TTC Route Movement Thread

Young

I thought I would create this thread to discuss the future route movements coming next board if this doesn’t fit the criteria then you can kindly lock this thread

But where would the relief point be when the 52 Lawrence West moves to Arrow Rd and also when the 35 moves to Mount Dennis?

When the route list came out in 2019, the 189 STOCKYARDS didn’t exist just yet. Question is who will run the 312 ST. CLAIR-JUNCTION night bus next board? 

19 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

If the route is going to Arrow, probably back at Jane/Lawrence blocking traffic like it used to when the route is at MtD. 

Markham and Eglinton may be the new spot for Malvern buses.

13 minutes ago, Eren Jaeger said:

When the route list came out in 2019, the 189 STOCKYARDS didn’t exist just yet. Question is who will run the 312 ST. CLAIR-JUNCTION night bus next board? 

Markham and Eglinton may be the new spot for Malvern buses.

I heard that that queensway or Wilson would take the 89 then they would take the 312 since they use 1 bus from the 89 Weston rd every night I’m pretty sure

32 minutes ago, Young said:

I heard that that queensway or Wilson would take the 89 then they would take the 312 since they use 1 bus from the 89 Weston rd every night I’m pretty sure

They could easily rewrite the schedule to reflect the night bus. They just a route nearby that can deadhead with some time to spare.

Back in 2014 when 337 Islington went from Arrow to Queensway. There was a run on Saturday early morning that uses a 46 Martin Grove run starting at Lakeshore. They easily swap it to a 45 Kipling run. That's probably better as deadheading from the Queensway is much much shorter. That run still exist today.

21 hours ago, Eren Jaeger said:

I've heard the 312 will be moved to Wilson, this is not confirmed though

50 minutes ago, TTC Guy said:

21 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

They could easily rewrite the schedule to reflect the night bus. They just a route nearby that can deadhead with some time to spare.

Back in 2014 when 337 Islington went from Arrow to Queensway. There was a run on Saturday early morning that uses a 46 Martin Grove run starting at Lakeshore. They easily swap it to a 45 Kipling run. That's probably better as deadheading from the Queensway is much much shorter. That run still exist today.

I guess with that said, McNicoll would likely do some 320 YONGE NIGHT runs since a number of buses come from 51 and 122 as well as 17. Other night routes are likely to move with their parent daytime routes to new garages but the 334 EGLINTON EAST NIGHT remains in doubt since New Eglinton will likely keep the route despite 86 and 116 are going to Malvern unless Malvern will supply the 334 with one or two buses. 

23 minutes ago, Eren Jaeger said:

I guess with that said, McNicoll would likely do some 320 YONGE NIGHT runs since a number of buses come from 51 and 122 as well as 17. Other night routes are likely to move with their parent daytime routes to new garages but the 334 EGLINTON EAST NIGHT remains in doubt since New Eglinton will likely keep the route despite 86 and 116 are going to Malvern unless Malvern will supply the 334 with one or two buses. 

They can adjust the schedules so that all of the runs that go on the 334 come off of the 34 or the 54. That might be easier considering both the 34/334 and the 54/354 terminate at Eglinton station.

It will be worth monitoring the 302 as well.  Currently all three buses hook up from Markham Road on weekdays.  A couple of others on weekends come off the 102.  Curiously there is one Malvern bus from Brimley that operates over the 302 on Saturdays.  The deadheads from Steeles to Birchmount are about 30 minutes longer than to Malvern.  The current schedule and route-division assignments could suggest Malvern assume responsibility for the 302.  I'm no authority so will wait to see what decision was made.

13 hours ago, Shemar said:

They can adjust the schedules so that all of the runs that go on the 334 come off of the 34 or the 54. That might be easier considering both the 34/334 and the 54/354 terminate at Eglinton station.

It's the east end that's questionable. Some 334 trip comes off from 86 or 43 on weekends starting at Finch. It's only a few runs and TTC does do long deadheading like starting some of the early Sunday morning trips at Finch with 34 Eg East runs at Finch.

Currently the deadhead buses from Malvern to Finch Station for the 953 and Wilson to the airport for 952. Those a good half hour trips done on regular basis.

3 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

It's the east end that's questionable. Some 334 trip comes off from 86 or 43 on weekends starting at Finch. It's only a few runs and TTC does do long deadheading like starting some of the early Sunday morning trips at Finch with 34 Eg East runs at Finch.

Currently the deadhead buses from Malvern to Finch Station for the 953 and Wilson to the airport for 952. Those a good half hour trips done on regular basis.

The 334 also currently has a trip that comes off of the 100 on weekends and off of the 116 during the week.

On 3/2/2021 at 10:46 PM, TTC Guy said:

The 312 will be operated by Wilson. On weekdays one of the buses will come from Lansdowne, one from Christie, 3rd from Weston Rd, and I'm forgetting where the 4th will come from at the moment. There are various other shuffles of night bus hook-ups being made. For example: the other 2 night buses on Lansdowne will both go to Yonge now. Previously Lansdowne had 4 night buses. One to Dufferin, one to Bloor-Danforth, and two to Yonge. It will be interesting to see the various changes to Blue Night runs around the city going into April. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, STC125 said:

The 312 will be operated by Wilson. On weekdays one of the buses will come from Lansdowne, one from Christie, 3rd from Weston Rd, and I'm forgetting where the 4th will come from at the moment. There are various other shuffles of night bus hook-ups being made. For example: the other 2 night buses on Lansdowne will both go to Yonge now. Previously Lansdowne had 4 night buses. One to Dufferin, one to Bloor-Danforth, and two to Yonge. It will be interesting to see the various changes to Blue Night runs around the city going into April. 

