SMS

Misc. OC Transpo & STO Questions & Discussion

3 hours ago, wowzhao said:

Has anyone noticed that the destination line for the 18 Parliament on the next-stop display inside the bus seems to have been converted to sentence case now? (i.e. 18 Parliament/Parlement instead of 18 PARLIAMENT) I usually don't take the 18 going the other way so I don't know if this has been changed for the St-Laurent direction as well.

Looks like they've done this entirely now for the 18 (regardless of the bus) but not for any other routes. Anyone know if they're testing the lowercase on the route or if this was a coding bug?

It's just the 18 Parliament. You'll also notice the character limit cuts it off to read "18 Parliament/Parlemen".

Which set of Inveros will retire due to the Line 1 opening (reducing bus requirements) plus the LFS order? Will they be retired from oldest set or random units?

29 minutes ago, Cityflyer said:

Which set of Inveros will retire due to the Line 1 opening (reducing bus requirements) plus the LFS order? Will they be retired from oldest set or random units?

None for Line 1; all 175 hybrids will comprise the bus fleet reduction according to a tender that was put out for their disposal.

As far as the 82 Novas and subsequent Invero retirements, I'd guess that anything that's not rebuilt is fair game, so they could be any units.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HB_1024 said:

None for Line 1; all 175 hybrids will comprise the bus fleet reduction according to a tender that was put out for their disposal.

As far as the 82 Novas and subsequent Invero retirements, I'd guess that anything that's not rebuilt is fair game, so they could be any units.

The Inveros that will be removed from service are ones requiring the most repairs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cityflyer said:

Basically take pictures of any invero you see. Though probability wise it would be mainly units under 43XX since those models are 2004/5 (2003 for 4202) and their age is definitely showing especially with inveros from what I've seen above 4250 but under 4325.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 5:28 PM, wowzhao said:

Has anyone noticed that the destination line for the 18 Parliament on the next-stop display inside the bus seems to have been converted to sentence case now? (i.e. 18 Parliament/Parlement instead of 18 PARLIAMENT) I usually don't take the 18 going the other way so I don't know if this has been changed for the St-Laurent direction as well.

On 2/3/2019 at 8:34 PM, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

It's just the 18 Parliament. You'll also notice the character limit cuts it off to read "18 Parliament/Parlemen".

It appers to be the same with the 11.

received_765030500542207.thumb.jpeg.77d908b6eba05d22340291c770689673.jpeg

On 2/1/2019 at 8:09 PM, OCCheetos said:

For anyone interested, Google Maps has just recently updated their satellite imagery to images taken in 2018. You can now see the full Confederation Line with all stations built as well as a few trains (such as 1122 at Tunney's and a couple near Belfast Yard).

In the side menu on Google Maps you have to make sure "Globe" is turned off in order to see the new imagery.

The satellite images would have been taken June 2nd, 2018 as it is clearly doors open Ottawa. I can tell by looking at the full parking lots at either Walkley Yard or the Belfast Road location.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Charlie said:

The satellite images would have been taken June 2nd, 2018 as it is clearly doors open Ottawa. I can tell by looking at the full parking lots at either Walkley Yard or the Belfast Road location.

Wrong. That was not during doors open, employees can fill up parking lots....

5 hours ago, Charlie said:

1 hour ago, Enviro_1203 said:

It was certainly around that time because 5931 and 8101 were parked in the lot along with a Para Transpo bus:

image.thumb.png.2030bf5d4b95a7388ed60b4696aaeb88.png

image.thumb.png.86e1e5fce71257f8812e656df65302b9.png

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Enviro_1203 said:

Nope, it is during doors open Ottawa. I don’t think there are tents set up and fences set up with crowds of people walking around in groups during a normal work day.

