SMS

Misc. OC Transpo & STO Questions & Discussion

Quick question for operators who work AM eastbound connexion routes (from Kanata, Barrhaven, etc. To Mack Bridge)

For those who drive the 270's have you been told to now pick up passengers at Baseline in the AM instead only dropping them  off at the good old "Off Only" sign?

And for those you operate the 250's, and 260's, have you been told to now to only allow passengers off at Pinecrest in the AM instead of the good old full service it had since Sept 6th, 2009?

I'm just wondering because obviously the last service change makes it appear that Baseline is now full service whereas Pinecrest is now off only am and no service pm according to system maps

10 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Quick question for operators who work AM eastbound connexion routes (from Kanata, Barrhaven, etc. To Mack Bridge)

For those who drive the 270's have you been told to now pick up passengers at Baseline in the AM instead only dropping them  off at the good old "Off Only" sign?

And for those you operate the 250's, and 260's, have you been told to now to only allow passengers off at Pinecrest in the AM instead of the good old full service it had since Sept 6th, 2009?

I'm just wondering because obviously the last service change makes it appear that Baseline is now full service whereas Pinecrest is now off only am and no service pm according to system maps

Customer point of view. 
My understanding has always been, (Which was confirmed by Octranspo when the new Connection routing was introduced )
People were allowed to board a Connection bus in the am only if the bus had people getting off. 
With 0 Drop off's/Pick up's west of Tunney's in the afternoon.
(this is to prevent Local Pax only going a few stops along the West Transitway west of Tunney's Pasture (except for route 283 )  when the Express fare's were discontinued) 
For routes coming from Orleans there's only 2 off on request stops in the morning and they are at Blair & St Laurent  (passengers can board only if the bus is letting people off.)
Theres NO Stops between Laurier Stn / Orleans in the PM

@Enviro_1203 or @Waiting for 30 Minutes can correct me if my understanding is off/mistaken 

25 minutes ago, Oc4526 said:

Customer point of view. 
My understanding has always been, (Which was confirmed by Octranspo when the new Connection routing was introduced )
People were allowed to board a Connection bus in the am only if the bus had people getting off. 
With 0 Drop off's/Pick up's west of Tunney's in the afternoon.
(this is to prevent Local Pax only going a few stops along the West Transitway west of Tunney's Pasture (except for route 283 )  when the Express fare's were discontinued) 
For routes coming from Orleans there's only 2 off on request stops in the morning and they are at Blair & St Laurent  (passengers can board only if the bus is letting people off.)
Theres NO Stops between Laurier Stn / Orleans in the PM

@Enviro_1203 or @Waiting for 30 Minutes can correct me if my understanding is off/mistaken 

Alright thank you. And it's the 282 that's full service westbound in the PM, 283 is only available at Lincoln Fields in the PM for people who work at the Services Canada Centre at Lincoln Fields Mall.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Alright thank you. And it's the 282 that's full service westbound in the PM, 283 is only available at Lincoln Fields in the PM for people who work at the Services Canada Centre at Lincoln Fields Mall.

Thanks for clairifying 

I was unaware the 282 was full service in the pm. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oc4526 said:

Thanks for clairifying 

I was unaware the 282 was full service in the pm. 

No worries, technically says on the route map to this day that it's full service in both directions, however sometime last year OC quietly removed 282 from bus stop Flags heading towards downtown in the a.m. between Queensway and Westboro station's but it still hasn't been shown to now be AM OFF ONLY, PM Full service on 282's route map. It use to be peak period route 67 which is why when it was converted to a connexion route in 2016, it was running full service in both directions.

I noticed that there was no Double Deckers out on the 94/95 today. Any one know if Octranspo changed their minds on weekend use on the 94/95 ¿

5 hours ago, Oc4526 said:

I noticed that there was no Double Deckers out on the 94/95 today. Any one know if Octranspo changed their minds on weekend use on the 94/95 ¿

just this booking I think 

6 hours ago, Oc4526 said:

My understanding is that DDs are only assigned to Route 6 on weekends this booking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1