COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - How are you coping with this?

RailBus63

On 9/26/2021 at 6:42 AM, PCC Guy said:

Yesterday, I returned from Slovakia.

I'm really glad you were able to make the trip.  It sounds like it was a much needed breath of fresh air.

It's much the same talking to my American friends.  Life is mostly back to normal for them and while the loading on their health care system is up from pre-pandemic levels, the sky isn't falling there either.  Here, the sky is constantly falling and I'm more convinced than ever there's political expediency involved.  Doug Ford's June 2 election next year is a hair over 8 months away and Trudeau's victory speech contained that worn out line about the better days that are coming.  Those would be better days that are coming that never arrive that he's been talking about for the last 19 months where no matter how much progress is made on things or what tools get added to the box, there's always some last minute gotcha that prevents those better days from arriving?  Those better days?

That American friend who came up and visited wanted to hear what Trudeau had to say for himself after the election so that's when I finally sat down and listened to that victory speech.  When I heard that line about the better days that are coming, I just thought oh no, not this again.  Does this mean that since Trudeau didn't get that majority government he wanted, he's going to keep this going again because the plug could be pulled on his minority any time, same as before?

My American friend sent a bunch of text messages back home that basically said, "It really is as bad as Wayside Observer says it is here."  One of my other friends sent a really nice message on my birthday and we ended up chatting for a bit and I'll copy and paste what he said:  "I don't know what is going on with the US. You can come in on our southern border with no vaccination, no money, no job. But people like you can't come for a visit."  They don't understand why the border is being perpetuated by Biden either and the fact that Trudeau's been making excuses for it instead of lobbying on our behalf the way our government did for many years after 9/11 is disgusting.

Oh, we got hit by the vaccine passport starting on Wednesday morning.  Every restaurant we went to was the same, the staff don't want to do it, the staff are pissed off they've been forced into this, the staff don't see the point since they don't have to be vaccinated to work there.  We asked the waitress at the first place we ate at how many people she had turned away that morning and she said she'd sent 15 people away.  The people everywhere else were all similarly complaining that business was way off and their income is way down because restaurant workers make their money on tips, not the crappy low minimum wage that tip earning staff get, and there aren't any when a significant amount of business isn't showing up and they're having to turn away a good chunk of what little does arrive at the door.

The first place we were at, someone was at the door and we could hear it down at our table this person saying they couldn't download their certificates on Wednesday.  They got turned away.  The waitress mentioned this to us when she came by with more coffee and I told her that I'd seen in the Toronto Star that the website had gone down.  Christine Elliot's denials later that the website never crashed, it was down for scheduled maintenance on Wednesday morning rang hollow to me.  You don't do the scheduled maintenance on the launch day when everyone needs to use it.  You do it the day before launch day to get it out of the way before people need to use it.  That just screams cheap excuse-making.

I explained to my American friend who was visiting for the first time in two years that basically what he's seeing is a practical application of the Kathleen Wynne-ification of Ontario and Canada.  People are so hung up on everything here now that you can't go and do anything because of all the objections to it.  I shudder to think how long the politicians are going to keep the over the top pandemic nonsesnse going, egged on by a good chunk of the voters that have been whipped into a panic for 19 months and counting.

• Like 2

I was away when they announced the vaccine passport. I'm just reading over the terms now and I'm in disbelief. You have to show proof of vaccination to sit down in a mall food court? To whom, exactly????? The minimum wage worker who has a million customers waiting impatiently? What's stopping someone from claiming they're taking the food to go and then sitting down in the food court? How is this ever supposed to be enforced?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PCC Guy said:

I was away when they announced the vaccine passport. I'm just reading over the terms now and I'm in disbelief. You have to show proof of vaccination to sit down in a mall food court? To whom, exactly????? The minimum wage worker who has a million customers waiting impatiently? What's stopping someone from claiming they're taking the food to go and then sitting down in the food court? How is this ever supposed to be enforced?

One would think the mall food courts would be exempt just from the sheer impossibility of enforcement. The food court in the mall close to me has hundreds of kids from two neighboring schools swarm in at lunchtime.  They can barely churn the food out in the 30-45 minute lunch allotment let alone enforce vaccine passports.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pccstreetcar4549 said:

it wont be long before  malls take away seating in food courts if not already,  enforcement would fall on mall security id imagine and they probabu have other things to worry about.... 

