2020 (-2023) Articulated 60' Bus Procurement

Express691

6 hours ago, FL04DIFN said:

Confirmed 21001-21055 is the numbering for the new XDE60s

Curious as to why the photos of the buses in delivery say 25 then 

Edit: COVID, Global workforce shortage, I think numbers seem all over the place. I wrote the first page in 2019 and even I don't know what's changed

On 10/25/2021 at 10:09 PM, Express691 said:

Curious as to why the photos of the buses in delivery say 25 then 

Edit: COVID, Global workforce shortage, I think numbers seem all over the place. I wrote the first page in 2019 and even I don't know what's changed

Everything is weird this year. They gave us a concrete number of 53 new shuttles in several publications and we ended up getting 59. Wouldn't be surprised if we also get more artics.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey are these here yet? I remember not too long ago that someone tweeted a pic of one of the new blue-top artics hanging out at a Bellingham gas station. I've been kind of connecting the dots re the upcoming January bus service changes (reductions) and quotes from CEO Kevin Quinn. If these are now arriving then it sounds like some routes will be switching from regular buses to artic buses in January 2022...

28 minutes ago, 8800GTX said:

Hey are these here yet? I remember not too long ago that someone tweeted a pic of one of the new blue-top artics hanging out at a Bellingham gas station. I've been kind of connecting the dots re the upcoming January bus service changes (reductions) and quotes from CEO Kevin Quinn. If these are now arriving then it sounds like some routes will be switching from regular buses to artic buses in January 2022...

Yikes, looks like Translink is pulling a King County Metro move here...

3 hours ago, 8800GTX said:

Here's the tweet in question:

Also in the Vancouver transit discord someone posted of seeing a TransLink XDE60 from the new order in Montana.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rapid said:

21001 and 21004 at Hamilton Transit Centre now. (Posted yesterday in Transit Service Discussion.)

Is Hamilton usually the place where new buses are received? As far as I know I think some of these will be transferred to Vancouver for service on the 84.

1 hour ago, Rapid said:

21001 and 21004 at Hamilton Transit Centre now. (Posted yesterday in Transit Service Discussion.)

i think they will be issued SA or SC block license plates, there were few issued with new shuttles and reissued

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, anyfong said:

Is Hamilton usually the place where new buses are received? As far as I know I think some of these will be transferred to Vancouver for service on the 84.

As mentioned on the wiki, "HTC is also in charge of [...] commissioning new vehicles."

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 2:53 AM, UprisingCanadian said:

I hope STC gets a bite (like maybe 5) artics. Seems like the R1 is running half 40 footers over the past few months, dunno why.

Plus with the R6 coming in a couple years, wouldnt be a bad idea.

Maybe if it’s really urgently needed but getting RB branded buses would be better. I fear that VTC is getting too many buses but we soon will see. If that’s the case then sure, we could use some more for routes like the 319, 321, 502/503 and maybe the R1. 

On another note, if VTC doesn’t need all the artics it gets, HTC could use some as well. The 410/100/106/119 could all use some more capacity. 

• 3 weeks later...

At least one 210xx artic claimed to be seen heading to HTC for commissioning or something else. There is no picture so far, so not sure if the report is true or not.

UPDATE: 21007 and 21011 

17 hours ago, bob32189 said:

I couldn't get a picture, but I saw 21007 and either 21001 or 21011 driving along Boundary earlier today near BTC. Not sure if they were going to HTC or not

On 1/20/2022 at 1:29 PM, Rapid said:

At least one 210xx artic claimed to be seen heading to HTC for commissioning or something else. There is no picture so far, so not sure if the report is true or not.

UPDATE: 21007 and 21011 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Rapid said:

There are unverified reports that 21012-21014 are at HTC - this was not a first-hand claim so I do not know if it is true or not. 

Comissioning. Getting TMAC, and compass/farebox equipment installed, along with plates and insurance.

• Thanks 1