TTC Orion VII Retirements Tracking

33 minutes ago, Shemar said:

1380 might be next. It's parked at 1810 Markham.

It is. I ferried it from mount Dennis this morning.

1655 was dropped there this afternoon with the traction motor whine o’ death as well.

On 5/17/2021 at 9:24 PM, Bus_Medic said:

It is. I ferried it from mount Dennis this morning.

1655 was dropped there this afternoon with the traction motor whine o’ death as well.

What @bus_7246 said to me is true. Both of them are now officially toast.*

#1229 is also canned as well.

* - EDIT: Disregard. See my next post.

4 hours ago, Eren Jaeger said:

What @bus_7246 said to me is true. Both of them are now officially toast.

#1229 is also canned as well.

Neato.

what does this have to do with me, since you’re quoting me for some reason?

1229 had been removed from service since April 24th (when I posted as such?) and long since disposed of.

• Like 4

On 5/18/2021 at 3:13 PM, Doggosareamazing said:

Idk if someone already answered this but when are the 8000s going to be leaving? 

Never.

They will be repainted red and cream and have three-colour rollsigns with all Queensway routes installed. And they will run the roads of south Etobicoke FOREVER.

• Haha 11

6 hours ago, BusFanForever said:

1137 and 1266 have been retired.

That's just a damn shame. All of this could've been avoided had they not gave Mount Dennis the 927. If they wanted to have a different division other then Arrow to run the 927 they could had just given it to Queensway, hell mabye Wilson could better off had it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Queensway said:

That's just a damn shame. All of this could've been avoided had they not gave Mount Dennis the 927. If they wanted to have a different division other then Arrow to run the 927 they could had just given it to Queensway, hell mabye Wilson could better off had it.

It's more complicated than that. The 927 has only been running out of Mount Dennis for two months, you forget that these machines have been wearing out for 15 years now. 

Garage allocation is a tricky thing that has to take into account such factors as how many buses a garage has, deadheading times, etc. In order for the 927 to go to a garage without dybrids, you need to give Mount Dennis a roughly equivalent route in return.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And I believe that the 927 went to MtD for the route to eventually be run using artics (hopefully by next year when the hybrid artics arrive). I think it would've been easier to give MtD some diesels to use on the 927 but only time will tell if that ever happens.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shemar said:

And I believe that the 927 went to MtD for the route to eventually be run using artics (hopefully by next year when the hybrid artics arrive). I think it would've been easier to give MtD some diesels to use on the 927 but only time will tell if that ever happens.

Yeah that would be great to have any kind of diesels or nova hev to operate this route. 

Speaking of retirements, I went past the Obico yard today. Besides some NG hybrids and grey event support buses at the front, there were a few (five or six?) diesel OG buses parked way at the back. TTC logo was missing from the front, but they were too far to read the fleet numbers. Are these 7900s that are used for vaccination support that I've heard about? Parked way back there to avoid giving a virus to the hybrids? B)

1 hour ago, Ed T. said:

Speaking of retirements, I went past the Obico yard today. Besides some NG hybrids and grey event support buses at the front, there were a few (five or six?) diesel OG buses parked way at the back. TTC logo was missing from the front, but they were too far to read the fleet numbers. Are these 7900s that are used for vaccination support that I've heard about? Parked way back there to avoid giving a virus to the hybrids? B)

Yes.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, The Queensway said:

1001 broke down on 927 this afternoon. There is a chance it could get yeeted off revenue service too.

1001 is in service on 79 Scarlett Road

15 hours ago, TTC Guy said:

1268 was sounding absolutely horrible today on the 79. Could be next up on the chopping block.

1268 is in service on 79 Scarlett Road