Enviro_1203

YUL Bus Charters - New Flyer D40i "Invero" Charter

YUL Bus Charters - New Flyer D40i "Invero" Charter  

29 members have voted

1. 1. When is preferred time for charter? (Select all that apply)

• Early June
    • Late June
    • Early July
    • Late July
    • Early August
  2. 2. Which bus?

3. 3. After charter dinner buffet

• Bûffet des Continents
    • Mandarin

Good afternoon all,

As many of you are aware, the Invero is a rare breed, that is slowly dying off. Not many transit systems had interest in the Invero, however, it quickly became the backbone of the OC Transpo fleet. After taking the final delivery of them in 2007, having a count of 326 units, that amount has quickly dropped in 2019 to below 200 units left, with an uncertain future which depends on a number of unknown factors.

I know there are many here who have mixed opinions about this bus model, but, as this breed of bus slowly dies off, I think it is fitting to go back in time to when they were brand new for some Invero flashbacks before it is too late and they ride off into the sunset! 

I am looking at gathering some information from those interested in attending to help better plan and organize the charter. At this time, 2 units are being considered; 4202 because it is currently the oldest unit active at OC, and 4526 because it is the last Invero ever built. Should, by the time of the charter, one of theses units not be available, the other will be chosen. Should both be unavailable, another unit which is in good shape will be selected. The charter will be on a Sunday some point between June and August, and the length of the charter will be determined later on, however, we are looking at a minimum of 4 hours. The cost will be determined at a later date but will be depending on number of participants and length of the charter. 

As always, YUL Bus Charters reserves the right to restrict or refuse admission to this charter activity. 

Thanks!

• Like 7

June is probably not the best time, since bigger events out of the country usually happen (BHA for example).

On 1/8/2020 at 10:55 AM, MTL66 said:

June is probably not the best time, since bigger events out of the country usually happen (BHA for example).

Agreed, will not be available 11-13 June due to BHA in the Midwest.

Anyway the consensus to date is that the charter should take place some time in August with bus 4202.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SMS said:

Agreed, will not be available 11-13 June due to BHA in the Midwest.

Anyway the consensus to date is that the charter should take place some time in August with bus 4202.

I would like to remind everyone, that although 4202 is the oldest bus in the fleet, 4526 has recently avoided the shredder, and its historical impact is important, as it was the last ever Invero built. I think maybe we will do a final poll upon people booking their attendance for the charter with a cut off a month before.

• Like 2

I definitely think any additional polling on the bus of choice should be voted on by those who paid for their spot, that way people get what they pay for, so to speak.

Will there be pulling on routing/stops to take photos as well ?

9 minutes ago, Loud-Invero said:

I definitely think any additional polling on the bus of choice should be voted on by those who paid for their spot, that way people get what they pay for, so to speak.

Will there be pulling on routing/stops to take photos as well ?

Routing and photo stops will be predetermined, however suggestions are welcome. Routing and photostops will however be under the following restrictions:

-within the Greenbelt

-Historic routes used by Inveros that pre-date the Sept 2011 service change going as far back as 2003

• Like 1

Here are some suggestion which I'm sure some would like.
Route 3 *pre 2009 routing*: (Cancelled September 2011)
Route 114: (Cancelled June 2004)
Route 125: (Cancelled September 2011)
Route 158: (Cancelled September 2011)
Route 175: (Cancelled September 2004)
Route 185(Cancelled September 2004)
Route 197: (Cancelled September 2011)

Any old express/peak routes in the 50's or 800 series pre September 2009.

I would be interested in participating.

I have never attended such an event. What is typically the cost involved per person to attend?

Thank you.

4 hours ago, sseguin said:

I would be interested in participating.

I have never attended such an event. What is typically the cost involved per person to attend?

Thank you.

Cost is variable depending on total cost and number of attendees. Aim is to have it under 40$ per person for any charter anywhere but exact amount is up in the air until about the week before.

Question?

Assuming this charter goes thru?

1) Where would the puck up point be

2)Ex $$ (for charter)a)who would we pay b) pay option c)how would we receive ticket for charter?

1 hour ago, MCIBUS said:

Question?

Assuming this charter goes thru?

1) Where would the puck up point be

2)Ex $$ (for charter)a)who would we pay b) pay option c)how would we receive ticket for charter?

Answers:

1) Start and end point will likely be St Laurent Station

2) @SMS can answer this one

• Like 1

Those details will not be unveiled at this moment.