Cutaway Bus Model Identification

GojiMet86

This is a thread where people post photos of cutaway buses and vans, and see if others can identify them. I thought it would be useful, because I don't know many models and, while some look so similar, it is difficult to see who is who.

This first one is an IC Bus, but is this an Allstar?

50058784671_3e57380a07_c.jpgIMG_5548 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

I have no clue what this is.

50058215318_cb47d7ebcd_c.jpgIMG_5547 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

1st one definitely looks like a Startcraft Allstar body to me. Looking at their site I'm guessing it's a 32'.

2nd one I believe is a current generation Champion Defender. They still have pics of the older model on their site, but if you click through the 'exterior' tab the styling on the newer one looks very similar. https://www.championbus.com/bus/defender/

I totally relate on the thread topic too. I know some makes/models but not others, so it's definitely relatable having confusion. It almost seems like cutaways are more regional in some regards, i.e. we seem to get a lot of Eldorado, Glaval, and Elkhart Coach bodies around MN, while StarTrans and Goshen might be the norm in another area.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Was doing random research and found a photo of this bus and wondered what it was. I've spent the last hour researching but didn't find much. I hope someone will be able to help me out. 

transdev_communitytransit_transdev.thumb.jpg.8ad78dc469d7bc13a39ba5c6de3eef9f.jpg

Not my picture BTW

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 3:53 AM, Thomasw said:

Was doing random research and found a photo of this bus and wondered what it was. I've spent the last hour researching but didn't find much. I hope someone will be able to help me out. 

transdev_communitytransit_transdev.thumb.jpg.8ad78dc469d7bc13a39ba5c6de3eef9f.jpg

Not my picture BTW

Looks like a Glaval Titan II

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This body was identified as a "Krystal Koach" but it can't be because Krystal didn't produce buses before 1996. It does look a lot like a Krystal but also resembles a Metro Trans, Thomas Dennis or Daimler body. What is it? IMCDb.org: 1991 Ford Econoline Krystal Koach [E-350] in "Zoey 101, 2005-2008"

That aside, I have answers:

On 1/15/2021 at 4:48 PM, GojiMet86 said:

What about these two?

First one is on Freightliner M2 chassis:

50835317291_9cf321f91e_c.jpgIMG_7624 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

Second is a Ford F550:

50835315561_9dbaaae9a2_c.jpgIMG_7635 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

Freightliner: older Turtle Top Odyssey XL (body has since been redesigned)

Ford: Starcraft Allstar XL

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 11/6/2021 at 8:57 AM, GojiMet86 said:

This one is operated by a New Jersey jitney company called Express service. It's a Ford E450 chassis.

EDIT: It appears to be an Ameritrans 285. Can anyone confirm?

51659496014_afa2d20f5c_c.jpgIMG_4961 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

It is an Ameritrans 285. Also, I'm not a big fan of the aftermarket headlights that attempt to emulate the style of the current Super Duty truck headlights, and the fog lights they cut into the bumper to install when they could have put some in the factory holes in the plastic part of the bumper.

• Like 1

I'll post these here as an FYI;

This one is a company I hadn't heard of before, initially I thought it was a TurtleTop product but it's actually a GM33 model from Grech Motors:

51678550684_db37a2440c_t.jpg The Driver Provider by J. Mc., on Flickr

This one may be a bit more common, though they're sort of rare around where the Upper midwest where I am. TurtleTop Terra Transit model, perhaps a slightly older styling variant.

51678550839_f35d877df5_t.jpg TheParkingSpot 24 by J. Mc., on Flickr

I posted about this in the Alberta Motorcoach section, but I thought I'd bring it up here too. Cold Shot Bus Service's fleet has me stumped, they seem to have a lot of these and I can't figure out what they are. (Edit: the photo's not mine by the way)

coldshot.jpg

On 11/14/2021 at 2:22 PM, MVTArider said:

I'll post these here as an FYI;

This one is a company I hadn't heard of before, initially I thought it was a TurtleTop product but it's actually a GM33 model from Grech Motors:

51678550684_db37a2440c_t.jpg The Driver Provider by J. Mc., on Flickr

This one may be a bit more common, though they're sort of rare around where the Upper midwest where I am. TurtleTop Terra Transit model, perhaps a slightly older styling variant.

51678550839_f35d877df5_t.jpg TheParkingSpot 24 by J. Mc., on Flickr

Grech Motors used to be Krystal Enterprises. Krystal went bankrupt around 2010-2011 and sold all their bus assets and branding to Eldorado circa 2012–2013. They restructured around that time and returned to bus manufacturing in late 2013. They seem to have been pretty successful since then and have returned to the limo and RV businesses (although their limos are now all van-based).