2009-2010 TTC bus order

Mike

The tender document for the 2009-2010 TTC bus order is up on their website. It calls for 210 40' buses or 150 60' buses or some combination of the two to be delivered starting in 2009 and ending by the end of 2010. The buses should be offered with diesel or hybrid powertrains. The documents were sent to the usual suspects: Nova, Orion, New Flyer as well as NABI, Van Hool (in Belgiom) and ABC Bus Company (US Van Hool rep).

The tender document for the 2009-2010 TTC bus order is up on their website. It calls for 210 40' buses or 150 60' buses or some combination of the two to be delivered starting in 2009 and ending by the end of 2010. The buses should be offered with diesel or hybrid powertrains. The documents were sent to the usual suspects: Nova, Orion, New Flyer as well as NABI, Van Hool (in Belgiom) and ABC Bus Company (US Van Hool rep).

Nice, can't wait for artics to return to the TTC fleet.

NABI? That would be really interesting if they do make it, although I doubt that would happen. Since Orion doesn't make artics (at least hasn't yet made one), and from what I've heard the relationship between TTC and New Flyer is not that great.........perhaps Nova would have a bigger chance of winning? Vanhool.........it's possible, and I bet TTC could loan one from VIVA for experiment, so I guess that's possible as well.........

Dave

NABI? That would be really interesting if they do make it, although I doubt that would happen. Since Orion doesn't make artics (at least hasn't yet made one), and from what I've heard the relationship between TTC and New Flyer is not that great.........perhaps Nova would have a bigger chance of winning? Vanhool.........it's possible, and I bet TTC could loan one from VIVA for experiment, so I guess that's possible as well.........

Dave

A quick question, when systems load new buses for experiment, why would the owner system agree? Is it money?

Nova could very well meet the TTC's needs, but after the TTC rejecting the LFS model, I don't know if there's a chance they would try Nova again. That would be the biggest shock ever to see the TTC order Nova artics! Either Orion comes up with an artic very fast or my money is on New Flyer getting the contract.

it could be split Nova for the Artics and Orion for guess what? more VII's

Atleast they will be NG VIIs and not the ones we currently have, which would increase the amount of NG VIIs in the TTC fleet to 574 compared to the 812 regular VIIs we will have after all the 8000s are here.

Nova could very well meet the TTC's needs, but after the TTC rejecting the LFS model, I don't know if there's a chance they would try Nova again. That would be the biggest shock ever to see the TTC order Nova artics! Either Orion comes up with an artic very fast or my money is on New Flyer getting the contract.

The TTC did not reject the LFS. The LFS is a fully compliant bus. Nova the company refused to abide by some of the conditions set out in the tender documents (I believe Nova refused to provide a performance bond required by the TTC).

Atleast they will be NG VIIs and not the ones we currently have, which would increase the amount of NG VIIs in the TTC fleet to 574 compared to the 812 regular VIIs we will have after all the 8000s are here.

NG's arent bad I wouldnt mind some more Hybrids VII's

The TTC did not reject the LFS. The LFS is a fully compliant bus. Nova the company refused to abide by some of the conditions set out in the tender documents (I believe Nova refused to provide a performance bond required by the TTC).

With the large Montreal Order, you should expect Nova to put a good bid together for the TTC order

Mind you that TTC are highly strict with their high standard when it comes on bus orders.

If no one meets the artics bus manufacture based from what TTC wants, they can ditch it and go for more 40ft with stainless steel.

If Orion does a good job, they can go for it again.

NFI, with busy orders, it's going to be tough for TTC to meet their deadline.

well we know Orion already has a product that meets the TTC's needs, Nova could but with the

large Artic and HEV orders for PQ systems. NABI has quality issues, Vanhool is out of TTC price range and

NewFlyer will have a hard time with all the big US orders out there, but if so they could be part of the future

Province orders

NG's arent bad I wouldnt mind some more Hybrids VII's

With the large Montreal Order, you should expect Nova to put a good bid together for the TTC order

Well Nova is looking for orders for its new artic in 2009. If Nova is able to land this contract, they will have hit the jackpot in Ontario! I bet they really want to get their buses into the TTC!

Well Nova is looking for orders for its new artic in 2009. If Nova is able to land this contract, they will have hit the jackpot in Ontario! I bet they really want to get their buses into the TTC!

Like I said they will mostly try and put a really good bid in, since they want to take on Orion in Ontario in Orions home province

A quick question, when systems load new buses for experiment, why would the owner system agree? Is it money?

Pretty much. If the builder doesn't have a demo unit to send to the potential buyer, then the builder could lease one from a nearby agency. It will cost the builder money, but well worth it if it helps sales.

That's kind of hard seeing as how Orion is like a dog, obeying every command TTC is giving them since they don't have many customers and are willing to sacrifice it all just to get TTC to buy from them. Woof, woof.

New Flyer does offer a Stainless Steel 18 year bus now. I do believe Chicago was the first agency to order NFIs with stainless. New Flyer will have a fighting chance, especially since delivery times seem to be good right now (they were able to deliver MTs LFRs 4 months after the tender). And since the tender is already out, NFI could very well meet that deadline. It would be nice to finally see some 21st century NFIs in TTCs fleet, especially if they were LFR, and had seamless windows like the NG VII. The LFR is available with seamless windows, but I havnt seen any transits ordering them like that.

I certainly hope Nova, NFI or Van Hool win these tenders. Then we can finally have new buses which look fairly good and not have terrible ride quality. Buses we could look forward to, not like today where we wish the New Looks could lived longer.

Don't speak for everyone unless you are absolutely sure everyone shares your opinion.

New Flyer does offer a Stainless Steel 18 year bus now. I do believe Chicago was the first agency to order NFIs with stainless. New Flyer will have a fighting chance, especially since delivery times seem to be good right now (they were able to deliver MTs LFRs 4 months after the tender). And since the tender is already out, NFI could very well meet that deadline. It would be nice to finally see some 21st century NFIs in TTCs fleet, especially if they were LFR, and had seamless windows like the NG VII. The LFR is available with seamless windows, but I havnt seen any transits ordering them like that.

Invero is a better product.

Systems will not order with 1 piece window due to extra costs that ain't necessary.

I'm not, although I probably should have rephrased "where we" with "some". A poor choice of words on my part and for that I'm sorry. I started out with "I" which might have been the problem.

Don't speak for everyone unless you are absolutely sure everyone shares your opinion.

LOL, I share the exact opposite opinion as GM Classic 6247, I want the New Looks gone and I look forward to every VII that comes (even though none will ever go to Queensway).