8DD7A7A9-8095-4EAA-8DEC-8DBADF784C76.thumb.png.23ab5ac1dd386780481913e89cc7e77a.png38C1A6B6-4646-4189-8860-BDAFFB3A0274.thumb.png.818f552908c47d0b5ec2a465cb69441e.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tomsbuspage said:

It was certainly around that time because 5931 and 8101 were parked in the lot along with a Para Transpo bus:

image.thumb.png.2030bf5d4b95a7388ed60b4696aaeb88.png

image.thumb.png.86e1e5fce71257f8812e656df65302b9.png

2 hours ago, Charlie said:

Nope, it is during doors open Ottawa. I don’t think there are tents set up and fences set up with crowds of people walking around in groups during a normal work day.

8DD7A7A9-8095-4EAA-8DEC-8DBADF784C76.thumb.png.23ab5ac1dd386780481913e89cc7e77a.png38C1A6B6-4646-4189-8860-BDAFFB3A0274.thumb.png.818f552908c47d0b5ec2a465cb69441e.png

My bad, I didnt notice when I pulled up on my phone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:28 PM, wowzhao said:

Looks like they've done this entirely now for the 18 (regardless of the bus) but not for any other routes. Anyone know if they're testing the lowercase on the route or if this was a coding bug?

In MS Word that's called "Title Case".

Since we don't know which Inveros will be retiring. Should I create a New Flyer D40i Retirement/Tracking Thread soon?

44 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

Since we don't which Inveros will be retiring. Should I create a New Flyer D40i Retirement/Tracking Thread soon?

I think you meant "don't know". I think we should wait. They may just retire all the vehicles at once so there be no point in a tracking thread. If the retirement is progressive, then yes IMO.

I don't remember when this happened but I could have sworn I think it was in 2012 or 2013... (Maybe later) or maybe this didn't even happen at all... but I could have sworn for a week straight all routes saw a frequency increase. For example I remember during this week that the 172 would come every 15 minutes instead of every 30 minutes... If this did happen, why did it happen?

1) Has OC put back double decker buses on weekends after that accident a few weeks ago?

2) Anyone thinks OC's Line 1 will open before Waterloo's Ion LRT or vice versa? These two seem to be the major hot 2019 Ontario transit topics.

48 minutes ago, Cityflyer said:

1) Has OC put back double decker buses on weekends after that accident a few weeks ago?

2) Anyone thinks OC's Line 1 will open before Waterloo's Ion LRT or vice versa? These two seem to be the major hot 2019 Ontario transit topics.

Nothing has changed (to my knowledge), It was out of the ordinary accident so there was no reason to change anything. DD's don't usually run during the weekend in the winter anyway. Not sure about who will open LRT first, I just know we might be heading for a 3rd (maybe 4th?) delay.

• Like 1

Does anyone what month STO 7901 was built?

I hear rumours that it was built in March. If that is the case, then will turn 40 next month! :)

23 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Nothing has changed (to my knowledge), It was out of the ordinary accident so there was no reason to change anything. DD's don't usually run during the weekend in the winter anyway. Not sure about who will open LRT first, I just know we might be heading for a 3rd (maybe 4th?) delay.

What I meant was after that DD accident a few months ago, didn't they banned DDs from operating on the 6 on weekends?

I'm wondering when will DDs go back out on that route on weekends.

Just now, Cityflyer said:

What I meant was after that DD accident a few months ago, didn't they banned DDs from operating on the 6 on weekends?

No. They usually suspend DD service on the 6 during the Winter

24 minutes ago, Cityflyer said:

23 minutes ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

No. They usually suspend DD service on the 6 during the Winter

It was metioned earler by JCL that the 6 is DD/60 (DD Preferred) on the weekends for the winter booking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Has it always been like that? I don't recall ever seeing a DD on the 1/6 within the last 4 years during the winter.

Afaik, for the past 2 years it has 

2 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Has it always been like that? I don't recall ever seeing a DD on the 1/6 within the last 4 years during the winter.

Couldn’t have been looking very hard, the 6 is one of my local routes and there are plenty of Deckers on it at weekends until around 8pm.