School Buses - Flat noses vs conventional

MattFor10

I was told that years ago, some school boards in Ontario were strongly recommending that the companies who were transporting heir students buy flat noses buses, but that they now stopped promoting this and let companies buy whatever they want.  I was wondering if there was a reason why they did this in the first place, and then why they stopped.  The impact can be seen as there are less flat noses on the road now.

On 12/10/2019 at 12:25 PM, MattFor10 said:

I was told that years ago, some school boards in Ontario were strongly recommending that the companies who were transporting heir students buy flat noses buses, but that they now stopped promoting this and let companies buy whatever they want.  I was wondering if there was a reason why they did this in the first place, and then why they stopped.  The impact can be seen as there are less flat noses on the road now.

They were quite popular in Canada for some time. I know not many are left in Ontario. Pretty sure Stock may have some left and I know the Ernest C. Drury School for the Deaf operate some American style ones. With the popularity of the CE series, Blue Bird Vision and the C2 buses being the dominate, they were always the first choice. In the states, they are very popular. Pretty sure mechanics had a lot of fun maintaining them as the engines were burried in the front.

On 12/10/2019 at 12:25 PM, MattFor10 said:

In a nutshell, this:

20BE613A-1F55-4677-891B-72D3910DCC96.thumb.jpeg.216625812f9f3f23fa7d30eb95932b1a.jpeg