VancouverTrolleybus

Why is the 41 not operating with trolleybuses?

10 hours ago, martin607 said:

Hmm complete closures? I wonder how they will deal with trolley deadheading on east side routes. Marine Drive, Main, 41st?

They'd have to add switches at 41st and Main. Plus any arctics coming off the 8/20 would have to do the 65th/Sophia loop to get on to Marine.

19 minutes ago, GORDOOM said:

Given that Vancouver TC is on Marine, it wouldn’t even be a particularly round-about way of getting in and out of service.

The only drawback I can see is that NIS trolleybuses would be held up  by in service buses on the 10 and the 3. The existing route up Oak and 41st is probably quicker as the 17 is not very frequent.

19 minutes ago, 9924 said:

They'd have to add switches at 41st and Main. Plus any arctics coming off the 8/20 would have to do the 65th/Sophia loop to get on to Marine.

Good point.

42 minutes ago, 9924 said:

There's a switch going from SB Main St to WB Marine Dr. The 3 can't use it but NIS trolleys could.

9 minutes ago, 8010 said:

There's a switch going from SB Main St to WB Marine Dr. The 3 can't use it but NIS trolleys could.

NIS 40 foot trolleys could, artics would have to go via 65th and Sophia.  When the Canada Line first opened the 3 Marine Dr Stn trips did turn directly from Main onto Marine, but it was eventually found that the geomatry of the turn was damaging the arctic joints, so all 3's were routed via 65 and Sophia. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 8010 said:

I was referring to there being no switches at 41st and Main.  And as pointed out by myself and others, the arctics aren’t to make the turn from Main onto Marine. 

I’ve seen a couple of NIS trolleys try to make a right turn from Main onto 41st - didn’t work to well 🤣

41 will be trolleys later this month and the diesels will be going to the 9.

On 4/30/2020 at 4:30 PM, 9924 said:

41 will be trolleys later this month and the diesels will be going to the 9.

And looking at the paddles it looks like the 41 is going to be 30 minutes frequency all day.

5 hours ago, Phillip said:

And looking at the paddles it looks like the 41 is going to be 30 minutes frequency all day.

Doesn't surprise me, with the decline in ridership, 41 no longer serving UBC and the R4.  Can't imagine too many people getting on at Wallace and getting off at Bruce.

1 hour ago, 9924 said:

Doesn't surprise me, with the decline in ridership, 41 no longer serving UBC and the R4.  Can't imagine too many people getting on at Wallace and getting off at Bruce.

41 no longer serves UBC since the R4 Inauguration

3 hours ago, dover5949 said:

41 no longer serves UBC since the R4 Inauguration

Isn’t that pretty much what I said?  41 no longer serves UBC 🧐

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Phillip said:

It's 15. 

8 hours ago, Express691 said:

It's 15. 

He's referring to the service reductions starting on May 18th.

• Thanks 3

Posted this a few hours ago in E Sightings.

"The first trolleybus on the 41 this new sheet is 2201, departing  41st and Oak to Joyce Station at 04.11"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1