Misc. OC Transpo & STO Questions & Discussion

SMS

4 hours ago, Oc4526 said:

To my knolage The 2nd Gen Novas (0201 through 0910) were delivered with an active ramp and wheelchair spot but were deactivated/removed before entering service. Not sure why ? 

It was because the ramps were faulty in the second gen 2002-2009 LFSs. It wasn't until the third gens (0911 and up) where they moved the ramp to the front and improved the reliability.

I must say, the should really reorganize the routes at PDO. now that all the local routes extend to Blair, there's no reason they should be scattered everywhere (in the westbound direction). For example, the 35 goes to Blair but most people wait for the 39 Blair where the convenience store is, yet the first bus to Blair is the 35 so the bus is held up because people are so use to waiting at that stop for the downtown routes with the former 91/95, that they're running across the whole station just so they hope to catch that bus to get to Blair. They should make all Blair routes serve where the 39 currently serves so that way people who are clueless as to schedules don't have to run to make their bus.

13 minutes ago, Loud-Invero said:

I must say, the should really reorganize the routes at PDO. now that all the local routes extend to Blair, there's no reason they should be scattered everywhere (in the westbound direction). For example, the 35 goes to Blair but most people wait for the 39 Blair where the convenience store is, yet the first bus to Blair is the 35 so the bus is held up because people are so use to waiting at that stop for the downtown routes with the former 91/95, that they're running across the whole station just so they hope to catch that bus to get to Blair. They should make all Blair routes serve where the 39 currently serves so that way people who are clueless as to schedules don't have to run to make their bus.

I actually brought this up mid October. 2A has always been for service that runs westbound on the 174, 2B has always been for routes that leave the station westbound and turned south onto Place D’Orleans Drive, and 2C has always been for routes that travel westbound on Jeanne D’Arc Blvd from Champlain..

3 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

2 hours ago, Enviro_1203 said:

I actually brought this up mid October. 2A has always been for service that runs westbound on the 174, 2B has always been for routes that leave the station westbound and turned south onto Place D’Orleans Drive, and 2C has always been for routes that travel westbound on Jeanne D’Arc Blvd from Champlain..

I've complained about this via Twitter to OC Transpo, but no response.

Fact: Route 33 Blair and 37 Blair are suppose to service Stop 1C -  the off-only stop. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

So I know the Inveros no longer sport LED headlights, but what about front door lights on the outside? I saw what I believed was 4423 today at Lincoln on the 85 Gatineau and noticed it had LED lights on outside of the front door.

They all have LED porch lights outside (waist height lights when standing on the road beside the bus. The style of the lights has been changed over the last few years on many of the buses, possibly due to part availability. One odd ball is 4496 which has LEDs inside at the rear door.

1 hour ago, Enviro_1203 said:

They all have LED porch lights outside (waist height lights when standing on the road beside the bus. The style of the lights has been changed over the last few years on many of the buses, possibly due to part availability. One odd ball is 4496 which has LEDs inside at the rear door.

4438 also has LED lights at the rear doors.

• Like 1

While I was banned, someone had asked when the original Baseline was closed down. I don't remember where it was posted nor the person who asked it...

Anywho, here is the direct quote from a wayback machine archive.

Baseline Station Construction

On Thursday, October 1, Baseline Station will be moving to make way for construction of a new Algonquin College. Future plans call for construction of a new transit station - for bus and light rail - integrated with the college.

In the meantime, Baseline Station will be relocated to just west of the existing station.

The Park & Ride lot will be unchanged, but the Quickie convenience store cannot be accommodated at the new site.

The station can be accessed from the north and south ends, near Navaho and College Avenue, as well as along pedestrian paths from Constellation and Centrepointe. (see diagram below)

Further details about the construction phasing and the Southwest Transitway project are available at ottawa.ca.

Temporary Detours from October 1-15:

Bus routes 118, 155(a.m.), 174, 179, and 186 will be detoured while the bus access road into the station is completed.

Route 118 will be available nearby on Navaho at the corner of Woodroffe, as will morning trips on Route 155. In the afternoon, Route 155 will end at Baseline Station. Routes 174 and 186 will remain on Woodroffe Avenue and serve a temporary stop near Navaho. Transfer to Route 179 can be made on Iris Street - just eat of the Transitway - next to Iris Station.

On October 16, these routes will return to their regular routing and serve the new Baseline Station.

8 hours ago, Busing_the_34 said:

Yesterday I saw a "75X Special" twice. Anyone know what that was about?

I saw an 85X Special at Bayshore Station recently as well, but it still seemed to have Gatineau as the destination, at least on the GPS feed. Not sure why they exist, though. Might be used as an extra or when the final destination isn't known to the operator for that trip? I mean an 85 Gatineau ends at Terrasses, but an 85X might signify it might end before or at Terrasses?

Back in the day, they used the X routes to tell passengers the trip was a special branch of a route (i.e.: 97X South Keys vs 97 Airport, 97X Nepean N vs 97 Bayshore vs 97X Tunney's Pasture, etc.). Though, after the service changes in 2011 I recall the X signage to become rarer (i.e.: 97X South Keys was just the 97 South Keys).

I have seen on a couple occasions, though, buses signed up as simply X Special... that is a very mysterious route...

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:48 AM, Loud-Invero said:

While I was banned, someone had asked when the original Baseline was closed down. I don't remember where it was posted nor the person who asked it...

Anywho, here is the direct quote from a wayback machine archive.

That was being built while I was a student at Algonquin, which was between 2010 and 2015. I still remember the 118 (now route 88) having to basically loop around the old station to continue west on Baseline, sometimes at speeds... good times.

At the time, the roadway between Baseline Stn and Constellation Cres wasn't built, and Constellation Cres was a literal crescent, joining to Centrepointe Dr at both ends (the southern end of the old crescent is now Gemini Way, as Constellation now ends at Baseline Rd and connects Baseline Rd to the Transitway).

I also remember the 118 not getting many articulated buses, but mostly Orion VI and New Flyer D40i buses instead, as the city used what D60LFs they had on the 95 and 97. That changed when they received the D60LFRs and started retiring the Orion VI.