401-435

Wpgtransit11-25

47 minutes ago, Wpgtransit11-25 said:

I believe these buses will replace the current 400 fleet and some 500s I don’t know what the plan is for the Calgary buses tho 

I hope those Calgary buses are on their way out. Every time that I am on one, it sounds like the engine is about to quit. Probably has something to due with the hills in Calgary.

Riding a few of the ex-Calgary buses recently (Winter), I can say that they surely were not spec'd for the Winnipeg climate. Brrrrrr.

I had the option of riding 652 (160) or one of the newer 60 footers doing the 161 this afternoon. Guess which one I chose?

The Calgaries are loud but proud, and they run real damn well at high speeds. I've never been chilly on those. Though that's probably because I sit right where the warmest spots are (the two far rear corner seats) that sometimes almost get too warm even if it's -40 outside.

I also like that at least one of them has a "Do Not Lean Against Door" decal, seen below. Those should honestly get installed on every bus, especially the ones with the hybrid touch/motion rear doors.

MVIMG_20200109_170843.jpg

41 minutes ago, Viafreak said:

Anything is better than the yellow on the 1999 buses. I find it hard to read the Luminator displays on those buses because of that and I have pretty good eyesight.

The same sort of signs are harder to read on the 1996 D30LFs than they are on the 400s. There have been times when it’s been dark out where I haven’t been able to read those signs until right when the bus pulled up in front of me. Fortunately, I think the three remaining 1996-model small buses will also be gone sooner than later.

I wonder whether the current buses will get white signs when they get rebuilt. Yes, the 400s and the 1996 D30LFs still have the flip-dot ones, but I’ve noticed 579 has a newer Luminator controller, so maybe the signs do get changed out in some cases.

My guess is this order must’ve been finalized before they decided they wanted future orders to have the white ones. Or, who knows? Maybe there will be one bus that has the white ones, much like how 369 is the only bus in that order that has a white one.

5 minutes ago, SirAndrew710 said:

My guess is this order must’ve been finalized before they decided they wanted future orders to have the white ones. Or, who knows? Maybe there will be one bus that has the white ones, much like how 369 is the only bus in that order that has a white one.

I know the bike racks are an added budget item that wasn’t debated at city hall till long after the order was placed and a guy who does the ordering of the buses told me they would have white signs for this order so I’m very confused 

On 3/4/2020 at 11:47 AM, Wpgtransit11-25 said:

We have not I’ll ask my buddy if it’s gonna he out soon 

Spotted 401 headed eastbound on Grant this morning. I only saw it from the side and rear, but I noticed it, too, has an orange sign (at least at the rear).

• 2 weeks later...