Any Idea if Malvern will still have a run on 320 Saturday nights?

If anyone may confirm this or not, these will be the Blue Night routes to be serviced next board:

• 300 BLOOR-DANFORTH - Birchmount, Eglinton, Mount Dennis, Queensway
  • 301 QUEEN - Birchmount, Russell, Mount Dennis 
  • 302 KINGSTON ROAD-McCOWAN - Malvern
  • 304 KING - Leslie, Queensway, Russell
  • 306 CARLTON - Roncesvalles, Eglinton, McNicoll
  • 307 BATHURST - Wilson
  • 310 SPADINA - Leslie
  • 312 ST. CLAIR-JUNCTION - Wilson
  • 315 EVANS-BROWN'S LINE - Queensway
  • 320 YONGE - Eglinton, Mount Dennis, Wilson
  • 322 COXWELL - Birchmount
  • 324 VICTORIA PARK - Birchmount
  • 325 DON MILLS - Eglinton
  • 329 DUFFERIN - Mount Dennis
  • 332 EGLINTON WEST - Mount Dennis
  • 334 EGLINTON EAST - Eglinton
  • 335 JANE - Mount Dennis
  • 336 FINCH WEST - Arrow Road, McNicoll
  • 337 ISLINGTON - Queensway 
  • 339 FINCH EAST - Arrow Road, McNicoll
  • 341 KEELE - Mount Dennis
  • 343 KENNEDY - McNicoll
  • 352 LAWRENCE WEST - Arrow Road
  • 353 STEELES - McNicoll
  • 354 LAWRENCE EAST - Eglinton
  • 363 OSSINGTON - Wilson
  • 365 PARLIAMENT - Birchmount
  • 384 SHEPPARD WEST - Arrow Road
  • 385 SHEPPARD EAST - Malvern
  • 395 YORK MILLS - Malvern
  • 396 WILSON - Mount Dennis

8 minutes ago, Eren Jaeger said:

My bad. I was just curious if anyone confirmed those are the blue night route assignments (not finalized yet).

Seriously dude, you need to stop tagging everyone under the sun in every post you make. If someone knows the answer, they will provide it (if they are allowed to). Otherwise, you're just pissing everyone off by filling their email inboxes with notifications.

As for route assignments, I only know of the daytime ones (as listed in Steve Munro's blog post). The Blue Night routes generally interline from their daytime counterparts, but for the routes that don't have daytime counterparts (e.g. 300, 320), I don't know what the new route allocations will be, just guesses based on proximity/previous route interlines.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Eren Jaeger said:

If anyone may confirm this or not, these will be the Blue Night routes to be serviced next board:

• 300 BLOOR-DANFORTH - Birchmount, Eglinton, Mount Dennis, Queensway
  • 301 QUEEN - Birchmount, Russell, Mount Dennis 
  • 302 KINGSTON ROAD-McCOWAN - Malvern
  • 304 KING - Leslie, Queensway, Russell
  • 306 CARLTON - Roncesvalles, Eglinton, McNicoll
  • 307 BATHURST - Wilson
  • 310 SPADINA - Leslie
  • 312 ST. CLAIR-JUNCTION - Wilson
  • 315 EVANS-BROWN'S LINE - Queensway
  • 320 YONGE - Eglinton, Mount Dennis, Wilson
  • 322 COXWELL - Birchmount
  • 324 VICTORIA PARK - Birchmount
  • 325 DON MILLS - Eglinton
  • 329 DUFFERIN - Mount Dennis
  • 332 EGLINTON WEST - Mount Dennis
  • 334 EGLINTON EAST - Eglinton
  • 335 JANE - Mount Dennis
  • 336 FINCH WEST - Arrow Road, McNicoll
  • 337 ISLINGTON - Queensway 
  • 339 FINCH EAST - Arrow Road, McNicoll
  • 341 KEELE - Mount Dennis
  • 343 KENNEDY - McNicoll
  • 352 LAWRENCE WEST - Arrow Road
  • 353 STEELES - McNicoll
  • 354 LAWRENCE EAST - Eglinton
  • 363 OSSINGTON - Wilson
  • 365 PARLIAMENT - Birchmount
  • 384 SHEPPARD WEST - Arrow Road
  • 385 SHEPPARD EAST - Malvern
  • 395 YORK MILLS - Malvern
  • 396 WILSON - Mount Dennis

396 Wilson is Arrow road night route not mount dennis

21 minutes ago, dre said:

396 Wilson is Arrow road night route not mount dennis

It could be ran by Queensway since they are provided by three 46 Martin Grove runs starting around 9pm with a tripper by a 96 Wilson run. Alternatively they could be ran by Wilson with 60 Steeles West runs or 927 runs by Mount Dennis. 96 Wilson bus would have to deadhead to Steeles/Martin Grove Loop to start eastbound trips.

1 hour ago, Shemar said:

Or the 96 Wilson bus can start on the 396 at York Mills station to begin the westbound trip which I find the easiest way for it to transition into a night bus without having to do any deadheading.

Except the schedule has been specifically designed to start from the west end. You'd have to redo the route schedule to have buses start earlier from the east end, and that would also result in a later start for eastbound trips.