SMS

Misc. OC Transpo & STO Questions & Discussion

With this STO 2001-2043 order coming soon. The STO will have a bus #2020 in 2020.

This must be the first time the STO will have a bus with a fleet number matching the year of it's manufacture. 

1 hour ago, Loud-Invero said:

Why did OC Transpo remove their bike racks from nearly 2/3 of the Inveros? Here an image with 4314 with one back in July 2006 and (4201 or 4202?) back in 2004 https://www.flickr.com/photos/janboic/14821695564/in/album-72157624829201290/

DSC00400

What makes you assume this is 4201 or 4202? As it was in 2004, spring-summer it appears, there in an Invero behind it that looks to already in service. 4201 and 4202 are 2003 units.

47 minutes ago, Enviro_1203 said:

What makes you assume this is 4201 or 4202?

Well my first thought was that no other batch of inveros came with no fleet numbers when they arrived and that they had 1 test unit, 4201, which is a 2003 unit as you said. Flickr only came into existence in 2004 so the photo could be Spring/summer 2003.

Fear not, I found another photo where it shows 4201 with a bike rack. Now, let’s see who may have an answer.

IMGP3616 IMGP3615

47 minutes ago, Loud-Invero said:

Well my first thought was that no other batch of inveros came with no fleet numbers when they arrived and that they had 1 test unit, 4201, which is a 2003 unit as you said. Flickr only came into existence in 2004 so the photo could be Spring/summer 2003.

Fear not, I found another photo where it shows 4201 with a bike rack. Now, let’s see who may have an answer.

IMGP3616 IMGP3615

Not trying to argue with you but I can tell you this, I looked even closer in the photo on Flickr, theres 3 Inveros in the photo. Look thru the windows of the main unit in the photo.

More to that, it appears as if the first batch of Inveros (looking at photos of other units pictured when brand new) did not come with any New Flyer decal and most if not all Inveros came with that silver license plate piece.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Enviro_1203 said:theres 3 Inveros in the photo. Look thru the windows of the main unit in the photo.

You’re right, I can see that now. it’s hard to view on mobile, but looking on my PC I can see what you’re talking about. I’ll try to double check photos from now on so I’m not second guessing.

So back to the question, does anyone have an idea as to why they removed bike racks from anything under 4417 when It’s clearly shown that even the first model had the capability of having a bike rack? Was there a rack shortage? Weaker frame with “wear and tear”?

Hi all, does anyone have a complete route list or code for OC Transpo? I'm doing a document and hoping someone could help!

Thanks in advance:

-SDGBusFan

So I was on 8139 on the 64 Innovation and the transmission died after serving Pine so we were going a whopping 20km/h in an 80 zone. Caught it on video - seems every time I decide to record  a DD ride something goes wrong 🙄

42 minutes ago, SDGBusFan said:

Hi all, does anyone have a complete route list or code for OC Transpo? I'm doing a document and hoping someone could help!

Thanks in advance:

-SDGBusFan

At the bottom. https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Ottawa-Carleton_Regional_Transit_Commission_route_1

if you’re referring to the luminaries codes for the destination signs, that info belongs to the city and regular people aren’t allowed to have that info

5 minutes ago, Loud-Invero said:

So I was on 8139 on the 64 Innovation and the transmission died after serving Pine so we were going a whopping 20km/h in an 80 zone. Caught it on video - seems every time I decide to record  a DD ride something goes wrong 🙄

At the bottom. https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Ottawa-Carleton_Regional_Transit_Commission_route_1

if you’re referring to the luminaries codes for the destination signs, that info belongs to the city and regular people aren’t allowed to have that info

That's what I was looking for, thanks! 

Transmission problems again?!?!  I was on 8139 twice between July and September.  In July it was struggling but I made it downtown.  In September, it wouldn't shift to 4th gear and we couldn't go faster than 50 km/h on the 174 and then died at Montreal Road.

