Victoria Park/Stampede CTrain Station Overhaul

LRT

That’s not a picture of the finished product from this weekend - maybe that was from Sunday or early Monday. There’s gate arms and fences. And keep in mind, this is only a very temporary stage of the project. 

There's some decent photos of the finished work from this weekend in this thread from CMLC:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, armorand said:

Quick question: after zooming in & taking a quick look... why the sheer & utter lack of safety gates & barriers? Considering recent accidents... I kind of thought they'd have some basic safety gates & rails in place? Still shaves off alot of time for pedestrians, but come stampede (or other events), how will people be kept off the tracks, or be warned of incoming trains to also avoid further accidents and fatalities? I zoomed in as much as I could, and I don't see almost any safety infrastructure in place that we see elsewhere (Sunnyside & SAIT for example). 

I believe that picture was still from the weekend with much of the work still to be complete, given the amount of work crews out there and given Macleod Trail is down to one lane.

There are gated level crossings at the both the north (for the outbound track only) and south (to cross both tracks).  There are ample audible and visual warnings at both crossings. The goal with the level crossings were to make them as barrier free and accessible as possible. Pulling into Stampede outbound is 70kmh so it feels like pulling into Banff Trail outbound and pulling in inbound is 30kmh. Its no safer/unsafer then Banff Trail or even Chinook.

8 hours ago, Gsgeek540 said:

I believe that picture was still from the weekend with much of the work still to be complete, given the amount of work crews out there and given Macleod Trail is down to one lane.

There are gated level crossings at the both the north (for the outbound track only) and south (to cross both tracks).  There are ample audible and visual warnings at both crossings. The goal with the level crossings were to make them as barrier free and accessible as possible. Pulling into Stampede outbound is 70kmh so it feels like pulling into Banff Trail outbound and pulling in inbound is 30kmh. Its no safer/unsafer then Banff Trail or even Chinook.

And right now, there's a slow order for 30km/h, so you're not doing 70km/h anywhere through there.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...