My friend and I passed through Scarborough Town Centre last week to get a couple of rides in on the RT and the way they did it was rope off the food court's seating area and had extra security guards on staff at a number of entrances to the seating area doing the whole vaccine passport rigamerole.  That left the washrooms and vendors out in the open which works since there's exemptions for those, the staff working there etc. etc.  How long they continue the cash outlay to staff it like that is anyone's guess and I haven't been in any other food courts so I don't know if this is typical or not.  The food court at work already had a dedicated security guard enforcing the 190 person capacity limit so they might get them to do the vaccine passport routine if they rope it off similarly.  Honestly, that food court was having trouble getting 19 people in it let alone 190 and the vendors have been hemhorraging money for ages.  If the pandemic supports wind down in October as planned, they're going to be in even worse dire straits.

Meanwhile, I just found out the hard way that a lot of sitdown restaurants have slashed their hours severely.

I visited one of my relatives down in the Niagara peninsula for the first time in ages, stopped in at the Bass Pro shop at the outlet mall and spent too much money but I picked up a couple of nice pieces of cast iron cookware, and started working my way home again.  The dashboard thermometer in the truck was dipping as low as 13 degrees in places and I thought you know, I'm hungry, I'm tired, I picked up a bit of a chill, a bowl of soup and a decent sized meal and a cup of tea at the Swiss Chalet in Grimsby would break up the trip home perfectly.  I got there at 7:58, walked in and found out they closed at 8:00 even though it says 10:00 on the internet.  The lady at the door said yeah, it still says 10:00 and it sounded like this was far from the first time that came up.  She offered takeout which I declined becuase it'd be stone cold by the time I got home.  Get back in the truck, set out again, and it crossed my mind that the Denny's in the Sandman hotel at Centennial Parkway in Hamilton is 24 hour a bit further down the road so I stopped there, parked, got to the door and discovered that they closed at 4:00 PM.

Get back in the truck and drive home because this was clearly turning into an exercise in futility.  Pretty much every single restaurant I rolled by that wasn't a sports bar had nobody inside and I wasn't going to waste any more time stopping to find out whether it was due to low business or reduced hours and they're already closed.  A frozen dinner's going in the oven as soon as it finishes heating up.  Maybe spending money on more cookware wasn't such a bad idea since eating out isn't possible if you're running into the evening by all that much.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

So the PM states that to travel on A cruise ship leaving Canada, Traveling on VIA Rail or on any Air line within Canada to board you will need to be full vaccinated with some medical emptions by thend of OCT.

So what about coach travel? PM didn't state anything about inter-city coach travel?

Now grant you I'm not sure what inter-city coach companies policies are on the Covide-19 are, but I find it it interesting that the PM would not mention inter-city coach companies travel in his media statement. This is not the first the PM failed to mentioned coach travel as it didn't matter.

• Like 2

I just found out something interesting.  We've been having an outbreak at work.

Apparently the definition of an "outbreak" is two or more people getting COVID-19 within the same 14 days.  That's a pretty low bar.  I'd almost say that at or close to the minimum that's been set, it's pretty tenuous.

For example, one person in a large workplace with a couple hundred people gets sick and pops a positive test, then 12 days later a second person on a different shift in a different department four floors away gets sick and pops a positive test and presto, it's an outbreak.  It's not hard to see a ton of different scenarios that are being classified as outbreaks that are reaching pretty hard.

Going on the Toronto Public Health website, if you set the bar a little bit higher at three people or four people, the number of outbreaks goes down dramatically because all of the two people or two and three people outbreaks drop off.  I really should've looked at the numbers a lot sooner.  They can't really set the threshold much lower because nobody is going to accept one person getting sick as an "outbreak" and spreading two people getting sick further apart than 14 days in time would be stretching the possibility of the two cases actually being related past the breaking point.  This is the lowest the bar could possibly be set for declaring outbreaks which in turn maximizes the number of outbreaks being declared.  That almost sounds like it's deliberately designed to scare people.

• Like 2

Just saw James Bond No Time To Die. First movie I have seen since COVID-19 was declared a pandemic along with having to show my photo ID along with proof of vaccination (only need to show the second dose sheet). It is nice to see a film in-person considering mine was 4DX and before capacity limits were lifted effective October 9th at midnight in Ontario. 

