401-435

Wpgtransit11-25

2 hours ago, Isaac Williams said:

4 hours ago, Wpgtransit11-25 said: Those engines sound like tractors lol Don't get me wrong, I like the older Cummins engines too, but the Detroit Diesel engines are beautiful. Stop trolling.

Not trolling just like the Cummins sound way better and are more reliable 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SirAndrew710 said:

Do we know how many of these buses made it up here before the border was closed, anyway?

I am no so sure if bus delivery will be affected by the border closure as those are considered commercial traffic

on a side note, I saw 417 at the back of FRG a while back 

40 minutes ago, Thewinnipegtransitfanhuang said:

I am no so sure if bus delivery will be affected by the border closure as those are considered commercial traffic

on a side note, I saw 417 at the back of FRG a while back 

A buddy of mine said that indeed buses were held up at the border due to Flyer being closed in the states due to covid and a few buses were held up do to border restrictions as there not trucked in there driven as is so that’s part of the delay 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SirAndrew710 said:

416 on 11 today. Why do they always seem to end up on that route?

B0BFFB06-0781-4015-B008-2C58AC754215.thumb.jpeg.a0a854f0d5331863cead3f4ccf54b567.jpeg

Its local feeder (the 85) has been getting just XD40's for a while now as well. Much nicer than the D30LFs that used to always run on that route. Sunday/Holiday service is still the domain of the D30LF.

30 minutes ago, Viafreak said:

Its local feeder (the 85) has been getting just XD40's for a while now as well. Much nicer than the D30LFs that used to always run on that route. Sunday/Holiday service is still the domain of the D30LF.

I have noticed some feeders seem to get XD40s quite a bit. Before the lockdown, I noticed that the 83 got them a lot. And that route would also see D30LFs quite a bit in years past. Slightly unrelated, but how much say do feeder drivers get with regards to what they drive? My longtime driver on the 83 (since retired) once told me that he hated driving small buses, and sure enough, he always seemed to get an LFR (this was before we had any XD40s, though when the first of those arrived, he got them quite a bit as well) - the other run would always have a D30LF.

• 2 weeks later...