Sign in to follow this  
Jova42R

Ulster County Area Transit

Hi all,

On a recent trip to Ulster County, I visited their garage (and then got yelled at by a security guard - no signs telling you you can't go there!). Anyhow, there were A LOT of IC Cutaways - about 15, plus I saw 5 in service.

There were a few Chevy cutaways, but not many.

In terms of larger buses, they may have been in service, but the ones I saw were 59, a Orion 7 NG HEV 35', and two Gilligs (probably 35', but im not 100% sure.) I can upload pics here later.

well that's what happens when you try to access an agency's property without permission. it's private property, you don't need a sign to tell you not to access it.

There probably is no sign there because the public may come to their office for a legitimate reason (Ex. Purchasing a bus pass, obtaining schedules, etc. I'm not sure what services UCAT offers at their office, but those are just a few that comparable agencies i know of offer)

• Like 1

Just now, Orion6025 said:

well that's what happens when you try to access an agency's property without permission. it's private property, you don't need a sign to tell you to try to access it.

There probably is no sign there because the public may come to their office for a legitimate reason (Ex. Purchasing a bus pass, obtaining schedules, etc. I'm not sure what services UCAT offers at their office, but those are just a few that comparable agencies i know of offer)

Yes - I didn't know that it was illegal to take pictures from the driveway - of course you can't actually enter the depot - that is private property, as you said. I was in the parking lot trying to get pictures.

The only place they legally cannot stop you from taking photos at is the street. Parking lot is UCAT property as well and they have every right to kick people out from there as well

13 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

The only place they legally cannot stop you from taking photos at is the street. Parking lot is UCAT property as well and they have every right to kick people out from there as well

Ah ok - did not know!