COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - How are you coping with this?

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mom passed on at 1530hrs today. Rest In Peace Catharina Dejong Feb. 26. 1919 - Jan. 30, 2021.

My great aunt passed this pass week, and after talking around, it turns out she was located at a home where there was an outbreak of COVID-19. I suspect that she passed due to the virus. I don’t think

I got word a day or two ago that my 90-year-old Great Uncle who lives in London now has COVID-19 and is in severe condition.  I really hate to say this but he is probably not going to live much longer

Posted Images

So given the Trudeau's failure on securing vaccines for Canadians, we're are now at 20th place of vaccines administered per capita, far behind places like the United States and United Kingdom, and even other countries much more poor than Canada. It really makes me question on how the hell is Doug Ford/the City of Ottawa is going to meet it's vaccine schedule for "essential workers" and "those with chronic conidiations" like me by March while we're struggling to even complete phase one which is vaccinate LTC homes residents. This a major failure on Trudeau's end whether he wants to admit to it or not, which he won't, let's be honest...

2 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

So given the Trudeau's failure on securing vaccines for Canadians, we're are now at 20th place of vaccines administered per capita, far behind places like the United States and United Kingdom, and even other countries much more poor than Canada. It really makes me question on how the hell is Doug Ford/the City of Ottawa is going to meet it's vaccine schedule for "essential workers" and "those with chronic conidiations" like me by March while we're struggling to even complete phase one which is vaccinate LTC homes residents. This a major failure on Trudeau's end whether he wants to admit to it or not, which he won't, let's be honest...

Especially since can't live like this forever dealing with capacity restrictions and physical distancing. I think his only solution is simply print more money to get through the current situation. With the federal government accumulating almost 1.04 trillion dollars and counting. Increasing by 1.045 billion daily being pretty massive.

Not everyone can afford to live off their financing or have such capacity. Let alone some say "let the virus run the cycle." To be honest that would be a very long time before it reaches that point noting the variants of COVID-19 involved from different regions. This isn't Spanish Flu where no vaccine was made available and it ran out of stream to be deadly back in 1918 and 1919. At the same time, it didn't go away either since it mutated into the seasonal flu.

Fast forward to today: I guess they didn't think that a vaccine would be readily available in a short period of time thinking it would take about 10 years to create a viable solution. When one can be created in a few months pending clinical trial results along with the genetic code having to build from that code. Spanish Flu didn't have a vaccine created or the resources to make one.

It also shows how prepared some regions are during a pandemic which some aren't really that prepared or equipped. 

• Like 2

Nursing home called to say mom is in 'further decline'.

You know that feeling when you are 'waiting for the other shoe to drop'??? That's how I am feeling right now. Kinda uneasy.

• Sad 7
3 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

You know that feeling when you are 'waiting for the other shoe to drop'??? That's how I am feeling right now. Kinda uneasy.

Sorry to hear. Especially with the pandemic not making things easier. 

Stay strong and hang in there. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

I'm very sorry to hear this. We have failed our elderly.

• Like 2

Travel restrictions for those coming to Canada via air have been implemented after almost a year. Noting that a test will be administered and will have to stay at a hotel until the results return back.

If the test is negative, then they can continue the remainder of their self-isolation at their own residence. Should they test positive, then they will be taken to a government facility to quarantine. All at the traveller's expense which is estimated to cost around $2,000. To hopefully deter people from travelling or having to pledge enough assets or collateral to fund those additional costs. 

Trudeau definitely took his very sweet time trying to address the loopholes. Noting that it should have been addressed in the first few weeks that the pandemic was occurring instead of a few months later. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/now-is-just-not-the-time-to-be-flying-pm-trudeau-announces-new-travel-restrictions-1.5287311

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2
22 minutes ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Travel restrictions for those coming to Canada via air have been implemented after almost a year. Noting that a test will be administered and will have to stay at a hotel until the results return back.

If the test is negative, then they can continue the remainder of their self-isolation at their own residence. Should they test positive, then they will be taken to a government facility to quarantine. All at the traveller's expense which is estimated to cost around $2,000. To hopefully deter people from travelling or having to pledge enough assets or collateral to fund those additional costs. 

Trudeau definitely took his very sweet time trying to address the loopholes. Noting that it should have been addressed in the first few weeks that the pandemic was occurring instead of a few months later. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/now-is-just-not-the-time-to-be-flying-pm-trudeau-announces-new-travel-restrictions-1.5287311

I find  it interesting and frustrating  they are only doing  this now....my last trip was March  2020 just as the pandemic was getting going... I expected this kind of stuff back  then... back then they simply  “hoped” you self isolated...... 

Wow, can you imagine being one of the poor bastards who actually has essential travel right now? Not only do they have to pay out their ass for a plane ticket, the costs are basically doubled now. What a joke 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

They placed mom in palliative care today.

Oh geeze, really sorry to hear that, at least you got to visit her and keep on.  Our seniors are bearing a hell of a burden with convid.

Hang in there cap'n 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, captaintrolley said:

Mom passed on at 1530hrs today.

Rest In Peace

Catharina Dejong

Feb. 26. 1919 - Jan. 30, 2021.

Horrible. Very sorry to hear this.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

Rest In Peace

Catharina Dejong

I’m very sorry to hear this. I’ve gone through this twice now and I am happy to know that you were able to see her one last time.

• Sad 2

Rest In Peace

Catharina Dejong

Sorry for your loss Captain.  Thankful you got to spend one last visit with her - it's sad that we are restricted from seeing our loved ones, but glad they made an exception for you.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Rest In Peace

Catharina Dejong

Sorry for your loss. Glad you got to see her one last time even with the restrictions and challenges. 

Stay strong Captain. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Rest In Peace

Catharina Dejong

Sorry for your loss Captain.  At least you were able to see your mom one final time before she passed.  I understand your pain, one of my relatives died last March and it was very emotional to see him go as I loved him so much.  Stay strong.

• Like 2

Rest In Peace

Catharina Dejong

My condolences go out to you and your family Captain.

• Like 2