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-lifts-covid-19-capacity-restrictions-for-venues-used-for-concerts-sports-and-movie-theatres-1.5616962?fbclid=IwAR3EWtVPkCPad5XTqqtsA6NxrZ_4WhG9yb2FyqvpuNs5zq1bhhKK2MVEuNA

To be honest, I have always avoided sitting beside another person in movie theatres even before COVID-19. Regarding lifting capacity limits for concerts and sporting events, I guess most likely they are trying to bring back live events with thousands of people. Being pretty long and other areas lifting such restrictions and allowing live entertainment.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Regarding lifting capacity limits for concerts and sporting events, I guess most likely they are trying to bring back live events with thousands of people.

Isn't it great that capacity limits for concerts and sporting events are gone with a bunch of professional sports seasons about to start up?  The Government of Ontario wouldn't want to impede the ability of organizations like Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment that own a bunch of those professional sports teams and several mass entertainment venues from raking in lots of money, right?

On the other hand gyms and restaurants?  Outside of a couple of large chains, they're all small operators whether they're independents or franchises so SCREW YOU, capacity limits stay.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 6:50 PM, Wayside Observer said:

Isn't it great that capacity limits for concerts and sporting events are gone with a bunch of professional sports seasons about to start up?  The Government of Ontario wouldn't want to impede the ability of organizations like Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment that own a bunch of those professional sports teams and several mass entertainment venues from raking in lots of money, right?

On the other hand gyms and restaurants?  Outside of a couple of large chains, they're all small operators whether they're independents or franchises so SCREW YOU, capacity limits stay.

Religious services are also still required to limit their capacity to keep people two metres apart, even though masks are required at all times when indoors and singing aloud is strictly forbidden.  I attend a popular church that has hundreds of registered parishioners, but the church capacity is currently 150 so the parish uses a first-come-first-served online reservation system for the two Sunday services.  However, all of the seats fill up within minutes of the reservation system opening each week, and you're out of luck if you're late.  I have missed the booking deadline several times since in-person church attendance resumed in the summer, and I find it to be quite frustrating when that happens.  Other parishes use a lottery system, in which parishioners enter a draw for a seat at the next service, while others simply allow people to show up and be seated if there is room, but those churches tend to fill up about half an hour before the service begins.

In addition, our diocese requires churches to have designated entrances and exits, so at the end of the service the main entrance doors are shut and everyone is required to file out the side exit, even though no one is entering the church at the end of the service.  One more gripe is that my church is not air conditioned and it can get quite hot inside in the summer, so I am gasping for air while not being allowed to remove my mask to breathe more easily because it is simply too risky.  Quebec allows parishioners to remove their masks once seated, why not Ontario?

Compare this with an NHL hockey game, in which fans can eat, drink, and cheer as loudly as possible while crammed into an arena with thousands of other people.  I fail to see how hockey, football, or baseball is safe while church services are still considered to be too dangerous to ease up on the capacity or masking restrictions.  Keep in mind that numerous studies have shown that the current vaccines are ineffective at stopping the spread of the Delta variant of the coronavirus, so vaccine mandates and passports are essentially useless at preventing asymptomatic individuals from spreading COVID wherever they go.

13 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

The US land border reopens next month. Especially after 18 months of closing the land border and the only way is through an airline flight. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/us-canada-border-reopen-1.6208838?fbclid=IwAR08gAYKFrBZ4lS_-QsjHnsGJLA7GWeH-dJKI1mwGXUuP-rC_i1ribY--A4

I must have been having a good sound sleep last night because one of my American friends sent me a text message with a link to the same article in the middle of the night and it didn't wake me up so I discovered it this morning when I woked up and read it then.

I have a couple of thoughts.  One, it's damn time.  The science that everyone claims to be following said it was safe for the CAN-US border to reopen to vaccinated people back in the early summer.

Second, when is "early November" exactly?  In other words, how long is this going to be extended past October 21st?  An actual start date would have been good to have and the fact that something as crucially important as that was missing kind of leaves the impression that despite 18 months - a year and a half - of lead time, they're still scrambling last minute to finish out the details of policy.  Clearly over the last year and a half neither government was keeping planning current with the revolving 30 day windows and were both happy to let the border closure go sideways indefinitely, hence the last minute scramble without anything fully ready to go.  This speaks to how the issues surrounding the pandemic have been handled, and does not speak well of it.

