COVID 19 Sidelined U2s

18 hours ago, Catherine Wilkins said:

I can hardly wait until I see my first set of 5-Car Consists on any line in Calgary.

If the stations can only hold 4-Car Consists, then I'm going to have a long wait.

Seeing the ETS 5-Car Consists are quite the sight.  Best of all they are all U2's

More than likely that will not be happening on the Red or Blue lines.  The way the streets are designed on 7 Avenue is that the platforms are, and will only be long enough for 4-car train consists, esspecially if they want to retain the ramps that are currently on 7 Ave.

2 hours ago, TechSpotlight said:

More than likely that will not be happening on the Red or Blue lines.  The way the streets are designed on 7 Avenue is that the platforms are, and will only be long enough for 4-car train consists.  Add a 5th car, and the extra train car would be redundant and dangerous, since most of the car would be blocking the intersecting streets.

afaik all the Red line stations have space for 5 cars, but won't be possible unless 8th ave subway happens. The odds of that happening anytime "soon" are beyond me

3 hours ago, Catherine Wilkins said:

I can hardly wait until I see my first set of 5-Car Consists on any line in Calgary.

If the stations can only hold 4-Car Consists, then I'm going to have a long wait.

Seeing the ETS 5-Car Consists are quite the sight.  Best of all they are all U2's

Never mind 5 car U2s... check out this six car consist! 

• Like 5