, I'm heading to Buffalo tommorow and I wanted to know if anyone has a Roster for NFTA.

I'm also going to go ride the LRT thingy they got down in Downtown Buffalo to see if it would work good along Hurontario! Also, how many D40s do they have left?

The "LRT thingy" runs in the street in Downtown Buffalo, underground outside of Downtown.

The street running Downtown (dedicated steet for pedestrians and transit, like Calgary's 7th Ave) would of course not be sutible for Hurontario.

Underground, maybe, but expensive.

If you want to see something that might be sutible for Hurontario, come ride Edmonton's LRT systems.

I guess that's one thing Ontario doesn't really have yet... A real LRT system...

Sure, Ottawa has something, but nothing like Edmonton or Calgary.

When I took my ride back from New York to Toronto sometime in the summer, they appear to be common. 3/4 of the buses I saw from the highway were D40s, the other was an Orion V. They got a boring livery sadly.

You will hate the Gilligs... :P

Get interior shots of whatever you ride and count the seats and note those numbers.

I already do and hate them even more!

I forgot my camera and didn't notice till we were up on the Skyway! :P

I remember riding 2232 on the 6M and I must say those Gilligs have a good acceleration, what kind of engines do they have?

Also 2232 was rattling like hell and that's the only reason why I remember the fleet numbers!

All I saw were Gillig LFs and old ugly Gillig HFs 9565 being one of them in a wrap for Chevy and Toyota!

Actually 9565 ia a 1995 NABI High Floor bus. Buffalo started getting Gillig in 2001 or 2002.

They also have 25XX Gillig LF and recent 26XX Gillig LF Hybrid.

Fleet roster currently:

2XX: 1991 Orion V, may be gone now since the Hybrid arrival.

4XX: 1992 MCI Classic, same thing as Orion V for reason.

9301-60: 1993 NFI D40, most of them have repaint majority

9361-75: 1993-94 NFI D40, different powertrain as it has S50/ZF instead of 6V92TA/VR731

95XX: 1995 NABI 416, some old Metro and current livery and god-awful car wrap ads as well rust.

96XX: 1996 Nova Classics, I wish I could get a chance to ride them

2001-15: 2000 Nova LFS

21XX and 22XX: Gillig LF, awful bus!

I was in Buffalo a few weeks ago, and I didn't see any buses in either of these series, so they may both be retired, or used as backup vehicles.

Over my many visits over the last few years i have never seen any three digit buses. I have however, seen two of their Hybrids, unfortunately I was in TGIF eating when they passed! :lol:

"LRT Thingy???"

Man....

Light Rail Transit...DUH.

Basically the Spadina Streetcar line except the road it runs on is strictly for the Streetcars and Pedestrians.

I am astounded that you actually called it a "LRT thingy".

Like come on!!

"LRT Thingy"??

You could have just said "Light Rail"?

And your definition of LRT is wrong, and too specific.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...