British Airways

Also I’ve heard rumours but can’t confirm it that BA has permanently cut all long haul flights out of LGW, this includes BA2270/2271 which is a May-November 3x a week service from LGW-YYZ. This goes along with a temporary suspension of their base at Gatwick.

This could see the return of BA96/97. Which was a flight that the Concorde would use sometimes when it flew to YYZ. 

On 5/8/2020 at 6:20 PM, John Oke said:

Also I’ve heard rumours but can’t confirm it that BA has permanently cut all long haul flights out of LGW, this includes BA2270/2271 which is a May-November 3x a week service from LGW-YYZ. This goes along with a temporary suspension of their base at Gatwick.

This could see the return of BA96/97. Which was a flight that the Concorde would use sometimes when it flew to YYZ. 

Been confirmed they will close Gatwick hub for good

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/18/2020 at 3:47 PM, OC Transpo Route 95 said:

British Airways is due to take delivery of its first Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner on Thursday morning (May 21st) at LHR. Registration is G-ZBLA.

This is the first of twelve Boeing 787-10s for British Airways.

More information: https://www.executivetraveller.com/news/british-airways-boeing-787-10-delivery

After several delays in delivery, G-ZBLA was delivered to British Airways on June 28, 2020. G-ZBLA was delivered to BA as flight BA9151 from Charleston (CHS) to London (LHR).

G-ZBLA departed CHS at 23:37 local time on June 27th. It landed at LHR at 11:49 local time on June 28th.

See the screenshot below.

image.thumb.png.2d0f8851fce76deaee790f9d308def63.png

• Like 1
On 6/29/2020 at 6:10 PM, OC Transpo Route 95 said:

After several delays in delivery, G-ZBLA was delivered to British Airways on June 28, 2020. G-ZBLA was delivered to BA as flight BA9151 from Charleston (CHS) to London (LHR).

G-ZBLA departed CHS at 23:37 local time on June 27th. It landed at LHR at 11:49 local time on June 28th.

Days after taking delivery of its first Boeing 787-10 (G-ZBLA), British Airways has taken delivery of its second Boeing 787-10 (G-ZBLB).

G-ZBLB was delivered to British Airways on July 1, 2020. G-ZBLB was delivered to BA as flight BA9151 from Charleston (CHS) to London (LHR).

G-ZBLB departed CHS at 22:43 local time on June 30th. It landed at LHR at 11:00 local time on July 1st.

See the screenshot below.

image.thumb.png.8fba70ff14b66417b4e5427f284562d1.png

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, John Oke said:

I’ve heard from a guy who knows a bunch of ground workers at YYZ saying that there’s rumours that BA is bringing the A380 to YYZ for summer 2021 

Could it be part of a last hurrah for the 380s before joining the 747s in retirement?

Or could it be the demise of the BA 747s that will keep their 380s in service a bit longer?

14 minutes ago, Marc said:

Could it be part of a last hurrah for the 380s before joining the 747s in retirement?

Or could it be the demise of the BA 747s that will keep their 380s in service a bit longer?

Last time I heard BA was rumoured looking into getting more A380’s. So it seems like for the time now BA is fully committed to the A380

13 hours ago, John Oke said:

Last time I heard BA was rumoured looking into getting more A380’s. So it seems like for the time now BA is fully committed to the A380

Well that should save a few from the scrappers and BA will probably be able to get them at a good price.

3 hours ago, Michel said:

That information has since been deemed incorrect by British Airways so there is in fact no sale to Rossiya.

I haven't heard any sources saying this. Do you have a reference for this information? I've seen many major news outlets reporting on the sale of the aircraft being real.

1 hour ago, Zortan said:

I haven't heard any sources saying this. Do you have a reference for this information? I've seen many major news outlets reporting on the sale of the aircraft being real.

Sam Chui's website for one thing mentions it, and many other reputable airline news sites like simple flying and airwaysmag have removed the articles from their sites all together.

16 minutes ago, Michel said:

Sam Chui's website for one thing mentions it, and many other reputable airline news sites like simple flying and airwaysmag have removed the articles from their sites all together.

Unfortunate. One Mile at a Time has also added a note to the article saying that it's not true. I was certainly looking forward to seeing some Queens live on :(

• 3 weeks later...