Misc. OC Transpo & STO Questions & Discussion

SMS

6 hours ago, Cityflyer said:

Does anyone know if the LRT Stage 2 South, East, West are done simultaneously or they are doing it one after the other?

Simultaneously. South is a completely different contract, and went to a different group than the East and West contract. But both the East and West have their own separate timelines, that are concurant (until the 1st side, east, is finished and opened earlier)

Edited by corynv
doubled what i said, so deleted the extra part

From what I understand STO's Gatineau garage is closed on weekends and all buses running are based out the Hull garage; leaving STO's newer and more fuel efficient vehicles parked on the weekends.  Should it not be the reverse to offset fuel costs....?  Please tell me the 2020 HEVs will be sent to Hull to replace the 02's. 

On 9/26/2019 at 3:47 PM, STO_1601 said:

Question regarding STO 7901:

Now that it's not in service anymore are what are they gonna do with it now that it's STO historical bus? 

I've been scouring this website trying to answer the same question. But it'll probably suffer the same fate that OC Transpo's historical fleet did. It'll be left in the yard rotting away, nothing ever being done with it. But who knows.

5 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

Is the STO gonna take over Mackenzie King station where the majority of the OC Transpo's routes used to go?

By next fall. They were originally supposed to take it over this fall however thanks to LRT delays and what not, the STO won't be ready until then.

What I find funny about the LRT is when it leaves a station it(feels like) speeds up and then suddenly slows down for a second or two then speeds up again. It feels as the driver "Chicken's out" as tries to go faster then 'Chicken's out' and slows down. LOL 

35 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

What I find funny about the LRT is when it leaves a station it(feels like) speeds up and then suddenly slows down for a second or two then speeds up again. It feels as the driver "Chicken's out" as tries to go faster then 'Chicken's out' and slows down. LOL 

They're computer controlled, so it's just the computer reacting to new speed limits or targets along the track.

1 hour ago, Oc4526 said:

Aparently another DD caught fire today.

Per this post from 613 wrecked 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/964451890380653/permalink/1344080335751138/

It was a damn coolant leak, the radiator is above the engine, coolant spills onto engine, it creates STEAM! If it caught fire, there would be black smoke billowing out of the bus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

I still don't understand how the 2007 models didn't have this coolant leak problem like the 2012's do...

A coolant leak is a normal break down of any bloody vehicle. I can tell you, it did happen to 1201, 1202 and 1203, however, it was never really noticed because there was only 3 of them and they were only used Monday-Friday. How often did you go out looking for runs 700-1 thru 700-4? Probably rarely because you were a kid when we had them. How often did they have an artic assigned? Quite a bit. Why? Because the DDs were dead for repairs. Why do the 8000s and 8100s break down more than the 1200s did? Because there is nearly 45x as many of them!

Every bus, hell every vehicle will have a mechanical failure. Included in mechanical failures is coolant leaks. The only reason this one was noticed is because some bloody moron thought the bus caught fire because he is biased against OC. Grow some bloody common sense!

• Like 1