TTC Orion VII Retirement Tracker

Just a question, will the new 60xx XE40 and the 66xx LFSe+ buses finish off the remaining Orion VIIs? These new electrics will spell the end of the NG HEVs, 80xxs, 81xxs and 83xxs. But I heard they'll likely kill off the 84/85xx LFS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

Just a question, will the new 60xx XE40 and the 66xx LFSe+ buses finish off the remaining Orion VIIs? These new electrics will spell the end of the NG HEVs, 80xxs, 81xxs and 83xxs. But I heard they'll likely kill off the 84/85xx LFS.

They already recommended selling the 8400/8500s to the scraped yard in 4 year time. It's safe to bet in 1-2 years time, this city will be Orion free (from regular service).

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

340 e buses are not enough to start killing the 8400s. They need another batch to do that.

It might go to the end of the 8300s.

They shouldn't even be replacing them on a 1 to 1 ratio since the e buses can't see service for as long as the diesels.

• Like 1

There are 508 Orions on the active roster right now, so 340 e-buses wouldn't be enough to even pension off all of those, never mind the Novas.

• Like 2

Well technically some of those Orions already have their replacements accounted for in the current hybrid batch. Once all of the current hybrid batch of the NFI and Novas enter service, more Orions will pensioned off.

Many of the current hybrids have already entered service, though.

Quick glance at our wiki shows 124 outstanding: 37 Novas, 19 New Flyer rigids, 68 New Flyer artics. If we assume that these will replace a similar quantity of Orions still left behind, let's estimate, 160? due to the higher capacity of the artics (no idea if those numbers track), that would still leave you with 348 Orions. This is not enough to do even a 1 to 1 replacement, never mind, as you yourself pointed out, increasing the spare ratio as they can't last in service as long as the diesels.

I must ask again if there is any official confirmation that the 2015-16 Novas are going to be killed off in the near term. That seems like an astonishingly shortsighted plan. I do not think we are so well off in this country that the money to replace ~220 low floor, air conditioned buses that are not even a decade old couldn't be put to far better use.

19 hours ago, Elijah bey said:

8047 8049 8059 8067 8069 8075 8090 are now retired 

When where these units last in service 

I know 8059, 8069, 8075 & 8090 are retired but not sure about 8047, 8049 & 8067. 8059 was last in service on March 4 on the 48, 8090 was last in service on March 4 on the 40, 8069 & 8075 were last in service in Late February, 8047 & 8067 are in the dead lot so I guess they’re done, I last spotted 8067 on March 16 on the 123. 8049 is on the 501 right now so this might be its final day of service.

2 hours ago, Mar_AC_23 said:

Queensway is experiencing a bus shortage so some 80xx buses will be returning to service. 8067 is one of the ones coming back.

With the new board starting Sunday, how much will this shortage be impacting service? Simplified: what is the demand to active allocated?

11 hours ago, Mar_AC_23 said:

Queensway is experiencing a bus shortage so some 80xx buses will be returning to service. 8067 is one of the ones coming back.

What was the cause? Operator Shortage? 81xx units breaking down? I’m pretty sure 8049 was supposed to go out yesterday but it came back due to the shortage, it’s on the 46 right now. 8067 is on the 50 right now.

An operator shortage would not lead to mothballed units returning.

@kitortransitwhat exactly about my post do you find confusing? I thought I expressed myself quite clearly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Highway of Heroes said:

Visual sighting 

1299 got broken down right outside of University of Toronto Scarborough Campus on Ellesmere Rd not sure if it’s going to be retired from service yet

Dependins on what went wrong. If its not a major mechanical issue or accident it should  be fine

• Thanks 1