Detroit Diesel 6V92TA

Tourcoach Fleet Roster Additions

I've never had time to work on the Tourcoach page on the wiki, but back in 2016-2018 I compiled my own document list. I haven't done much on it since last year, but it's likely the most complete list you'll find for a while. Many buses have retired now and are gone. Feel free to put the VINs, fleet numbers, license plates and most of the notes on the wiki page. There are some names of people mentioned. Please note them as "private owners" on the wiki. I'll eventually go onto the wiki page and touch up on things that may need some work later. 

Tourcoach Roster.xlsx

What I suggest is making 3 sections. A section for the coach fleet on the top, the transit bus fleet in the middle and the Starline Tours fleet on the bottom. We should also mention the alternative names, such as Screamline Investment & Movieland Tours.

A guy I know from LA Metro made his own Starline Tours roster between 2013-2017 and I helped him with some of the VIN additions. Feel free to add info from it too, (I've attached it). @haydenschool @newflyerxn40

Starline New Flyer Convertions 7-30-17.pdf

• Like 3

On January 19, 2020 at 10:44 AM, Detroit Diesel 6V92TA said:

I've never had time to work on the Tourcoach page on the wiki, but back in 2016-2018 I compiled my own document list. I haven't done much on it since last year, but it's likely the most complete list you'll find for a while. Many buses have retired now and are gone. Feel free to put the VINs, fleet numbers, license plates and most of the notes on the wiki page. There are some names of people mentioned. Please note them as "private owners" on the wiki. I'll eventually go onto the wiki page and touch up on things that may need some work later. 

Tourcoach Roster.xlsx 31.42 kB · 1 download

What I suggest is making 3 sections. A section for the coach fleet on the top, the transit bus fleet in the middle and the Starline Tours fleet on the bottom. We should also mention the alternative names, such as Screamline Investment & Movieland Tours.

A guy I know from LA Metro made his own Starline Tours roster between 2013-2017 and I helped him with some of the VIN additions. Feel free to add info from it too, (I've attached it). @haydenschool @newflyerxn40

Starline New Flyer Convertions 7-30-17.pdf 37.32 kB · 2 downloads

Awesome, thank you! I'm going to add the information to the roster. 

• Like 1

Sweet! Will do the same. Thanks for the info

On 1/19/2020 at 10:44 AM, Detroit Diesel 6V92TA said:

Tourcoach Roster.xlsx 31.42 kB · 3 downloads

Starline New Flyer Convertions 7-30-17.pdf 37.32 kB · 2 downloads

8 hours ago, newflyerxn40 said:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, newflyerxn40 said:

13 hours ago, haydenschool said:

Sweet! Will do the same. Thanks for the info

I strongly suggest making the list based on each individual unit, instead of "T101, T104, T106-T108" etc. I also suggest adding the VIN & plate for each unit. Have the retired units & active units on a single pallet. It keeps the order of the fleet numbers neat and not scattered.

Here is an example of what I think would be best:

==Transit Fleet==
{| border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" class=sortable
!Fleet number
!Thumbnail
!Year
!Manufacturer
!Model
!Engine
!Transmission
![[VIN]]
!License Plate
!Status/Disposal
!Notes
|- align="center" bgcolor=dddddd
|T1
|
|[[New Flyer Industries|NFI]]
|[[New Flyer Industries C40LF|C40LF]]
|[[John Deere]] [[John Deere 6041|6041H]]
|[[Allison]] [[Allison Bus Series|B400R]]
|(insert vin)
|(insert plate)
|<font color=red>Retired</font> in 2019.<hr>Sold to Zacher's Auto Salvage in Harbor City, CA.
|align="left"|Ex-[[OmniTrans]] 0025; purchased from auction on 0/00/2015.
|- align="center"
|T-60
|
|[[Neoplan USA]]
|[[Neoplan USA AN440|AN440A/3]]
|[[Detroit Diesel]] [[Detroit Diesel Series 92|6V92TA]]
|[[Allison]] [[Allison V Series|V731]]
|(insert vin)
|(insert plate)
|<font color=green>Active</font>
|align="left"|Ex-[[LACMTA]] [[Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority 1100-1189|11xx]].

This page is another good example; (exactly what I'm looking for except it doesn't have the status/disposal). I just haven't finished working on it yet: https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Edison_Transportation_Vancouver_2010_Olympic_bus_fleet

I'll jump on to the page sometime and help arrange stuff.

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2020 at 9:39 AM, Detroit Diesel 6V92TA said:

I strongly suggest making the list based on each individual unit, instead of "T101, T104, T106-T108" etc. I also suggest adding the VIN & plate for each unit. Have the retired units & active units on a single pallet. It keeps the order of the fleet numbers neat and not scattered.

Here is an example of what I think would be best:

==Transit Fleet==
{| border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" class=sortable
!Fleet number
!Thumbnail
!Year
!Manufacturer
!Model
!Engine
!Transmission
![[VIN]]
!License Plate
!Status/Disposal
!Notes
|- align="center" bgcolor=dddddd
|T1
|
|[[New Flyer Industries|NFI]]
|[[New Flyer Industries C40LF|C40LF]]
|[[John Deere]] [[John Deere 6041|6041H]]
|[[Allison]] [[Allison Bus Series|B400R]]
|(insert vin)
|(insert plate)
|<font color=red>Retired</font> in 2019.<hr>Sold to Zacher's Auto Salvage in Harbor City, CA.
|align="left"|Ex-[[OmniTrans]] 0025; purchased from auction on 0/00/2015.
|- align="center"
|T-60
|
|[[Neoplan USA]]
|[[Neoplan USA AN440|AN440A/3]]
|[[Detroit Diesel]] [[Detroit Diesel Series 92|6V92TA]]
|[[Allison]] [[Allison V Series|V731]]
|(insert vin)
|(insert plate)
|<font color=green>Active</font>
|align="left"|Ex-[[LACMTA]] [[Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority 1100-1189|11xx]].

This page is another good example; (exactly what I'm looking for except it doesn't have the status/disposal). I just haven't finished working on it yet: https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Edison_Transportation_Vancouver_2010_Olympic_bus_fleet

I'll jump on to the page sometime and help arrange stuff.

I'll redo the page as soon as I can when I'm done with finals (which is tommrow). Thanks again for your help

• Like 1

Seems like Starline has two BYD buses.

A red K9S (maybe that 2017 demo?) that was acquired in 2019 and a white C8MS numbered EB-1 that appears to have been acquired recently.

23 hours ago, 2044 said:

Seems like Starline has two BYD buses.

A red K9S (maybe that 2017 demo?) that was acquired in 2019 and a white C8MS numbered EB-1 that appears to have been acquired recently.

EB-1 is the only BYD they currently have. The rest of the BYD buses went back to BYD. A driver from Starline Tours told me that the two other demos they had, one was a 2017 model and the other was a 2019 model. 

• Thanks 1