Eglinton Garage in 2003?

hl7534

Why did the Vs start moving from Eglinton to Malvern before the other 7400s arrived? I always though they started moving when the 7400s were being delivered.

I never even knew that Eglinton had the '96 Vs before!

Why did the Vs start moving from Eglinton to Malvern before the other 7400s arrived? I always though they started moving when the 7400s were being delivered.

I think it was around December 2002 when they moved 7072-7086 (not 7079) to Malvern. Nothing else was moved until later in 2003 when the VIIs started to come. I'm not too sure why they moved, but it could be because when Eglinton was opened, 85 Sheppard East was split between Eglinton and Malvern, and it might be possible that they moved those buses when they moved all Sheppard East runs to Malvern.

I never even knew that Eglinton had the '96 Vs before!

Eglinton had 1996 Orion Vs when it first opened. It had 7000-7087. That's why those are the only Vs with UWE connectors. In fact the first bus to go into service from Eglinton was a V, it was 7051 on route 300.

I think it was around December 2002 when they moved 7072-7086 (not 7079) to Malvern. Nothing else was moved until later in 2003 when the VIIs started to come. I'm not too sure why they moved, but it could be because when Eglinton was opened, 85 Sheppard East was split between Eglinton and Malvern, and it might be possible that they moved those buses when they moved all Sheppard East runs to Malvern.

That explains the picture I saw of a D40LF on 85 Sheppard East.

Eglinton had 1996 Orion Vs when it first opened. It had 7000-7087. That's why those are the only Vs with UWE connectors. In fact the first bus to go into service from Eglinton was a V, it was 7051 on route 300.

That explains the picture I saw of a D40LF on 85 Sheppard East.

Thanks!

-------------

I have another question.. Just before the 77 Spadina Bus route was axed in 1997, what buses were operating on the route? Which division operated it? I'm assuming it was mostly Fishbowls, but I'm wondering if it has seen any Orions or New Flyers..

Does anyone have a allocation list for sometime in 1997 before the d800b's retired?

Allocation_July_94.htm

That's exactly the reason.

They had problems when 85 was split, Eglinton buses would always arrive on time while Malvern buses were late. 85 went back entirely to Malvern around the same time Sheppard subway opened. 7072-86 were to cover those runs.

Allocation_July_94.htm

Allocation_July_94.htm

Allocation_July_94.htm

Allocation_July_94.htm

Allocation_July_94.htm

They had problems when 85 was split, Eglinton buses would always arrive on time while Malvern buses were late. 85 went back entirely to Malvern around the same time Sheppard subway opened. 7072-86 were to cover those runs.

I'd think that Malverns would arrive on time and Eglinton's late since Malvern is on Sheppard. How many runs were at Eglinton and at Malvern?

I'd think that Malverns would arrive on time and Eglinton's late since Malvern is on Sheppard. How many runs were at Eglinton and at Malvern?

It's one of those 2, don't remember which.

Iirc, they had equal share of 85.

It was sooooo good to see a D40LF and a D40-90 together on one route back then. The only other route was 54 back then. So much choices to take on the 85.

54 was even better; should I take the Newlook (< NO WAY), Classic, 96 V, D40LF, D40-90 or D901? Hmmmmmmm.

As I recall, the issue was running time, not distance from the garage to the route.

Eglinton operated solely the 85C (Sheppard Stn-Victoria Park) and 85G (Sheppard Stn-Scarborough Centre Stn) branches, while Malvern operated the others. The times on the Malvern branches were sufficiently tight (and the Eglinton branches sufficiently generous) to create some irregular headways. The fact that two separate divisions operated the route didn't help matters. It's for these kinds of reasons that the TTC has attempted to keep each route to one division (as witnessed by the recent change to Rosedale).

As I recall, the issue was running time, not distance from the garage to the route.

Eglinton operated solely the 85C (Sheppard Stn-Victoria Park) and 85G (Sheppard Stn-Scarborough Centre Stn) branches, while Malvern operated the others. The times on the Malvern branches were sufficiently tight (and the Eglinton branches sufficiently generous) to create some irregular headways. The fact that two separate divisions operated the route didn't help matters. It's for these kinds of reasons that the TTC has attempted to keep each route to one division (as witnessed by the recent change to Rosedale).

They should do the same for 54 too.

Except the branches on the 54 are interlined.... meaning that Malvern and Eglinton buses can be found on all branches (except for the 54E... which currently is operated only by Malvern).

I like how the 1994 fleet was. Like the NFI D40-88's at bmount. SO SICK! To bad it's not like now. So much varitey of buses.

Thanks Orion V Exp.

Np.

Oh yeah, a little of each at each garage, it's SICK YO! LOL.

I'd imagine how the mechanics would feel back then.

Np.

Oh yeah, a little of each at each garage, it's SICK YO! LOL.

I'd imagine how the mechanics would feel back then.

Yea, That's why most buses are concentrated at one or so garages.

As for the mechanics, hard work. But the majority of the buses, where DDC, I think. So that might of eased up the work.

• 14 years later...
On 3/10/2007 at 10:42 PM, hl7534 said:

Thanks!

-------------

I have another question.. Just before the 77 Spadina Bus route was axed in 1997, what buses were operating on the route? Which division operated it? I'm assuming it was mostly Fishbowls, but I'm wondering if it has seen any Orions or New Flyers..

Pardon the bump on the 15-year-old thread.

The division that the 77 SPADINA was allocated to Eglinton Garage on Yonge. Before that it was allocated to Lansdowne? and Davenport Garages.

On 3/10/2007 at 8:57 PM, 2822 said:

Does anyone have a allocation list for sometime in 1997 before the d800b's retired?

Yes I do. It also includes the allocations attached below between February 18, 1996 and February 19, 1998, the time when the Utah Fishbowls invaded the TTC. (Attachments redacted by request)

On 3/11/2007 at 11:02 PM, Neil said:

I saw a video on YouTube by Ray Neilson that shows #6446 running on route 86A SCARBOROUGH in 1994 opposite at the #67xx V, which was a Malvern route as the 95 was split between Birchmount who did the 95B-Rouge Hill via Lawson and 95F-Kingston branches and Wilson which operated the 95A-Victoria Park branches.

On 3/10/2007 at 9:33 PM, Curtis 7207 said:

On 3/11/2007 at 1:42 AM, Orion V said:

Allocation_July_94.htm

Allocation_July_94.htm

Allocation_July_94.htm

Allocation_July_94.htm

Allocation_July_94.htm 11.52 kB · 64 downloads

Only #7072-#7078 and #7080-#7087 were moved to Malvern as the last bus ran there in April 2002. When the new batch of the #74xx VIIs arrived in September 2003, #7000-#7071, #7079 were dumped to Malvern by April 2004 which finished off most of the 1990 D40s and some Fishbowls. By that August, the new batch of #75xx VIIs had been delivered to New Eglinton which sent the D40LFs and the 192 AIRPORT ROCKET to Queensway by November 2004 that sent 25 D901s packing to Arrow Road and Malvern.

On 3/12/2007 at 12:10 AM, Neil said:

Except the branches on the 54 are interlined.... meaning that Malvern and Eglinton buses can be found on all branches (except for the 54E... which currently is operated only by Malvern).

It was the same arrangement for the 95 YORK MILLS after Mount Dennis opened up to 2018. Malvern operated the 95, 95B and 95E branches and Wilson operated the 95A branch, though three of its runs would wound up to start service on routes 60 or 78. Malvern operated the 9 school tripper that became the 199 and Eglinton similarly did so for the 102 before becoming the 86.