Sign in to follow this  
Nick B

Calgary Transit 1996/1999 'Series 50' D40LF Farewell Charter - March 15th, 2020

Calling all Series 50 fans!

We're in the process of organizing a charter for our retiring 1996/1999 (7600 series) D40LF fleet in Calgary, which are some of the last remaining Detroit Diesel Series 50-equipped active transit buses in Canada. This will be the official information and update thread for this charter.

Our route for the 6 hour fantrip is being finalized and we are just waiting on confirmation from Calgary Transit for the booking. Please indicate your interest in attending this charter by simply posting in this thread, or reacting to this post. Below are some important details:

COST: $30 to $40 per person (tentative), depending on level of interest indicated. e-Transfer will be accepted.

DATE: Sunday, March 15th, 2020

LENGTH: 6 hours

START/END LOCATION: Whitehorn LRT station (Blue Line), bus loop on west side of station

START TIME: Please arrive at Whitehorn LRT station at 9:45 AM for a 10:00 AM departure.

END TIME: 4:00-4:15 PM

The bus will most likely be of the 1996 fleet (7601-7644), otherwise it will be of the virtually identical 1999 fleet (7651-7694). 

The charter will have numerous photo stops around central, west, and south Calgary with a focus on historic routes and sightings.

A 1 hour lunch stop will be included at Anderson LRT station, which is a 7 minute walk across a ramped pedestrian overpass from nearby Southcentre Mall.

Parking will be available for free at Whitehorn LRT Park N' Ride. Whitehorn station is also accessible via the Blue Line LRT for those taking transit.

Anyone is free to leave at any time and any photo stop, for those who cannot stay for the whole charter. Accommodation may be granted for those who will not be able to make it to Whitehorn station for our 10:00 AM departure that day and wish to board the charter further down the line. Please PM me if this will be the case for you.

All information is tentative. Any and all updates to information will be posted in this thread..

We hope to see you all there! 😎

10095469463_8d4d024844_o.jpg

• Like 6

Seeing as I'm not on the Facebook, I may as well be the first to spam this thread hehehe. 

Will probably try to make it somehow, even if it ends up being the usual 6-hour return day trip!

• Like 3

The charter booking has been CONFIRMED with Calgary Transit for Sunday, March 15th, 2020, 10:00 AM-4:00 PM. 

Our bus will most likely be either 7603, 7609, or 7611.

Ticket cost will be $40/person. Both cash and eTransfer will be fine. PM me for the latter.

If you haven't indicated interest yet and would like to attend, please let me or @yvarushin know by 9:00 PM on March 14th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1