Onex Bus (Ontario Express Bus)

Megabus Rider

16 hours ago, Megabus Rider said:

Onexbus expands to Windsor: https://windsor.ctvnews.ca/new-onex-bus-service-rolling-into-windsor-1.5734289

Seems Rider Express has cancelled Toronto to Windsor service, couldn't book any tickets to Windsor from Toronto.

Rider shortened the service to London. ONEX seems to be taking that corridor over. Hopefully they actually run the proper equipment this time.

• 4 months later...

I used OnEx for a Toronto-Kitchener (Sportsworld) trip May 22. I found it OK but not spectacular. Left from 44 York, beside Royal York Hotel, trip time ~ 90 minutes, same for return trip. Going out, my bus was KL03, which appears to have an ex-Greyhound fleet number (1256?) on the forward roof. The picture I took of it is 10 MB+ so I couldn't post it.  I didn't get a picture of my return bus, nor did I note its number, but it was painted mostly black. The operator was D2D Limousine services or something like that.

1 hour ago, Mark Walton said:

I used OnEx for a Toronto-Kitchener (Sportsworld) trip May 22. I found it OK but not spectacular. Left from 44 York, beside Royal York Hotel, trip time ~ 90 minutes, same for return trip. Going out, my bus was KL03, which appears to have an ex-Greyhound fleet number (1256?) on the forward roof. The picture I took of it is 10 MB+ so I couldn't post it.  I didn't get a picture of my return bus, nor did I note its number, but it was painted mostly black. The operator was D2D Limousine services or something like that.

Is there a way you can compress the image down to below 10 MB to allow you to post it?

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 6:21 PM, Mark Walton said:

Going out, my bus was KL03, which appears to have an ex-Greyhound fleet number (1256?) on the forward roof. The picture I took of it is 10 MB+ so I couldn't post it.  I didn't get a picture of my return bus, nor did I note its number, but it was painted mostly black. The operator was D2D Limousine services or something like that.

The D4505 is ex-Greyhound Canada 1296. The operator is Door 2 Door Limo Inc.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2022 at 3:40 AM, Mark Walton said:

Done.

20220522_110150 Cropped.jpg

Wow, this thing looks beat! Then again this bus was meant to go to scrap with all the other non rebuilt units. 

Also interesting is has a non valid MTO inspection sticker. Makes you wonder what kind of maintenance their buses see, if any at all. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 306 Carlton said:

Wow, this thing looks beat! Then again this bus was meant to go to scrap with all the other non rebuilt units. 

Also interesting is has a non valid MTO inspection sticker. Makes you wonder what kind of maintenance their buses see, if any at all. 

Half of them were rebuilt just before the pandemic. This unit was one of them. It was was suppose to get the current blue wrap job to look like the X3s.

I was told that the buyer from the auctioned sold the working units with a Safety, Semi Annual Inspection and Under body. It's quite obvious the shop used does not really do inspections on buses.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 4:50 AM, 306 Carlton said:

I didn't notice the MTO sticker. The bus looked OK to me, maybe because it was a rebuild. It got me to Kitchener safely and on time, so I really can't complain.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
4 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

I saw Onex KL10, a Prevost H3-45 on highway 401 yesterday. Does anybody know where they got this bus from?

Auction from the US, Chicago Area

They may have another J4500 which may have some wrap from Southeastern Stages, the bus was also pick up from Auction in the US. Not sure if it was a state owned bus.

1 hour ago, Megabus Rider said:

Auction from the US, Chicago Area

They may have another J4500 which may have some wrap from Southeastern Stages, the bus was also pick up from Auction in the US. Not sure if it was a state owned bus.

If it was a J then it wouldn’t be a state owned bus. Part of the rules state that it has to be American made so D’s or X’s. 

On 6/12/2023 at 1:52 PM, Megabus Rider said:

KL35 is definitely ex-Southeastern Stages with that paint scheme. They have added some OnEx coloured lines to it though. It was the 11:00 AM eastbound departure from London today destined to Toronto.

Ontario Express Bus KL35 - 25JUN23.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...