Misc. OC Transpo & STO Questions & Discussion

SMS

19 hours ago, Enviro_1203 said:

Theres a “glove box” type compartment on the dash behind the printer/farebox.

Most operators, myself included, use the Husky brand lunch bag. It does NOT fit in the sense, the lid cannot close, however, due to the positioning of the locking pin for the box, two hands are needed as well as a somewhat long reach so I find it to be very secure. It is also in the view of one of the security cameras too so I dont worry about anyone trying to grab it and run.

I find it funny how many operators use the same Husky lunch bag. I worked in Hardware at Home Depot for a short while, and I sold a few of those bags to bus operators. Sometimes I think Logistik should get in on it and offer an OC branded one.

1 hour ago, Flalex72 said:

I find it funny how many operators use the same Husky lunch bag. I worked in Hardware at Home Depot for a short while, and I sold a few of those bags to bus operators. Sometimes I think Logistik should get in on it and offer an OC branded one.

I mean, it works! Its the perfect sized lunch bag for most of us.

22 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

RE: yield sign. I had a look in my photos @Micheland here's what I found; it's actually a 2017 unit and it kept changing from "####" to "MSG3" and "YIELD", seen at PDO on March 26th, 2019. 

Yes that's exactly what I saw on the Route 94 bus.  But only alternating between 94 and Yield Logo.

It appears the mayor is against a free month of transit. Fine but extend the transit freeze. If you raise fairs after March 31 and the O-Train is still having major issues :

1(your going to piss passengers off

2)you will loose tons of riders who won't come back even if the problems are fixed.

IMO OC should do a fare discount for monthly passholders, including UPass until this is resolved. It's not fair that we have to gamble on what days the scrap trains will break down, etc then have to spend X amount extra on top of the $120 pass to get to work or school because of the garbage trains and particularly buses not showing up on time, if at all, because of their 3-minute recovery they've set for drivers which can easily be eviscerated... 

Is there a way to complain about scheduling? It seems every day evening trips on the 85 Gatineau are always 4 - 10 mins late, everyday! Now on a weekday this isn't a problem because I don't work until 10 PM, but still annoying as hell. Now, on a Saturday where for me it doesn't arrive until 9:41, ugh yeah, that's a problem when if it's even 3 mins late because the trip itself to my work is at least a MINIMUM  15 minute trip assuming there isn't:

• Snow removal operations 

• car accidents

• Bad weather

• Traffic light sensor delays (because any roads intercepting Carling are delayed purposely on weekends)

This is getting ridiculous...

3 hours ago, Busing_the_34 said:

Today i saw an STO bus at place du centre who's destination sight read "OTTAWA VIA MACDONALD CARTIER" In all uppercase and with no number. Anyone know something about that?

Yeah, It’s one of the codes. Some drivers will put that up when they are on detour (there is a “Détour via Macdonald-Cartier” sign for that though)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/sto-tramway-lrt-gatineau-ottawa-1.5446921

The public transit system in the Outaouais has confirmed it will build a light rail line of its own in Gatineau, Que., casting aside the idea it could serve its expanding ridership with buses alone.

The Société de transport de l'Outaouais (STO) announced Thursday that it is now considering three possible transit scenarios between Aylmer in the west and downtown: an "all-tram" option and two that rely on a hybrid system of trams and buses.

Two other bus-only scenarios have been shelved after studies suggested they wouldn't be able to meet an anticipated boost in ridership, including over the Portage Bridge to Ottawa.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

Yep,  or you can get there via Connaught, aka Route 154 or 155. N61 if on the transitway at night/AM.

11 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

Pinecrest garage. I think it's on Queensview Drive.

12 hours ago, SDGBusFan said:

Where is Pine Garage?

Where the Hybrids are currently parked it is nearly impossible to get any photos.(unless your driving/riding a bus past Pinecrest Garage on the Queensway)

E5E22457-B821-427D-BE3F-A82083E149A7.thumb.png.38542b3d30a1d9b8a65e076d58bbbe3d.png

Hey y'all quick question. Does anyone know where I can print a document that is 15 cm in width and 58 cm long? I made a replica of an infobox sized map of Route 116 from 2001, but I'd like to make one without tape and multiple pieces of paper.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

20200211_114036.jpg

Rode 6393 and she looks brand spanking new! Only problem is that the front door air pressure is not strong enough to open the door so it has to be punched to be opened which is certainly leaving people puzzled when attempting to board and having the driver yell "hit the door"

EDIT: Bus was pulled out of service where we were made to transfer  to 6415 at Carlingwood

• 3 weeks later...

When does the night stop officially end? It's really confusing when they state that it starts after 9 pm but has no posted end time, so leaves me baffled having to choose between going to Stop C or D at Tunney's to catch the 80 Merivale/Slack to get to Colonnade..

3 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

When does the night stop officially end? It's really confusing when they state that it starts after 9 pm but has no posted end time, so leaves me baffled having to choose between going to Stop C or D at Tunney's to catch the 80 Merivale/Slack to get to Colonnade..

Always had the same question regarding "Safe stop" after 7pm till ??

Um.. it seems OC is short on vans too... Saw what looked like to be a "HERTZ" van that OC Is renting. They placed an "OC Transpo" sticker over the Hertz company logo on its doors.

Edited by Loud-Invero
Bad grammar - bumpy bus!

1 hour ago, Loud-Invero said:

Um.. it seems OC is short on vans too... Saw what looked like to be a "HERTZ" can that Oc Is renting. The places an "OC Transpo" sticker over the Hertz company logo on its doors

When one of the service trucks are out for repairs, a rental is used as there must be 3 service trucks out.

• Like 1