Garage Transfers

Express691

As with every new year, we start a new transfers thread (as is tradition in the Vancouver section).

For the first time in around 9 years, we don't have Tcomm/NextBus. Hence, please check the wiki for garage allocations before posting.

There may be some moving around as route 640 weekday operation is scheduled to move to HTC starting with the January service changes.

Cheers.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

This is most interesting. Are they thinking of turning Richmond into a NovaBus paradise?

From what I heard it's because Surrey will have a bit of a shortage at peak hours with the January service expansions, even with the transfer of the 640.

3 hours ago, Benton Harper said:

Not many options, could become a Vicinity or BYD paradise instead ?

I think TransLink has already witness the disaster that BYD built with the demo unit 1007. Constant breakdowns, from what I recall.... BYD = Build Your Disaster.....

there's doublespeak (translating to service reductions) on some of the service changes in Richmond and Vancouver allowing for a few buses to be transferred. 22, 33, 84, and 408 to be exact. Surrey's the real winner with sizeable expansion on 323, 531, 335, and 342 service.

22 hours ago, Benton Harper said:

Not many options, could become a Vicinity or BYD paradise instead ?

From what I've heard the Vicinity is not a bad bus. They are apparently being produced by two manufacturers now (Shyft in Georgia, US in addition to good ol' Weichai in China, although the Chinese production now comes from their Xiamen Fengtai BCI division instead of Yangzhou Yaxing) and GW are planning to set up their own plant in Washington State.

3 hours ago, GORDOOM said:

How does the Vicinity stack up against the Flyer Midi? Given the relationship between TransLink and Flyer, I could see the alternative being compelling.

The MiDi has been discontinued since 2017. I would like to see some sort of 30-foot conventional bus replace the cutaway shuttles in the future though.

IIRC 1007’s stop request bell sounded a lot like a chicken.

• Haha 1

So basically the 640 moving to HTC and Surrey routes getting increases caused XD40s to move to STC, LFSs from BTC to VTC (even though VTC diesel routes got decreases in service so I assume some LFSs probably moved to RTC), at least one XN40 to return to HTC from PTC (probably for HTC increases), and at least one D60LFR to return to BTC for some reason even though there shouldn’t be a shortage if I’m not mistaken?

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, 8010 said:

So basically the 640 moving to HTC and Surrey routes getting increases caused XD40s to move to STC, LFSs from BTC to VTC (even though VTC diesel routes got decreases in service so I assume some LFSs probably moved to RTC), at least one XN40 to return to HTC from PTC (probably for HTC increases), and at least one D60LFR to return to BTC for some reason even though there shouldn’t be a shortage if I’m not mistaken?

XD40s to Surrey? Not XN40s?