GTFS Tools for the STM

Gerbil

You might recall that I had a website for searching STM trip_ID's. Since my privileges for that server expire soon, I took the opportunity to make a more advanced version on a new server.

It is available here: http://gtfstools.site/ A detailed description of all the provided information can be found on the 'About' page.

In addition to the neater display, there are new features:

• get the schedule of a route at a specific stop
  • get the schedule of a trip

If you find any bugs or have any suggestions for changes/new features, feel free to post here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I added 'Today's Bus' to the applicable schedules and to 'Search Trips'. Right now, it only shows trips that have already started (no predictions).

I'm hoping to add a date picker in the near future.

Thanks to @FelixINX for providing me with the processed real-time data!

image.thumb.png.86c9059c5c0566fb27d1de9faea8825f.png

The 90 looks like it's been pretty dull so far!

• Like 2

New features:

• Vehicle tracking history (shows for past 5 active days).
  • Search runs (dynamically generated based on data from previous days).

Clicking the trip_id now brings you to the "search runs" page.

Clicking the vehicle_id now brings you to the "tracking history" page.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
4 hours ago, MTL66 said:

Hey @Gerbil

Your site seems to be down, will not load past the recent updates section. See Screenshot

image.thumb.png.95729d5f933dc59a719057bc8c441d29.png

Fixed it. Sorry about that, I updated some of the internals of the website the other day and that broke the home page. The other pages were working fine though if you had a direct link.

• 1 year later...

My apologies, I have been working on fixing the issues with real time updates the site has had since January. I am currently away, so I don't have the time to work on it. I should have it back up next week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Unfortunately, the change of host did not manage to rectify the issues with retrieving the real time data. It's likely I would have to do a significant reworking of the website. I have been very busy with work the past several months, and I do not have the time to do that at the moment.

The STM is now on TransSee (along with many other agencies). I would recommend you use that instead, if you haven't been already. It is even possible to see the runs/blocks on TransSee.

GTFS Tools may come back at some point in the future, but I cannot make any guarantees. I am glad you found it useful when it did work!

31 minutes ago, Gerbil said:

Unfortunately, the change of host did not manage to rectify the issues with retrieving the real time data. It's likely I would have to do a significant reworking of the website. I have been very busy with work the past several months, and I do not have the time to do that at the moment.

The STM is now on TransSee (along with many other agencies). I would recommend you use that instead, if you haven't been already. It is even possible to see the runs/blocks on TransSee.

GTFS Tools may come back at some point in the future, but I cannot make any guarantees. I am glad you found it useful when it did work!

Yes i have use it a lot for my  collection of STM  bus photo. I start taking picture in the summer of 2021 and there's only 27 that i don't have.It make it a lot easier.Thank You!