Frozen Yogurt

STM 40-XXX Delivery Watch, Sightings and Discussions

3 hours ago, Blue Hybrid Bus said:

40-062 is the first bus of the 40-XXX series to not have the full rooftop configuration.

More 40-XXX parked at CT Saint-Laurent as @M106 mentioned: 40-085, 086, 087, 089

So far I've seen up to 40-102 being sent to Lasalle. I wonder how many more new buses they will get?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, IamLegend said:

So far I've seen up to 40-102 being sent to Lasalle. I wonder how many more new buses they will get?

It will be interesting to see how they are going to manage all this.  I have seen as far as 40-121.  I know Legendre is supoose to receive 55 of them as soon as the new part the CT is open.

There are new changes to the bus interior of the new batch of 40-XXX:

1. There is now a second iBus screen located between the lower and elevated part of the bus, on the driver side. Not a fan of it personally as I feel that it adds clutter to the back, although it adds more clarity and visibility of the next stop notably for those that sit/stand at the back of the bus.
  2. The reserved seat now has a more stylish design, with grey and blue colors and pictures showing who the seat is reserved for.

Picture credit goes to @Novabusfan_2004 .

40-098 second sign.jpeg40-098 new reserved seat design.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

See https://cptdb.ca/topic/2346-sightings-at-the-nova-bus-factory/?do=findComment&comment=900610 for some 40 series spotted at St-Eustache.

For the fleet assignment, according to this, LE is supposed to receive 56 units (which corresponds to what M106 posted), while AN and SL will get 52 both. Coupled with the leased building on Stinson which is supposed to house 50 units, that leaves 375 - 56 - 52 - 52 - 50 = 165 units to be assigned elsewhere. Given how 40-117 has already appeared at LS, my personal guess is those 199 units will end up at Lasalle.

Edited by Frozen Yogurt
corrections
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 9:17 PM, Frozen Yogurt said:

See https://cptdb.ca/topic/2346-sightings-at-the-nova-bus-factory/?do=findComment&comment=900610 for some 40 series spotted at St-Eustache.

For the fleet assignment, according to this, LE is supposed to receive 56 units (which corresponds to what M106 posted), while AN and SL will get 52 both. Coupled with the leased building on Stinson which is supposed to house 50 units, that leaves 409 - 56 - 52 - 52 - 50 = 199 units to be assigned elsewhere. Given how 40-117 has already appeared at LS, my personal guess is those 199 units will end up at Lasalle.

St-Denis will not be getting any for sure, because of the battery on the roof, there is not enough clearance for more of the doors in the garage.

I suspect Anjou and St-Laurent might be getting more than the 52 planned, at least until the renos are done at Legendre. I see LaSalle getting more units. I would not be surprised the STM rents another location to store the remainder of the buses. Nova Bus will not keep them for longer than needed.

On 8/10/2020 at 9:17 PM, Frozen Yogurt said:

For the fleet assignment, according to this, LE is supposed to receive 56 units (which corresponds to what M106 posted), while AN and SL will get 52 both. Coupled with the leased building on Stinson which is supposed to house 50 units, that leaves 409 - 56 - 52 - 52 - 50 = 199 units to be assigned elsewhere. Given how 40-117 has already appeared at LS, my personal guess is those 199 units will end up at Lasalle.

Is there a possibility for FR or MR to receive some of the new buses?

i know stm had no money to get the full rooftop... but why did they remove it?? it looks like aids infront without it because of that huge mcc ac

and with all the 40-xxx coming in means the demise of all the 22-xxx. Get it in here while it last

On 8/12/2020 at 11:30 AM, IamLegend said:

It is possible that these 2 CT will receive some 40-xxx.   I heard that Stinson will not receive any of them because of the 40-9xx 😥 (hope the source is wrong about that one).  By the way, the count down for this livery has officialy start now because a notice says that these 30 new buses (New Flyers) are supposed to come between mid-august until the end of january 2021.  40-901 will be active with costumers with the beginning of the new schedule if everything is right.  

On 8/12/2020 at 7:57 PM, yikeslol said:

i know stm had no money to get the full rooftop... but why did they remove it?? it looks like aids infront without it because of that huge mcc ac

and with all the 40-xxx coming in means the demise of all the 22-xxx. Get it in here while it last

The full roof fairing is completely cosmetic, many agencies did not order it because it’s simply not needed or the previous orders were government funded while this one is not. As nice as it may be looks wise, if it costs them extra they won’t do it 

I took 40-085 on the 90-E this afternoon. It already has a black tag on the curb side next to the chevrons. 😕

Also, it has only one roof vent/emergency exit (in the back). The vent is manual like on the 29-114 and below. Has it been like this for all the 40-series? I'll definitely pay more attention next time I ride one.

On 8/12/2020 at 3:49 AM, MTL66 said:

St-Denis will not be getting any for sure, because of the battery on the roof, there is not enough clearance for more of the doors in the garage.

I suspect Anjou and St-Laurent might be getting more than the 52 planned, at least until the renos are done at Legendre. I see LaSalle getting more units. I would not be surprised the STM rents another location to store the remainder of the buses. Nova Bus will not keep them for longer than needed.

Another fact is that most Legendre 40ft bus routes are rush hours trippers routes so maybe STM is not yet inclined to send them a big batch of hybrids buses that would see limited action.

On 8/12/2020 at 11:30 AM, IamLegend said:

On 8/16/2020 at 12:02 AM, M106 said:

It is possible that these 2 CT will receive some 40-xxx.   I heard that Stinson will not receive any of them because of the 40-9xx 😥 (hope the source is wrong about that one).  By the way, the count down for this livery has officialy start now because a notice says that these 30 new buses (New Flyers) are supposed to come between mid-august until the end of january 2021.  40-901 will be active with costumers with the beginning of the new schedule if everything is right.  

Yeah, it might be possible for both garages to receive new buses, but I guess it really depends if there's still storage capacity available at both garages. I'm rather surprised Stinson will not get any of them, since they have the 50 places at the leased building and have some residual maintenance capacity. Maybe SN can instead receive older buses from other garages getting the new hybrid buses?

And on the number of the buses, I just went back to their fleet plan and it seems like the 409 buses we're getting this year includes the 30 Flyers and 4 LFSe's (since they're also 12 m and part of the plan)... so it seems like 375 is the number of hybrid buses we'll get.

stm_prog_immo_2020.png

On 8/17/2020 at 8:04 AM, Flxible 870 said:

If the STM wants to save money, they could stop ordering buses with the optional back window.   

IMO the rear window is useful, especially given the low visibility of the side windows thanks to the wrap covering the windows.

A better way to save money would be just getting regular framed windows instead of frameless windows, but the STM values aesthetics over comfort...

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 3:04 PM, Gerbil said:

I took 40-085 on the 90-E this afternoon. It already has a black tag on the curb side next to the chevrons. 😕

Also, it has only one roof vent/emergency exit (in the back). The vent is manual like on the 29-114 and below. Has it been like this for all the 40-series? I'll definitely pay more attention next time I ride one.

I took 40-015 today and can confirm that the roof hatch is the same as 40-085 (and there's only one).

40-092 to 40-095, 40-108, 40-111 and 40-113 have arrived at St. Laurent. 40-111 is yet to be plated.