Misc. OC Transpo & STO Questions & Discussion

SMS

Not sure if this phone number is still active, but this is an archived screenshot from the 2016 contact page for OC Transpo. you'll notice you can no longer file transit law reports online anymore nor are their customer relation numbers / forms.

Screenshot_20190215-224512_Chrome.jpg

Also passing thought: It makes me happy the 152 (58) and 82 (172) will be extended to "downtown" once again during peak periods. I'm surprised they didn't do the same thing for route 84 (178)... But the last time the 152 (58) went pass Lincoln fields during peak periods was from August 29th, 1999 - June 27th, 2004. For those wondering, to my current research it seems the 172 stopped serving downtown in September 2009

Apparently 56 OC Transpo buses were retrofitted with diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) mufflers between 2004-2006. These included the 1993 Classics as well as some 89s. I would assume that they did this on 1989 Classics rather than the D40s.

The results showed that the DOC reduced exhaust emissions of particulate matter (PM) by 20%, carbon monoxide (CO) by 40%, and hydrocarbons (HC) by 50%.

The program was not continued after 2006. 

Here's the link if anybody is interested.

http://app06.ottawa.ca/calendar/ottawa/citycouncil/tc/2009/09-01/02-ACS2009-ICS-TRA-0009.htm

1 hour ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Apparently 56 OC Transpo buses were retrofitted with diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) mufflers between 2004-2006. These included the 1993 Classics as well as some 89s. I would assume that they did this on 1989 Classics rather than the D40s.

The results showed that the DOC reduced exhaust emissions of particulate matter (PM) by 20%, carbon monoxide (CO) by 40%, and hydrocarbons (HC) by 50%.

The program was not continued after 2006. 

Here's the link if anybody is interested.

http://app06.ottawa.ca/calendar/ottawa/citycouncil/tc/2009/09-01/02-ACS2009-ICS-TRA-0009.htm

So does that explain why MCI's had the "Enviro" sticker on them?

TTC/Marta cardboard Paper/Carboard paper Bus Trade?

I've recently obtained 9 TTC cardboard Classic bus cut outs(ones issued by the TTC) & 3 Marta GM New Look(issued by Marta) cardboard paper cut outs.

I know  there are several OC Transpo   paper bus cut outs in the Paper Buses thread made by several members here on the forum. I'm not that good at computers and how to size and print these cut outs. I'm willing to do a trade one for one for the OC ones.

These are the ones I would need:

GM Artic

Orion Ikarus

Orion I (30foot & 35 foot)

New Flyer D40

New Flyer Invero

New Flyer D60lf

New Flyer D60lfr

If some one could print them out and make them(assembled put together) . I would like the size to be like the present DD Buses,Orion VII buses available. If someone could do this for me I would be grateful.

thanks.

Tom

27 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Does anyone know if the 'Historic Fleet' buses (5931, 4024, the GM artic, etc...) are stored indoors?

Not sure of recently, but a year ago all the buses were stored indoors at pine garage with 4024 being stored outside in the back of pine garage. I've been told some buses have moved since.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Not sure of recently, but a year ago all the buses were stored indoors at pine garage with 4024 being stored outside in the back of pine garage. I've been told some buses have moved since.

All the bus are parked indoors at pine on lane 23 or 24 ( can't remember the number ),  4024 is also parked indoors , but they move it around a lot to different lanes in the garage 

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2019 at 11:10 AM, OCTranspoMaster said:

So does that explain why MCI's had the "Enviro" sticker on them?

Not quite. The Classics started receiving Enviro stickers in mid 2007 because they had switched to using 5% biodiesel fuel.

The other high floors didn't seem to have the stickers put on from my understanding. If I recall correctly, all of OC Transpo's buses were switched to biodiesel by 2008.

56 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Just heard on the news that Route 269 will be retired and renumbered as Route 257, effective with the LRT service change, whenever that will be.

Makes sense since the 256 signs bridlewood anyways like the 269, hence I would assume it would use the same area code (5XX).

Also, here's the link:

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/mobile/video?clipId=1616645

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charlie said:

Just heard on the news that Route 269 will be retired and renumbered as Route 257, effective with the LRT service change, whenever that will be.

2 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Makes sense since the 256 signs bridlewood anyways like the 269, hence I would assume it would use the same area code (5XX).

Main problem with that is the 260s are meant for Kanata and Stittsville. The 252 and 256 both pass through Bells Corners first, so the number separation indicates the bus's route into Kanata being a little different. I wonder why Transpo decided 257 and not 260.

1 minute ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

Main problem with that is the 260s are meant for Kanata and Stittsville. The 252 and 256 both pass through Bells Corners first, so the number separation indicates the bus's route into Kanata being a little different. I wonder why Transpo decided 257 and not 260.

266 could have been an option as well. But the bottom line is they are renumbering the route as a sign of respect, so the route number doesn't bring back bad memories to the victims, similar to route 76 renumbered to 72 back in 2013 with the VIA train collision. 

9 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

266 could have been an option as well. But the bottom line is they are renumbering the route as a sign of respect, so the route number doesn't bring back bad memories to the victims, similar to route 76 renumbered to 72 back in 2013 with the VIA train collision. 

Route 266 will be a new Connexion route in Kanata North. 

Some of the other changes listed on that slide can be found here.

http://www.octranspo.com/images/files/ready4rail/full_map.pdf

30 minutes ago, Centralsmt said:

Why didn’t they renumber the 85 after an elderly lady was run over and killed by one a couple of years ago?  ?

severity of the accident. Both the 269, and 76 made national headlines. While it is unfortunate the death happened, if we renumber a bus for each death the happens we'd run out of numbers quickly (especially if OC transpo wants to keep the regional numbering system). It make sense to only retire route numbers for the most severe cases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, corynv said:

severity of the accident. Both the 269, and 76 made national headlines. While it is unfortunate the death happened, if we renumber a bus for each death the happens we'd run out of numbers quickly (especially if OC transpo wants to keep the regional numbering system). It make sense to only retire route numbers for the most severe cases.

I think you missed my point.........

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Orion V said:

Question about the annual Tulip Festival.

Are the OC Transpo Park & Ride lots all full very early on the 2 weekends of the Tulip Festival every year or are these a good place to park the car and get a day pass to ride around?

Well depends on which park and ride spot you're talking about. There are lots of them 

10 hours ago, Orion V said:

Question about the annual Tulip Festival.

Are the OC Transpo Park & Ride lots all full very early on the 2 weekends of the Tulip Festival every year or are these a good place to park the car and get a day pass to ride around?

6 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Well depends on which park and ride spot you're talking about. There are lots of them 

Yeah, you’re good! May take a long of time though to travel there!