Onex Bus (Ontario Express Bus)

Megabus Rider

There is another Intercity Bus Carrier in Ontario called Onex Bus.

This is from their website:

Onex Bus (Ontario Express Bus) is a consortium of family-owned limousines and bus companies, having its headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario. The management at Onex Bus comes with decades of experience in operating transit, charter, limousine, and school bus services.

Here is their website: https://www.onexbus.com/home

I noticed they are doing Toronto - Ottawa using Skyway Coach Lines.

• Thanks 1

In reading their website, it would appear as it makes local stops in the less populous areas along that corridor, including a stop at the hilariously misspelled "CABOURG". They also need to put in the stop locations so that people won't get confused trying to find where the bus is.

It really doesn't give a schedule as to what days & times, although I did a search Leave Ottawa July 15 return July 28 it gave me a $ 40 and two time departs 2PM & 6PM not sure if true, but $40!! I can't believe that?

If this pans out there will be 3 options to Toronto? Mississauga. The difference on ONEX it has stops in the west end. Not sure of the routing though? I wish they times where better?

ONEX appears to be a consortium of various Ontario bus companies.  The Ottawa-Mississauga route will be operated by Skyway Coach.

I messaged ONEX about the locations of their bus stops as they're not listed on their website.  Their response was that they're lining up their schedules...

OK so if I understand correctly Rider & Mega are running a OTTAWA-Toronto run an ONEX whom ever they got contracted to run one as well. And I'm assuming the contractor bus service is SKYWAY COACH?

I'm not sure if Skyway Coach s the company or not, but as for scheduling Rider has a better dept from Ottawa then Mega way earlier then Mega. 7' ish instead of 10' ish

4 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

OK so if I understand correctly Rider & Mega are running a OTTAWA-Toronto run an ONEX whom ever they got contracted to run one as well. And I'm assuming the contractor bus service is SKYWAY COACH?

I'm not sure if Skyway Coach s the company or not, but as for scheduling Rider has a better dept from Ottawa then Mega way earlier then Mega. 7' ish instead of 10' ish

As of this writing they are not a contractor for them and I’m unaware of anybody who is.

53 minutes ago, Megabus Rider said:

I have a friend who knows the Owners. They are still working out the stop details and their website should be updated for next week. There should be another route going to London, ON and another to Niagara Falls, ON. Just give them sometime.

What they are trying to pull off will be financially challenging, we will see how it plays out. 

Onex followed-up with a preliminary stop list for the Ottawa-Mississauga route:

- Downtown Ottawa - (To be determined - They're eyeing Daly Avenue near the Rideau Centre)

- uOttawa

- Nepean - College Square

- Brockville - Food Basics Parking lot (same stop as Megabus)

- Kingston - Petro Canada/A&W at Centennial Drive and Gardiners Road

- Belleville - Walmart on Millennium Parkway

- Cobourg - Smart Centres

- Oshawa - Smart Centres at Stevenson Road and Highway 401

- Toronto - Scarborough Town Centre

- Toronto - York Mills Station

- Mississauga - Pearson International Airport

- Mississauga - Square One

They also said they'll eventually be adding an addition to this pilot project.  They're planning on providing van service in Scarborough and Mississauga to bring riders to their final destination.

On 7/14/2021 at 1:35 AM, 306 Carlton said:

What they are trying to pull off will be financially challenging, we will see how it plays out. 

For some of these companies, you don't know the financial backing they have.

On 7/14/2021 at 2:14 PM, sdgta2008 said:

Onex followed-up with a preliminary stop list for the Ottawa-Mississauga route:

- Downtown Ottawa - (To be determined - They're eyeing Daly Avenue near the Rideau Centre)

- uOttawa

- Nepean - College Square

- Brockville - Food Basics Parking lot (same stop as Megabus)

- Kingston - Petro Canada/A&W at Centennial Drive and Gardiners Road

- Belleville - Walmart on Millennium Parkway

- Cobourg - Smart Centres

- Oshawa - Smart Centres at Stevenson Road and Highway 401

- Toronto - Scarborough Town Centre

- Toronto - York Mills Station

- Mississauga - Pearson International Airport

- Mississauga - Square One

They also said they'll eventually be adding an addition to this pilot project.  They're planning on providing van service in Scarborough and Mississauga to bring riders to their final destination.

The Kingston Stop could double as a Rest Stop.

The Van Service is right out of Ourbus' playbook which is called the last mile approach. Megabus also toy'd with the last mile approach by offering a discount code with uber.

5 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

Mississauga-Ottawa route is off their website.  I guess those plans are on hold indefinitely...

48 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

Interesting? I wonder why?

I am guessing that corridor is overcrowded, you have Megabus, Rider Express and now Equinox Bus Lines stopping in Kingston, Gananoque and Upper Canada Village. With London, Onex would just be competing with Rider Express since Megabus does not even serve Downtown London.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 11:17 AM, ZümmyZüm said:

Saw a Onexbus downtown Ottawa by parliament station I believe 2 nights ago around 1:30-2am. Turned off and parked in a strange location so possibly being used as a charter, it’s being operated by An H3-45 from Belca Tours 

They do Charters as well

• 2 months later...

As posted in another thread, Onexbus has parted ways with Belca. I was told that they got some Coaches (MCI and Setra) from Auction. I was told these Coaches were owned by the Canadian Military. I was told a 2014 MCI J4500 has arrived in Mississauga at the Prevost Service Centre, being worked on to be put in service late December or early January. This is all I know for now.

1 hour ago, Megabus Rider said:

As posted in another thread, Onexbus has parted ways with Belca. I was told that they got some Coaches (MCI and Setra) from Auction. I was told these Coaches were owned by the Canadian Military. I was told a 2014 MCI J4500 has arrived in Mississauga at the Prevost Service Centre, being worked on to be put in service late December or early January. This is all I know for now.

Ah so they're not going to run SUVs on their line runs like they've been doing? It seems like they rarely publicize their line run service on their social media.

On 12/12/2021 at 10:59 PM, Chris W said:

Ah so they're not going to run SUVs on their line runs like they've been doing? It seems like they rarely publicize their line run service on their social media.

Yeah with these Motorcoaches coming in, should be Sprinters/Transits on low ridership departures. I guess they need a actual Social Media Coordinator to manage their Social Media accounts.