In any event, I guess it's time to wait for a date to be announced and start making plans around it.

13 hours ago, tomsbuspage said:

Religious services are also still required to limit their capacity to keep people two metres apart, even though masks are required at all times when indoors and singing aloud is strictly forbidden.  I attend a popular church that has hundreds of registered parishioners, but the church capacity is currently 150 so the parish uses a first-come-first-served online reservation system for the two Sunday services.  However, all of the seats fill up within minutes of the reservation system opening each week, and you're out of luck if you're late.  I have missed the booking deadline several times since in-person church attendance resumed in the summer, and I find it to be quite frustrating when that happens.  Other parishes use a lottery system, in which parishioners enter a draw for a seat at the next service, while others simply allow people to show up and be seated if there is room, but those churches tend to fill up about half an hour before the service begins.

In addition, our diocese requires churches to have designated entrances and exits, so at the end of the service the main entrance doors are shut and everyone is required to file out the side exit, even though no one is entering the church at the end of the service.  One more gripe is that my church is not air conditioned and it can get quite hot inside in the summer, so I am gasping for air while not being allowed to remove my mask to breathe more easily because it is simply too risky.  Quebec allows parishioners to remove their masks once seated, why not Ontario?

Compare this with an NHL hockey game, in which fans can eat, drink, and cheer as loudly as possible while crammed into an arena with thousands of other people.  I fail to see how hockey, football, or baseball is safe while church services are still considered to be too dangerous to ease up on the capacity or masking restrictions.  Keep in mind that numerous studies have shown that the current vaccines are ineffective at stopping the spread of the Delta variant of the coronavirus, so vaccine mandates and passports are essentially useless at preventing asymptomatic individuals from spreading COVID wherever they go.

I honestly can't believe they actually go out there and say they're "following the science" with a straight face when they come up with garbage like this.

I honestly can't believe people actually believe it when they say they're "following the science" when they come up with garbage like this.

• Like 1

Having to book a pew seat is just insane (to be fair having to book anything in advance is insane, the days of “ I want to go to hcrr etc  today,  spur of the moment  decision is  long gone and probably never coming back ) , what about for older church goers who don’t have any form of technology…. 

1 hour ago, pccstreetcar4549 said:

Having to book a pew seat is just insane (to be fair having to book anything in advance is insane, the days of “ I want to go to hcrr etc  today,  spur of the moment  decision is  long gone and probably never coming back ) , what about for older church goers who don’t have any form of technology…. 

Then we have a situation like my mother's.  She does not have a computer nor does she have a smartphone--she has a flip phone--and so she cannot book a reservation on her own.  I register for her if I have room in my car, but I drive a compact and with my wife, three children and myself, the car's full most Sundays.  In that case, my Mum watches mass on TV, which is usually broadcast from Montreal or Toronto.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomsbuspage said:

Then we have a situation like my mother's.  She does not have a computer nor does she have a smartphone--she has a flip phone-

She is far from alone in that respect. I know several people that do not have either, or have one but not the other. I don't have a Smart Phone, my neighbor has neither, My room mate does not have a cell phone of any kind, another friend has no cell phone, she has a lap top but no WiFi, she goes to a cafe or library when she needs to. Tech is good to have, but it can be costly and if one can manage without (like we did not all that long ago) then so be it.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2021 at 12:47 PM, pccstreetcar4549 said:

22 hours ago, tomsbuspage said:

Then we have a situation like my mother's.  She does not have a computer nor does she have a smartphone--she has a flip phone--and so she cannot book a reservation on her own.  I register for her if I have room in my car, but I drive a compact and with my wife, three children and myself, the car's full most Sundays.  In that case, my Mum watches mass on TV, which is usually broadcast from Montreal or Toronto.

Ontario's new plan for lifting COVID-19 restrictions coming next week

Details are still to come but it looks like if the capacity limits are going to come off everything else so hopefully that means church services can go back to something more normal without the advance booking stuff.  I'm really surprised they're talking about possibly making the vaccine passport optional already.  It hasn't even been in place for a month yet and the smart phone app hasn't been released.  If that turns into a three or four week wonder, what was the point?

