TTC Orion VII Retirement Tracker

On 3/27/2021 at 3:17 AM, bus_7246 said:

I believe 1314 is retired. I was confirming with a source, and the unit isn’t listed amongst any of the divisions 

I confirmed with a friend of mine who works at McNicoll, and they mentioned that 1314 wasn’t there Friday evening. Who wants to go hunting for this bus?

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

I confirmed with a friend of mine who works at McNicoll, and they mentioned that 1314 wasn’t there Friday evening. Who wants to go hunting for this bus?

It’s off the roster sheet at malvern too.

• Thanks 2

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say 1420 didn’t survive until 4/20 this year. The bus is tracking last tracked inside the repair bay, but is parked against the fence. I’ll confirm when I run in

Edit: the MTO plate sticker hasn’t been updated, but there’s a memo stating that it’s valid until the new sticker is applied. Also, there’s a piece of paper on it stating  “NO ACTM”. Might just be a hold until the part is replaced at a later date 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say 1420 didn’t survive until 4/20 this year. The bus is tracking last tracked inside the repair bay, but is parked against the fence. I’ll confirm when I run in

Edit: the MTO plate sticker hasn’t been updated, but there’s a memo stating that it’s valid until the new sticker is applied. Also, there’s a piece of paper on it stating  “NO ACTM”. Might just be a hold until the part is replaced at a later date 

1420 is in parts limbo but hasn't been retired yet. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/1/2021 at 8:12 AM, bus_7246 said:

The plate sticker extension is a result of covid restrictions on the general population. They just extended it to us for consistency’s sake, and it applies to the whole fleet.

If the traction motor is out of it, that’s a bad sign. It was harvested to use in another bus. It’s a zombie unit, existing only on paper, nothing more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MRD10 said:

Are we retiring "surplus" buses, or are we retiring at the moment without an immediate procured replacement?

The TTC is surplus in buses right now and since the TTC is retiring the rest of the NG HEV fleet next, if a major component like for example the engine or the traction motor fails and if it is uneconomical to repair, then the unit is retired and is harvested for parts.

1 hour ago, Shemar said:

Yeah whoever decided to put the NG HEVs on the 927 clearly knew what they were doing. And now here is the result of it: Dybrids literally dropping like flies.

Trust me, they have been dropping like flies since day 1. They have just decided to stop fixing them.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TTC Guy said:

I think we all knew it was a stupid decision on the TTC's side when we first got the list of route movements. I hoped that they would at least move something to MtD that could handle the 927.

Well hopefully that’ll be happening soon since the hybrids can’t handle the 927 Express 

• Like 1