Frozen Yogurt

STM 40-XXX Delivery Watch, Sightings and Discussions

This thread is for any discussions, sightings, delivery/service debut watches, photos, etc. for all 40 series, hybrid and electric.

To start, refer to this post for pictures of 40-901 taken at Legendre Open House, Sat Nov. 23, 2019.

I will complement the above post with a couple more pictures, if there are any interest.

IMG_5759.jpgIMG_5760.jpgIMG_5762.jpgIMG_5764.jpg

• Like 1

Of all the photos I've seen of the 40-XXX Novas I couldn't see the rear doors very well.

Did they switched back to push bars?

I spotted a 40-000 series bus on the 55 Saint Laurent route heading north at Saint Laurent/Rene Lesvesque, I don’t remember if it was 40-001 or a different bus 

17 minutes ago, Transitfan39 said:

I spotted a 40-000 series bus on the 55 Saint Laurent route heading north at Saint Laurent/Rene Lesvesque, I don’t remember if it was 40-001 or a different bus 

Likely 40-005, as someone on Facebook mentioned seeing it on the 55.

It probably doesn't have a tracker yet. Almost definitely not running out of Lasalle like 40-001, since they don't do any extras on the 55.

10 minutes ago, Gerbil said:

Likely 40-005, as someone on Facebook mentioned seeing it on the 55.

It probably doesn't have a tracker yet. Almost definitely not running out of Lasalle like 40-001, since they don't do any extras on the 55.

I was gonna say either 40-005 or 40-001, I only saw a passing glance of it as my bus was moving 

I just got on 40-001 on the 113-O. Neither the farebox nor the new card reader were functionning. Furthermore, the doors are more like the ones from older buses : the rear door has the traditionnal bars instead of a button.

12 hours ago, ReusableNoseTissue said:

I caught 40-030 on the 105 this evening. The new card reader looked like it was on but maybe not programmed yet. Another thing that I noticed about these new buses is that they tend to rev up on idle.

Could be because ATUQ no longer options a dedicated fast idle switch

RTL lost theirs part way through the 2018 order

• Like 1

Caught 40-005 on the 35 midday. A couple of observations...

1- The windows are tinted, in the style of 37-002. But I don't know if it's the same shade or not.

2- The rear doors are Vapor (pneumatic?) push-bar type, like the one on the diesel buses, but with a thinner separation between the upper and lower glass panes. The bar is all yellow (I think it's all yellow on the 36-90X as well), and instructions on how to open the door are taped on the door between the bars. I personally think it's less intuitive than buttons, but if it's more reliable, tant mieux.

3- The new card reader was powered, and was displaying a blue screen. A green indicator light is also on. 

4- The emergency exit instructions are not taped on the windows, but it's a metal sheet screwed on the wall. I guess it's more durable this way.

5- The destination sign looks indeed different... also might not interest anybody but plate is AE41801.

10 hours ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

Caught 40-005 on the 35 midday. A couple of observations...

1- The windows are tinted, in the style of 37-002. But I don't know if it's the same shade or not.

2- The rear doors are Vapor (pneumatic?) push-bar type, like the one on the diesel buses, but with a thinner separation between the upper and lower glass panes. The bar is all yellow (I think it's all yellow on the 36-90X as well), and instructions on how to open the door are taped on the door between the bars. I personally think it's less intuitive than buttons, but if it's more reliable, tant mieux.

3- The new card reader was powered, and was displaying a blue screen. A green indicator light is also on. 

4- The emergency exit instructions are not taped on the windows, but it's a metal sheet screwed on the wall. I guess it's more durable this way.

5- The destination sign looks indeed different... also might not interest anybody but plate is AE41801.

Here's a picture of that bus I took earlier today on the 35.

20191220_204831.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1