Electric Community Shuttles

So I don't know everything there is to know about buses, especially non mainstream manufacturers such as those that make community shuttles and the like. However, I was wondering if there are any electric community shuttle - sized buses (so around 15-25 passengers seated, current or future) that people know of. With the recent push towards battery buses in fleets, I'm sort of curious why the community shuttles haven't followed suit.

4 hours ago, MAX BRT said:

There are electric community shuttle buses available from several companies.

Here are three that have been around a while:

http://www.motivps.com/motivps/portfolio-items/shuttle-bus/

http://www.phoenixmotorcars.com/products/

https://lightningsystems.com/electric-commercial-vehicles/

Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

I believe (and maybe MAX BRT or others can correct me if wrong) that BYD is the only one of the major N.A. bus manufacturers that make a 30' electric coach that they consider can be used for shuttle purposes.  The seating capacity is in the range of what you are referring to as it's maximum seating I believe is 22.  However, this would probably be considered a "heavy duty" coach as it's not a cut-away.  It looks to have a slightly different design than their Catalyst models so probably not quite a robust.

The shortest battery/electric models from Gillig, New Flyer, and Proterra are 35-footers, I think, with Novabus only making a 40-footer?  ...again, please correct me if wrong as I'd be interested.  

30′ Electric Transit Bus -- Perfect for Shuttling. Perfect for the Environment.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, roamer said:

I believe (and maybe MAX BRT or others can correct me if wrong) that BYD is the only one of the major N.A. bus manufacturers that make a 30' electric coach that they consider can be used for shuttle purposes.  The seating capacity is in the range of what you are referring to as it's maximum seating I believe is 22.  However, this would probably be considered a "heavy duty" coach as it's not a cut-away.  It looks to have a slightly different design than their Catalyst models so probably not quite a robust.

The shortest battery/electric models from Gillig, New Flyer, and Proterra are 35-footers, I think, with Novabus only making a 40-footer?  ...again, please correct me if wrong as I'd be interested.  

30′ Electric Transit Bus -- Perfect for Shuttling. Perfect for the Environment.

Gillig offers a 29’ electric Low Floor. I recall reading in one of their presentations that Grande West has an electric Vicinity in the works. GreenPower Bus also offers a 30-foot electric low floor and a smaller electric van shuttle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
On 2/13/2020 at 10:41 PM, 2044 said:

Gillig offers a 29’ electric Low Floor. I recall reading in one of their presentations that Grande West has an electric Vicinity in the works. GreenPower Bus also offers a 30-foot electric low floor and a smaller electric van shuttle.

Gillig had sold a couple of electric 29 footers to some place in NorCal . This was before the 40 foot demo and the one sold to Santa Monica