Search for moderator - National Capital Region

SMS

After discussion with other admins, we have agreed to take on a local moderator to help the team out - specifically in the National Capital Region section. We are searching for someone who will take his/her role seriously and for the long term. Although it is a diminished capacity compared to the full admin role, it is nevertheless important for the smooth running of the section. This is an unprecedented move for us, as during my tenure as administrator, we have never posted an open call for such a position.

Criteria:

• minimum 5 years seniority on the board
  • reputation for posting qualitative contributions
  • resident of the immediate Ottawa-Gatineau Metropolitan Area
  • recommended, but not required, to be a transit employee
  • ability to manage stress, be diplomatic, and be an example to follow for other posters
  • strictly enforce board rules. 

You will be paid at the same rate as all other admins, which is nothing. Instead, you will have the satisfaction in knowing that your efforts will directly contribute to a better section, and in turn, a better CPTDB.

Thanks for your interest,

SMS on behalf of the Admin team

On 11/28/2019 at 3:18 PM, SMS said:

Congrats to @Enviro_1203 and @Flalex72, our new section moderators! Yes, you are seeing correct. There will not be one, there will be two moderators here.

@A. Wong will promote your board status shortly.

Now out of curiousity, What privileges do moderators get? I'm guessing they have the authority to ban/warn?

• Board Admin
3 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

Now out of curiousity, What privileges do moderators get? I'm guessing they have the authority to ban/warn?

They can issue warnings and edit / delete content, among other things like making polls, forum announcements, etc.

• Thanks 1

• SMS locked this topic
  • Flalex72 unpinned this topic