3 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

Transmission problems again?!?!  I was on 8139 twice between July and September.  In July it was struggling but I made it downtown.  In September, it wouldn't shift to 4th gear and we couldn't go faster than 50 km/h on the 174 and then died at Montreal Road.

Interesting... and it’s only a 2015 model. Maybe OC should seek a replacement transmission from 8155 or New Flyer (as they bought Alexander Dennis).

37 minutes ago, Loud-Invero said:

Interesting... and it’s only a 2015 model. Maybe OC should seek a replacement transmission from 8155 or New Flyer (as they bought Alexander Dennis).

Unlikely to still be under warranty at over 4 years old.

25 minutes ago, Centralsmt said:

Unlikely to still be under warranty at over 4 years old.

I figured. Would you think OC rather buy A new transmission or repair the existing one (again), considering it apparently has already had multiple failures?

Hurdman Pre LRT vs Hurdman LRT

I was looking at the present Hurdman Station and  seem to notice a lot of the features from the old Hurdman station are missing and other features of the present LRT Station

1) No heated bus shelters compared to the previous Transitway Bus Shelters.

2) The heated area for the LRT is a joke, very small area(can hold less then 30 people cram in under the heaters which are to high to provide any real heat.

3)Bus shelters should of been built where the present new walk way which just opened to allow over crowding by bus bays.

4)Noticed bus lay up area is now over crowded buses are parking on side of road way as before they didn't. As to why this is I'm not sure?

But the most thing missing is the heated bus shelters.

True the station has a few things going for it , washrooms,a coffee shop(supposedly to be built), better lighting, more security cameras & call boxes and OC personal, better info on bus stops.

But the thing I miss most is Heated Bus Shelters. Now grant you the previous Station the heating wasn't the greatest but at least it made the shelter somewhat warmer.

I can't comment on other stations as I mainly use/used Hurdman.

Anythoughts?

17 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

1) No heated bus shelters compared to the previous Transitway Bus Shelters.

The shelter closest to the station is heated, not that it's really any use earlier than 9PM.

Installed only at the night stop, brilliant! 😒 I don’t expect them to install anymore. It took them 10 years to install doors and heating at Baseline after they had scrapped the original station with the Quickie store and what not...

15 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

Installed only at the night stop, brilliant! 😒 I don’t expect them to install anymore. It took them 10 years to install doors and heating at Baseline after they had scrapped the original station with the Quickie store and what not...

Baseline Station in its current form was meant to be temporary, before the city decided the tunnel won't be used until the LRT is built.

• Thanks 1

I can't seem to recall, but do all LFS have bluelight films to reduce glare? I don't recall them being on both side but a photo of 4651 I took tells me otherwise

1.jpg

Also, I spotted 6498's ramp starting to corrode about 2 weeks ago. Is it easily patched up?

2.thumb.jpg.ef57434ceb06d6b91b93d874031e2be3.jpg

I can't seem to recall, but do all LFS have bluelight films to reduce glare? I don't recall them being on both side but a photo of 4651 I took tells me otherwise

1.jpg

Yes, all OC Novas have blue lights in the front section.

3 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

Question? Where is the drivers storage compartment? Doesn't seem there much spacee behind the drivers seat?

Theres a “glove box” type compartment on the dash behind the printer/farebox.

Most operators, myself included, use the Husky brand lunch bag. It does NOT fit in the sense, the lid cannot close, however, due to the positioning of the locking pin for the box, two hands are needed as well as a somewhat long reach so I find it to be very secure. It is also in the view of one of the security cameras too so I dont worry about anyone trying to grab it and run.

Should of been more clear. Putting your coat away. On the D60's they have that nice compartment toput your coat. I would of left that seat behind the driver and had the drivers compartment their, big enough for cosats and other storage for the driver.

1 hour ago, MCIBUS said:

Should of been more clear. Putting your coat away. On the D60's they have that nice compartment toput your coat. I would of left that seat behind the driver and had the drivers compartment their, big enough for cosats and other storage for the driver.

There is a coat hook behind, and a tie down strap to secure the jacket so it doesnt fly out of the window.