Then on the border, we have this:

Travel might be easy for Shatner, but not so much for border crossers  (alternate link)

There are still a lot of unanswered questions like a start date.  Then there's the issue of the PCR tests before returning to Canada.  That's fine for a trip of decent length but how to handle things like day trips to Buffalo Bills/Sabres games etc.  There are still a bunch of unresolved issues with how the border is being handled and it's clearly a dog's breakfast instead of anything resembling an integrated strategy with a, you know, a discernable strategy behind it which is plainly obvious to anyone that's been watching but yet the eye-rolling quotes like this keep on coming:

In a statement on Wednesday, Public Safety Minister Bill Blair welcomed the announcement by U.S. officials.

“Our two governments have worked closely since the beginning of the pandemic to slow the spread of COVID-19, and today’s announcement is one more step toward returning to normal,” Blair said.

What a steaming pile of BS.  Neither Canada or the United States successfully kept anything out, and anything being slowed down was due to internal policies than anything the border which was a swiss cheese full of holes with exemptions for just about anything except ordinary, average people that got slammed, as usual.  Then the dog's breakfast surrounding reopening it on both sides clearly shows how there's been no working closely between governments.  What a total pantload.  It blows me away that people like Bill Blair can say such disingenuous garbage like this that doesn't agree with any reality being observed, and there's a good section of the population that still believes this crap out of the politicians despite that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

Then there's the issue of the PCR tests before returning to Canada.

Global News: ‘Rules are the rules’: Freeland mum on removing PCR testing for Canada border

“Canadians do need a valid PCR test to go back to Canada. I had my test done to go home this afternoon,” said [Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia] Freeland.

I'm concerned about the timing of the COVID test to return to Canada.  The CBSA require a negative molecular test no more 72 hours before arriving at the Canadian border.  However, almost every time someone in my family has taken a PCR test, it has taken more than 72 hours to get the results back.  I wouldn't want to take the test 2 1/2 days before returning to Canada only to arrive at the port of entry without my results being available yet. :unsure:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tomsbuspage said:

Global News: ‘Rules are the rules’: Freeland mum on removing PCR testing for Canada border

I'm concerned about the timing of the COVID test to return to Canada.  The CBSA require a negative molecular test no more 72 hours before arriving at the Canadian border.  However, almost every time someone in my family has taken a PCR test, it has taken more than 72 hours to get the results back.  I wouldn't want to take the test 2 1/2 days before returning to Canada only to arrive at the port of entry without my results being available yet. :unsure:

It's already caused problems.  That American friend who visited in September?  That visit was originally intended for August and we both got our vacation time lined up etc. to make it happen except the 1-4 day turnaround time on the test results at the place he got it done took all four days.  The negative results came back just after 4:00 PM on the fourth day which caused the trip to get scrapped and pushed to September when we could reschedule and he could get it done at a place with a better turnaround time. 

Unfortunately, they barely squeaked in delivering the results before the end of the fourth day so he couldn't get his money back for that wasted test because they made it in - barely in - their committed delivery time.

I'd like to see the Canadian policy updated to drop the test.  Drop the whole "it's never been symmetrical" excuse making, drop the test, and make it work for everyone.  If you're vaccinated and can prove you're vaccinated, that should be enough.  Enough with the political science, enough with punishing people for wanting to live their lives or something close to.

Edit:  Oh yeah, there it is in the morning paper:

Not so fast with that trip to Buffalo: The U.S. border may be reopening to Canadians, but ‘the rules are the rules’  (alternate link)

Of course, the Toronto Star won't approach the question of why are the rules the rules, should the rules be the rules, or should the rules be changed?  This is the latest in a bunch of articles by their Washington bureau chief that have been extremely hostile to the idea of the US border reopening.  The previous one was last week about why it won't be reopening anytime soon.  The National Post has an article saying that Ottawa isn't too keen on the US reopening their border.  Honestly, get over it.  The election's over.  Vaccination is well underway in both countries, especially well underway here, I don't understand why our governments are hell bent on making people's lives unnecessarily difficult at this stage of the game.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Politicians who recently travelled now have a message for Canadians: Don’t travel

Ouch.  Just ouch.  Wow, the Globe and Mail really did not hold back on chewing our politicians up.

