STM 40-XXX Delivery Watch, Sightings and Discussions

Frozen Yogurt

Are these at Nova Bus, or already in Laval?   Nice to see that they finally have tinted windows.   I see that their decals at the back now cover almost the two back windows instead of only one?  Not a fan of these decals.  I like a clean line of windows, like the Longueuil ones.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Montreal_Bus_Fan said:

Hi, new member here, if the second batch, STM decided to remove many stuff to reduce cost, what about the rear number display? Will it still be on the side? Rear window?

Welcome aboard! Glad to have a new member arrive!

At the moment I don't know where exactly the rear number display will be positioned. When the new batch of hybrids of arrive, we'll see what changes have been made.

35 minutes ago, Blue Hybrid Bus said:

At the moment I don't know where exactly the rear number display will be positioned. When the new batch of hybrids of arrive, we'll see what changes have been made.

@anyfong posted some photos on Facebook of 40-XXX parked at the Novabus factory, the highest being 40-130. The number display is in the same place as 40-001-061. They appear identical to the earlier ones aside from the roof (and maybe the HVAC, hard to tell since we can't really see it on 40-001-061).

• Like 3

On 6/1/2020 at 6:38 PM, Gerbil said:

@anyfong posted some photos on Facebook of 40-XXX parked at the Novabus factory, the highest being 40-130. The number display is in the same place as 40-001-061. They appear identical to the earlier ones aside from the roof (and maybe the HVAC, hard to tell since we can't really see it on 40-001-061).

On 6/1/2020 at 5:58 PM, Blue Hybrid Bus said:

Here you go. From 24 May.

IMG_1182.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IamLegend said:

What's that random vertical white strip beside the driver's window? 

Hi, I’m not so sure but I guess it’s just some random tape from the factory...?

Does someone know the reason behind putting the route display in the corner but still keeping the rear (useless?) window?

On 6/5/2020 at 11:53 PM, Montreal_Bus_Fan said:

Hi, I’m not so sure but I guess it’s just some random tape from the factory...?

Does someone know the reason behind putting the route display in the corner but still keeping the rear (useless?) window?

It’s a spec choice by the agency, STMs entire fleet of Nova has the rear window, the destination sign on the top right is a new feature introduced in I believe 2016 to make it easier for passengers to see the route when buses are bumper to bumper. The windows still have the black “cutouts” for the dest sign which I can only assume is done for ease of parts, STM made good use putting their website in that space 

Edited by ZümmyZüm
Discovered agencies with Destination spec back to 2016 ( NFTA )
  • Like 1

I saw 40-173 on the boulevard St-Martin with no make up.  No full rooftop and the AC box is maybe different (because of the no full rooftop???!!!).  40-173... I mean, 40-062 have not hit the road yet they are already at 40-173.  I wonder witch CT will have the jackpot?

2 hours ago, M106 said:

I saw 40-173 on the boulevard St-Martin with no make up.  No full rooftop and the AC box is maybe different (because of the no full rooftop???!!!).  40-173... I mean, 40-062 have not hit the road yet they are already at 40-173.  I wonder witch CT will have the jackpot?

Well I've heard that there will be 300+ buses? But how on earth they’re gonna deliver then all on time with the current situation? 

• 1 month later...

40-901 tracked on the 30:

image.thumb.png.3e18ec6951a18ffbb51356d06b709c82.png

image.thumb.png.6d24a5c0d0694a9480f26a3838a78e51.png

BUT, I highly doubt it was in service for two reasons:

1) 26-010 and 29-062 tracked on the 10:21 and 11:50 departures of the 30-S from Henri-Bourassa respectively. 

2) It was tracking at a location with coordinates 45.52168, -73.6655, which is where CT Stinson is. 

This was almost certainly just a test. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 6:13 PM, Blue Hybrid Bus said:

40-XXX sightings at CT Saint-Laurent between 7/27 and 7/31 (I excluded the 40- prefix to avoid redundancy):

065 (earliest bus with no full rooftop), 090, 098, 101, 102, 103, 104, 107, 115, 117

40-104, 40-106, 40-110 and 40-114 have also arrived at St. Laurent. All the ones you mentioned except 101 and 117 were outside too.