VancouverTrolleybus

Vancouver Trolleybus Discussion

40 minutes ago, Skytrainman in vanwest said:

Spotted a Not in Service trolley on 41st avenue as usual for trolleys to dead heading, but there are no any updates on the return of trolleys on 41. Hoping to see trolleys by end of this month or November.

C2D1FBD4-8206-4F2C-A37A-71821DBCFF3D.jpeg

Joyce station is still under construction, if you go to Joyce station you'll find out why the 41 are not trolleys. The 41's are unable to enter or exit the station with a trolley bus.

It has nothing to do with Oakridge, trolleys go through there all the time and they got pull pullers on site.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Phillip said:

Joyce station is still under construction, if you go to Joyce station you'll find out why the 41 are not trolleys. The 41's are unable to enter or exit the station with a trolley bus.

It has nothing to do with Oakridge, trolleys go through there all the time and they got pull pullers on site.

Ok I see, and I've been hearing some news on Joyce Station construction

Ha! I saw 2140 enter Joyce station at 18:50 this evening doing a short turn on a 19. It entered into the East loop no problem, but leaving Joyce station it dewired turning left onto Joyce Street. Not enough room to take that turn.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Phillip said:

Ha! I saw 2140 enter Joyce station at 18:50 this evening doing a short turn on a 19. It entered into the East loop no problem, but leaving Joyce station it dewired turning left onto Joyce Street. Not enough room to take that turn.

Maybe it means that it is possible to use trolley to run 41 for now but just the turn in Joyce station. I just found out that every time if there is a construction or a minor detour on a trolley route translink always despatch diesels for that day or that period of time just because the current trolleys have weaker nickel cadmium batteries and using diesels can be a easier maneuvering but wasting most of the wire on the majority of the route. If translink have trolleys that have IMC and Powerful lithium ion batteries, like the trolleys in most part of Europe and China, keep using trolleys won’t be a problem.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Skytrainman in vanwest said:

Spotted a Not in Service trolley on 41st avenue as usual for trolleys to dead heading, but there are no any updates on the return of trolleys on 41. Hoping to see trolleys by end of this month or November.

C2D1FBD4-8206-4F2C-A37A-71821DBCFF3D.jpeg

Oh? How interesting. Me just dreamed of a 41 trolley! (Even though this is not a 41, but close enough.)

13 hours ago, Phillip said:

Short-turn? What dids it say?

19 JOYCE STN maybe?

On 10/17/2020 at 4:13 PM, VancouverTrolleybus said:

Someone change this to Vancouver Trolleybus Discussion, so there is no need to create each of them threads for every single trolley route.

Done, and I merged the other thread into this one. Some posts were removed to eliminate confusion.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MCW Metrobus said:

Done, and I merged the other thread into this one. Some posts were removed to eliminate confusion.

Oh, okay, thanks you!

On 10/15/2020 at 6:45 PM, Phillip said:

Where shoulds I post this?

Here or General Sightings?

Anyways, saw a deadheading artic some weeks ago and them does have pull pullers.