The best way to read that if you don't have any free articles left is on a Mac or i device and open it in Safari and hit the reader mode button at the left end of the web address bar right away.  It's worth it.

As a general observation of what's being said in the media between the election on September 20 and now, the $600 million spinning our tires for nothing with the election, the September 30 debacle and the garbage that is still being said about travel now, the shine really appears to have come off the Trudeau government.  It's about time people started asking serious questions about how things have been done instead of accepting BS as fait accompli.

• Like 2

Ottawa Sun: Ending capacity limits great but Ontario must revise rigid mask rules next

I don't usually post opinion columns here, but Anthony Furey's comments about Ontario's strict mask mandates struck a chord with me today.

I subscribe to a community e-mail list for local events, buy-sell-trade, neighbourhood watch, and so on.  To say that some of the other subscribers are worried about COVID is a massive understatement.  Some of the folks selling items require "e-transfer and porch pickup only," as though they will die of COVID from meeting a masked and distanced neighbour for a few minutes even though 82% of Ottawa's vaccine-eligible population has been double-vaxxed.  I recently gave away an infant car seat to another subscriber, and she came to my house to pick it up.  We met outside and were both masked the whole time.  The amount of time it took me to enter her six-foot bubble to hand her the car seat and then step took all of about five seconds.  I thought that our interaction was appropriate and did not present a COVID-transmission risk although some community members apparently feel otherwise.

Something else that came up in the e-mail list revolved around small businesses intending to ignore the vaccine passport checks.  The discussion started off by naming-and-shaming the businesses not requiring the passports, and degenerated into a one-sided rant labelling anyone who criticised the passports or mandatory vaccines as rabid anti-vaxxers.  Even someone who commented that the discussion had become a witch hunt was berated for his opinion.  These are the same people advocating to shutting down Ottawa's scenic parkways on weekends and holidays so that cyclists and joggers can exercise at a "safe" distance from each other, forcing a considerable amount of vehicular traffic onto side streets.  It has gotten to the point that the word "safe" used in a COVID context has become a trigger word for me. 😠

1 hour ago, tomsbuspage said:

It has gotten to the point that the word "safe" used in a COVID context has become a trigger word for me.

There are many words I have become allergic to as a result of this circus. A non-exhaustive list:

-distance

-distancing

-test

-curbside

-mandatory

-mandate

-virtual

As for the issue of the mask mandates, I would be sufficiently satisfied if I wasn't required to wear one at work while doing heavy lifting, outdoors, all by myself. Wouldn't want some lumber to breathe on me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Effective November 8th, US will accept travellers with mixed doses. Considering the uncertainty for those that take the first they are offered rather than wait and do it under recommended timelines between the two doses. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/u-s-canadian-travellers-mixed-vaccines-1.6213176?fbclid=IwAR3mOFr-cLR_Yf0P_FJrckGm5ozUb7dXX9jbxKwKM7_Gwrrw71jhBtVNQhk

The requirement of a negative COVID test is still required for air travel into the US. Land entry only requires proof of vaccination. Coming back into Canada either by land or air requires a negative COVID test which has to be PCR, NAT/NAAT or RT-LAMP test taken within the last 72 hours prior to entry into Canada.

On the topic of negative tests required for air travel into the US, there is also talk of shifting the verification of negative tests and proof of vaccination to CATSA (Canadian Air Transport Security Authority) instead of relying on the gate agents who may not check being in a rush. This is along with the dozens of gates versus the few access points that require going through a security checkpoint before boarding. 

https://ottawacitizen.com/pmn/news-pmn/canada-news-pmn/ottawa-eyes-charging-airport-security-with-vaccine-verification-for-travellers/wcm/eb0339bc-136a-401f-b985-b2bd7a0b29af?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1xR9HDmON0zetd5oswweThABhG4woppB_e5CPjt1dspW2Wfc6JMbxgAM8#Echobox=1634306972

• Like 2

16 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

There are many words I have become allergic to as a result of this circus. A non-exhaustive list:

-distance

-distancing

-test

-curbside

-mandatory

-mandate

-virtual

As for the issue of the mask mandates, I would be sufficiently satisfied if I wasn't required to wear one at work while doing heavy lifting, outdoors, all by myself. Wouldn't want some lumber to breathe on me.

Add "hotel" (up until a couple months or so ago) and "essential".

• Like 1