Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, matt548 said:

Will these buses have white signs?

because I was at Fort Rouge Station today when I saw what I thought was Bus #369, but then I saw ANOTHER bus with a white sign.

 

369 was on the 71/11 today. 11-7 

 

And yes they should from what I was told. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, LilZebra said:

So disappointed they're not 60 footers pr electric or both...like an XE60. Can we have some of those

Then I saw this report.

https://winnipegtransit.com/en/major-projects/transition-to-zero-emission-bus-study/

I too wish that they were 60-footers, as we need more of them, and not just for the BLUE and 60. I know there are some logistical problems, but the Portage corridor could really benefit from finally getting 60-foot buses. Specifically the 11 Portage, 21 and 22. The 47 Transcona can get pretty full at times, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Isaac Williams said:

I too wish that they were 60-footers, as we need more of them, and not just for the BLUE and 60. I know there are some logistical problems, but the Portage corridor could really benefit from finally getting 60-foot buses. Specifically the 11 Portage, 21 and 22. The 47 Transcona can get pretty full at times, too.

Routes like the 47 and 75 (in the before times) could really use them, but stop modifications would be required.

Also in general do we need any more 40ft busses? To me it would make more sense for the spine and feeder TMP concept to use more 60ft and 30ft busses. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MMP15 said:

Also in general do we need any more 40ft busses? To me it would make more sense for the spine and feeder TMP concept to use more 60ft and 30ft busses. 

It's called "inertia" or "the status quo".

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Isaac Williams said:

the Portage corridor could really benefit from finally getting 60-foot buses.

Agreed.

8 hours ago, MMP15 said:

Also in general do we need any more 40ft busses? To me it would make more sense for the spine and feeder TMP concept to use more 60ft and 30ft busses. 

30-footers are not used for the Phase 2 spine-and-feeder concept, but with the few remaining D30LFs getting old and DART service being expanded as part of TMP, another 30-foot order should be made at some point. Same thing with 60-footers. I can think of five TMP routes (A, B, C, D and F) that could use them and 45 buses isn't enough to run on five routes that are supposed to have a 10-minute headway at all times.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SirAndrew710 said:

Agreed.

30-footers are not used for the Phase 2 spine-and-feeder concept, but with the few remaining D30LFs getting old and DART service being expanded as part of TMP, another 30-foot order should be made at some point. Same thing with 60-footers. I can think of five TMP routes (A, B, C, D and F) that could use them and 45 buses isn't enough to run on five routes that are supposed to have a 10-minute headway at all times.

I've asked that question in passed and Transit has no plans to replace the 30fts

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

From what I heard there's plans to get rid of the darts.  When exactly? That I don't know

The TMP document does say that the proposed DART services will be replaced with fixed-route service once ridership in the areas they’ll serve increases, so there may not be a real timeline.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2021 at 6:00 PM, matt548 said:

Will these buses have white signs?

While I love electronic technology and that, I kind of have a soft spot for the old mylar roller signs  I  wish we'd have them back. Especially for the Red on White Express routes.

3 hours ago, ConnorsCompShow said:

Think I just saw a glimpse of 444 in BG.

That the previous 444 used to be the Santa bus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, LilZebra said:

While I love electronic technology and that, I kind of have a soft spot for the old mylar roller signs  I  wish we'd have them back. Especially for the Red on White Express routes.

In general, I have a soft spot for older technologies, including the old rollsigns and the flipdots (when they were visible). With the LED signs, I prefer the orange signs too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Isaac Williams said:

In general, I have a soft spot for older technologies, including the old rollsigns and the flipdots (when they were visible). With the LED signs, I prefer the orange signs too.

Better than orange or white though would be RGB signs that are BLUE, GREEN, and RED for the three rapid lines, with white text for the others. Aside for being cool, this would also help people with poor visibility.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MMP15 said:

Better than orange or white though would be RGB signs that are BLUE, GREEN, and RED for the three rapid lines, with white text for the others. Aside for being cool, this would also help people with poor visibility.

Even now, if they had RGB signs, they could use colored boxes and white text for the express routes and the BLUE line.

3B5E3A52-E0D7-4817-AC13-0D7EE9AE8D60.thumb.jpeg.a1d6ccd247ffaa5f6839477c63c0df0a.jpeg

B450D098-B710-4056-A333-5335B67718FD.thumb.jpeg.c32545faeb10b477d439b0c3b1c9656d.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...