CPTDB Wiki was recently upgraded! Please report any issues here.

SMS

Misc. OC Transpo & STO Questions & Discussion

I've noticed operators have been pushing to see valid fare alot recently. Has there been a recent push for the operators to enforce verification of valid fare.

According to signage at Bayview, rear door boarding will be allowed on all buses in fare-paid zones.

The poster showed an LFS at Hurdman.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OCCheetos said:

According to signage at Bayview, rear door boarding will be allowed on all buses in fare-paid zones.

Rear boarding on the Inveros and Novas is going to be really awkward. Wish they had opted for the wider doors on the Novas.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, romanr27 said:

Rear boarding on the Inveros and Novas is going to be really awkward. Wish they had opted for the wider doors on the Novas.

Seconded that, especially with Inveros and their horrible sliding rear door.

On 8/27/2019 at 5:09 PM, Loud-Invero said:

I've noticed operators have been pushing to see valid fare alot recently. Has there been a recent push for the operators to enforce verification of valid fare.

I think drivers are just starting to get annoyed with the amount of passengers refusing to pay and expecting free rides, the number of people not paying has defiantly gone too high 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dev161 said:

I think drivers are just starting to get annoyed with the amount of passengers refusing to pay and expecting free rides, the number of people not paying has defiantly gone too high 

I think it has to more do with passengers getting fed up with paying over $100 for passes and those paying via e-card/pay are getting fed up with buses that don't show up or are constantly late.Saying "why should we pay for service like this?"

Not saying its the drivers fault,they can only do so much and if traffic causes them either to be late or unable to do their next route, there not much they can do about it.

That's what I think is causing the increase of "fare infractions".

18 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

Spotted a bus time display with Times New Roman font at Bayshore Station today.

IMG_20190828_154716.jpg

That is Bayshore 3A. Speaking of Bayshore Station, the bus time display at stop 4B has been flickering for literally months... sometimes to the point of it being really hard to read the next trips...

• Like 1

Route 153 NSAS still list Carlingwood as "Carlingwood • Loblaws"

On 8/28/2019 at 10:49 AM, OCCheetos said:

POP stickers are being put on back doors of Invero's and Nova's.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, OCtranspo10 said:

POP stickers are being put on back doors of Invero's and Nova's.

Basicly in the same place as the former No Entry stickers 

20190830_165604.thumb.jpg.1201170ffc68a3482ef4ad80aabcc3ba.jpg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CanadaGoose said:

N57, N75, N61 signs all over Albert and Scott streets.

Who is ready for LRT?

Damn, good name change, got me!

N39 all along Tremblay

11 minutes ago, Enviro_1203 said:

Invero with POP

3BB982B2-0040-4F50-9A3A-00578E48564A.jpeg

I guess the Orion VII aren't getting the POP Stickers due to being on the verge to retirement.

14 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

I guess the Orion VII aren't getting the POP Stickers to due to being on the verge to retirement.

5071 has pop sticker

• Thanks 2

I'm guessing because the stickers are probably cheap and like I said before I don't see the Hybrids retiring until sometime in OCT after the 3 week bus service is over and the LRT is on its own with no extra bus service downtown.

On 8/31/2019 at 12:01 AM, Enviro_1203 said:

N39 all along Tremblay

N39 noted on Oglivie on previous thread too. Also posted a photo of night map.

There's some kind of meeting of some sort at Tunney's right now where I am. There are lots of "info" red vest people and lots of ordinary plain clothed people inside the station with a stage, speakers and what not.

1 minute ago, Loud-Invero said:

There's some kind of meeting of some sort at Tunney's right now where I am. There are lots of "info" red vest people and lots of ordinary plain clothed people inside the station with a stage, speakers and what not.

I believe those people are the O-Train Ambassadors. I applied for that job but I never got an answer back.

5 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

It looks like a private event. I did see it. Everyone had their own tickets that they showed to the O-Train Ambassadors and they were let in.

TVs were on showing Transitway history and LRT.

They didn't invite me though. :(