401-435

Wpgtransit11-25

Also, neither of them have fareboxes. Would have thought for sure that the first 600-series feeder out of the garage would have been new 401. I guess there’s still time for one to be installed between now and April 12. Of course, even if that does happen, dispatch could royally screw up and send an old 400 onto the feeders instead while new 401 could end up on (most extreme case) the 101 DART.

54 minutes ago, SirAndrew710 said:

Also, neither of them have fareboxes. Would have thought for sure that the first 600-series feeder out of the garage would have been new 401. I guess there’s still time for one to be installed between now and April 12. Of course, even if that does happen, dispatch could royally screw up and send an old 400 onto the feeders instead while new 401 could end up on (most extreme case) the 101 DART.

I've seen a big bus on the 101 before it was 637 on canada day a few years ago. I remember it being very very hot that day. And they wanted to make sure everyone had A/C

33 minutes ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

I've seen a big bus on the 101 before it was 637 on canada day a few years ago. I remember it being very very hot that day. And they wanted to make sure everyone had A/C

Still, there’s a difference between “wanting to make sure everyone had A/C” and thus intentionally putting a 40-footer on there (do you know if the 102 had a 40-footer that day?) and one ending up on there by accident.

2 hours ago, SirAndrew710 said:

Still, there’s a difference between “wanting to make sure everyone had A/C” and thus intentionally putting a 40-footer on there (do you know if the 102 had a 40-footer that day?) and one ending up on there by accident.

They both did and the run ended as a 18 and 16 to Selkirk loop and Templeton for the 18 

4 hours ago, SirAndrew710 said:

If not for COVID-19, I would’ve gone and ridden it. Maybe it or another will show up on that route (or the 83 or something else close to me) after we have this virus behind us.

I'm not giving in to the fear. It don't bother me. It's just a Communist plot to take over the world.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, LilZebra said:

I'm not giving in to the fear. It don't bother me. It's just a Communist plot to take over the world.

Me neither. I've still been going out anyways. It's not like I'm going to bars or parties or anything like that, I'm pretty much by myself, just enjoying my day, and the (finally) warming weather. Admittedly I have gotten a little sick, but it appears to be a common cold.

Any new designs for NFI buses for this decade? I'm getting tired of the current design which we've had since 2008 or earlier.

Any trends in current exterior bus design that are interesting? Any Euro design that would make our buses more interesting?

This one, with the "nose" looks kind of cool...

497063d0f892214692621b5d86cff108.jpg

And this one below could be used for commuter bus in the Metro Region.

image.thumb.png.3a557213ba2d319cc047fa7f805e314c.png

Even if NFI introduces something new, who says that WT would buy it? Our first LFRs came two years after that model was first introduced, and our first Xcelsiors came five years after that model was first introduced. At the very least, the Xcelsior is more esthetically pleasing than any other bus on the market in North America.

2 hours ago, LilZebra said:

Any new designs for NFI buses for this decade? I'm getting tired of the current design which we've had since 2008 or earlier.

Any trends in current exterior bus design that are interesting? Any Euro design that would make our buses more interesting?

This one, with the "nose" looks kind of cool...

497063d0f892214692621b5d86cff108.jpg

And this one below could be used for commuter bus in the Metro Region.

image.thumb.png.3a557213ba2d319cc047fa7f805e314c.png

European buses are ugly. Just use Xcelsior buses. If only Winnipeg Transit would paint them BLUE, or Orange.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't exactly fault them in fairness. It's still a very odd sight to see out that way anyway. And whenever university gets to be back in session, that may be a reason for people to just use it over route 75 since it's "just another KP bus".

I thought they would've had "U of Manitoba" > "via SW Transitway" the other way but it just looks like a regular 60 otherwise.

The other thing I just thought about, it's still route 74(?)/75-style "U of Manitoba" as opposed to 78/BLUE style "University of Manitoba". Hmmm.