Re-enable "Anonymous" Sign In?

Hello.

I'd like to request that the board reintroduce Anonymous sign in's with our accounts. The reason I request this is because there are some members who I know who refuse to sign back into the CPTDB because of this removed feature. Is it possible it could be re-enabled so those who rather be "Anonymous" can continue contributing to the board? Thank you.

7 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

Hello.

I'd like to request that the board reintroduce Anonymous sign in's with our accounts. The reason I request this is because there are some members who I know who refuse to sign back into the CPTDB because of this removed feature. Is it possible it could be re-enabled so those who rather be "Anonymous" can continue contributing to the board? Thank you.

It can still be done, but definitely not as convenient:

1) Go to Account Settings

2) On the left hand navigation menu, select "Security and Privacy". You may be asked to enter your password and click  "Reauthenticate".

From there you can enable/disable your online visibility. 

On 1/16/2021 at 7:05 AM, Loud-Invero said:

Hello.

I fail to see how you can remain anonymous and still contribute to the board.  The logic here makes no sense.  You can still read the board without logging in so if they are just coming here to consume information then don't sign in.

• Thanks 3
On 1/17/2021 at 7:24 PM, awstott said:

You can still read the board without logging in so if they are just coming here to consume information then don't sign in.

Not in the NCR section you can't. You have to sign in. 

I fail to see how you can remain anonymous and still contribute to the board.  The logic here makes no sense.

Have you ever signed in to that mode? It just hides your online status and current activity. Some are just uptight about privacy and would like to remain unknown as to activity status. There's a reason people use it, including Admin SMS. Of course, let's not jump over the fact as mentioned, in the National Capital Region, you must  be signed in thanks to a particular member who basically stole post and info from here and posted it onto another one. So, with that being said, I don't think it's too much to ask to make it more accessible to the plurality of users who do use it because we don't like people loitering in our activity feed (they do exist around here). Hope this at least adds to your understanding.