Misc. OC Transpo & STO Questions & Discussion

SMS

Does anyone know any news regarding the  TVMs that were installed at a bunch of stations on the southeast Transitway? They have been just sitting there for a long time (since early last summer?) and I don’t get why they haven’t been booted up. I know one of the ones at Pleasant Park had the screen completely smashed and destroyed, but it may have been fixed by now. 

Now that the Confederation Line won't be running for another few months (at least!), does anyone know when a printed December 2018 OC Transpo system map will be available?  I spoke with OC customer service a few weeks ago, and they told me they weren't available yet but they would be printing them soon.  Thanks! ^_^

18 hours ago, Charlie said:

Does anyone know any news regarding the  TVMs that were installed at a bunch of stations on the southeast Transitway? They have been just sitting there for a long time (since early last summer?) and I don’t get why they haven’t been booted up. I know one of the ones at Pleasant Park had the screen completely smashed and destroyed, but it may have been fixed by now. 

maybe their intention was to keep it there until they start construction on Line 2? That's my guess

1 hour ago, tomsbuspage said:

Now that the Confederation Line won't be running for another few months (at least!), does anyone know when a printed December 2018 OC Transpo system map will be available?  I spoke with OC customer service a few weeks ago, and they told me they weren't available yet but they would be printing them soon.  Thanks! ^_^

I would assume they would probably release an official version by summer or fall.

8 minutes ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

I would assume they would probably release an official version by summer or fall.

I was specifically told that it would be the December 2018 map that is now up in the shelters.  Given that OC Transpo haven't issued a printed map since Dec. 2017, it would help passengers who don't have a smartphone (such as myself!) navigate the route network.

5 minutes ago, tomsbuspage said:

I was specifically told that it would be the December 2018 map that is now up in the shelters.  Given that OC Transpo haven't issued a printed map since Dec. 2017, it would help passengers who don't have a smartphone (such as myself!) navigate the route network.

I have s Jan 18 map at home (i got it at Billings Bridge)

46 minutes ago, Oc4526 said:

I have s Jan 18 map at home (i got it at Billings Bridge)

Ah yes, the January 2018 map was effective 24 December 2017.  In any case, that's the most recent map OC had available at the Rideau Centre or the customer service office on Belfast.

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2019 at 7:24 PM, Charlie said:

My guess is that the machines are tied to the opening of the Confederation Line. The machines do require additional staff to answer the video calls, which could have been scheduled to start with the Confederation Line.

• Like 1

Hey y'all, I'm sure you retro fans should be able to answer this. How come buses like the D40 and older models had a United Way logo on the bus whether it'd be on the front or the rear door Windows? Was their some kind of sponsorship at some point in time or did OC like to put random United Way stickers on their bus?

56 minutes ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

How y'all, I'm sure you retro fans should be able to answer this. How come buses like the D40 and older models had a United Way logo on the bus whether it'd be on the front or the rear door Windows? Was their some kind of sponsorship at some point in time or did OC like to put random United Way stickers on their bus?

I remember those stickers.  I thought they were on all of the old buses, but I checked my old photos and the Bob Hussey photos on https://public.fotki.com/esbdave/canadian-transit/ontario-transit-agencies/oc-transpo/ and it's clear that they weren't.  IIRC, they were there because OC Transpo supportas the United Way, much as local government and corporate offices support the United Way today.

1 hour ago, STO_1601 said:

Question:

Wasn't there supposed to be an order of an extra order 19 double-decker buses?

I thought the 2018 Budget was calling for 19 double-deckers but they never came or are they are due in the fall?

It was a proposal if I'm not mistaken. Though @JCL might be able to give you an update. 

1 hour ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

It was a proposal if I'm not mistaken. Though @JCL might be able to give you an update. 

The purpose of the 19 new double deckers are for the Stage 2 LRT Construction Detours, where additional buses are required to maintain service. Based on a communication I had last year, they are suppose to be here some time in the middle of next year (unless plans have changed as I have not followed-up since).

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, OCCheetos said:

Is the NSAS no longer displaying the current route on the hybrids intentional, or just a bug? The last few days I've noticed this happening more often than not.

I've noticed this on 5031. It was on the 14 Carlington route when I rode it and did not show any route. All it showed was the current stop and time.

1 hour ago, OCCheetos said:

Is the NSAS no longer displaying the current route on the hybrids intentional, or just a bug? The last few days I've noticed this happening more often than not.

It might a bug specific to a few hybrids. In the last few days, I've noticed it on two. Never bothered to take numbers down, though. End of a workday, brain fried, etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OCCheetos said:

2 hours ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

It might a bug specific to a few hybrids. In the last few days, I've noticed it on two. Never bothered to take numbers down, though. End of a workday, brain fried, etc.

I've noticed it on the Novas too. (4606 & 4608) along with numerous bus types that I was on throughout the day.

5 hours ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

Yup, had it on my bus this morning. System-wide programming bug or error.

I got this notification this morning via text message:

“Some signs inside the bus are not displaying route # and destination but the next stop shows correctly. We hope to have this fixed soon.”

15 hours ago, dudebrains said:

I got this notification this morning via text message:

“Some signs inside the bus are not displaying route # and destination but the next stop shows correctly. We hope to have this fixed soon.”

I haven’t seen a working sign in days.

On 4/6/2019 at 10:52 AM, Charlie said:

An updated service diagram for post-LRT service has been posted by OC Transpo.

http://www.octranspo.com/images/files/ready4rail/full_map.pdf

The Ready 4 Rail site hasn't been updated to include routes 15 and 257 yet.

http://www.octranspo.com/ready4rail/my_route

EDIT: Route 15 is now listed under route 12. B)