Vancouver Trolleybus Discussion

Vancouvers Trolleys

14 hours ago, buizelbus said:

aren't enough trolleys until the 9 is dieselized for millennium line construction

One interesting possibility mentioned by somebody else is the idea that trolleybuses could be run at the weekends when there are ample spare 40 ft trolleys.  It could be a good way of easing the service in before full service later this year.

5 minutes ago, martin607 said:

One interesting possibility mentioned by somebody else is the idea that trolleybuses could be run at the weekends when there are ample spare 40 ft trolleys.  It could be a good way of easing the service in before full service later this year.

Still no, because Oakridge construction isn't done yet. Once that's done, then maybe.

Most trolleys use Oak & then 41st to get their starting routes which means they go past Oakridge. Since it’s been over 1.5 months ago when I was by that section I could’ve sworn the trolley overhead was moved over & aligned with the temporary road configuration? If that is the case now what is the issue with Oakridge?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

Most trolleys use Oak & then 41st to get their starting routes which means they go past Oakridge. Since it’s been over 1.5 months ago when I was by that section I could’ve sworn the trolley overhead was moved over & aligned with the temporary road configuration? If that is the case now what is the issue with Oakridge?

The EB 41 stop is too far away from the overhead 

• Like 1

Guys maybe instead of fueling the fire we should just stop posting here and let the thread sink to the bottom. Stop feeding the troll.

@VancouverTrolleybus, it seems you are very interested in trolleybuses. Perhaps you could share your opinions in the Transit Service Discussion thread.

And if this thread keeps spiraling out of control, perhaps we could call in @MCW Metrobus?