TTC Orion VII Retirement Tracker

On 2/19/2022 at 1:35 AM, Toro said:

This is probably a  bit overdue since it's probably been retired and scrapped a year ago but 1314 last tracked at mcnicoll garage yet no one has ever seen it there, what actually happened to it? 

Screenshot_20220219-013206_Chrome.jpg

The ad says guess lol. In all seriousness, I don't think I've seen 1314 around. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

1013 is now retired. It is currently in the field at Mount Dennis stripped of parts.

Not conclusively. It’s been in the same spot through the snowstorms (Jan 8). I’ll visually confirm this tomorrow 

Update: it’s not retired. It’s still awaiting a part for replacement

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 9:11 PM, bus_7246 said:

Not conclusively. It’s been in the same spot through the snowstorms (Jan 8). I’ll visually confirm this tomorrow 

Update: it’s not retired. It’s still awaiting a part for replacement

Are you able to advise on the present status of 1000?

3 hours ago, T3G said:

Are you able to advise on the present status of 1000?

It was parked beside 1013 over the weekend. I’m not sure as to why, but I would assume that it’s also awaiting a part that’s in short supply

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

So I just asked a reliable source on the whereabouts of 8065, and they are saying it’s retired and not with TTC and is with Toronto Island Shuttle. Would like to know if anyone else heard about this as I’ve been wanting to update 8065s info on the wiki.

25 minutes ago, ttc.transit said:

So I just asked a reliable source on the whereabouts of 8065, and they are saying it’s retired and not with TTC and is with Toronto Island Shuttle. Would like to know if anyone else heard about this as I’ve been wanting to update 8065s info on the wiki.

The bus assigned to the Toronto Island is still part of the TTC's fleet. They generally need to be rotated out every 3-6 months for maintenance and inspections, and return to their home garage for that to be completed (while another bus gets sent out to replace it).

The last time TTC had "non-revenue" buses on the Island duty was from 2008-2010, when Classics 6221 and 6223 were kept specifically for that purpose. Ever since then it's generally just been a random unit from the TTC's oldest fleet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Articulated said:

The bus assigned to the Toronto Island is still part of the TTC's fleet. They generally need to be rotated out every 3-6 months for maintenance and inspections, and return to their home garage for that to be completed (while another bus gets sent out to replace it).

The last time TTC had "non-revenue" buses on the Island duty was from 2008-2010, when Classics 6221 and 6223 were kept specifically for that purpose. Ever since then it's generally just been a random unit from the TTC's oldest fleet.

Where might one be able to catch the TTC island bus?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ttc.transit said:

The reason behind this post is because 8065 has been MIA since January 25, 2021. It’s touting a stagnant tracker, if it’s still alive

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

They are retired plates are gone and presto readers are removed along with 1044 and 1075 these two buses were reported in the MIA page.  I think 1065 is done.

I think he meant what was the nature of the failure that killed them off. Which unless you have access to the foreman’s sheet of the IFS system, you won’t know.

• Like 1

Ya this a what I meant 

1 hour ago, Bus_Medic said:

I think he meant what was the nature of the failure that killed them off. Which unless you have access to the foreman’s sheet of the IFS system, you won’t know.

9 hours ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

They are retired plates are gone and presto readers are removed along with 1044 and 1075 these two buses were reported in the MIA page.  I think 1065 is done.

1065 is plated. Not done

• Like 1