Misc. OC Transpo & STO Questions & Discussion

SMS

9 hours ago, Oc4526 said:

Since when did Octranspo have a Layup in the Taxi lot at the Airport?

1 hour ago, Enviro_1203 said:

Its been about a year...ever since Uber took up part of the bus bay

Current instructions are for buses with more than 10 minutes at the airport, so it's not used often.

32 minutes ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Question: I was waiting at bus stop number 8997 today, and I noticed that the 85 heading towards Bayshore stopped there to pick me up. It does this every day.

The bus stop says it's only for the 56 Tunney's Pasture. Any reason for this? The stop doesn't seem to be officially a part of the route.

There are trips on the 85 that start there, one in the morning, two in the afternoon.

19 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

Question:

Once all hybrids are retired and we'll have only about 240 40ft buses, would most but not all of them be transferred to Pinecrest since that garage is the smallest and only houses 40ft buses?

More chance of Pinecrest being closed as there will be excess capacity after the withdrawals.

5 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

Question:

Once all hybrids are retired and we'll have only about 240 40ft buses, would most but not all of them be transferred to Pinecrest since that garage is the smallest and only houses 40ft buses?

5 hours ago, Centralsmt said:

More chance of Pinecrest being closed as there will be excess capacity after the withdrawals.

There's a chance some 40-foot buses will be moved to Pinecrest to reduce the amount of overflow parking at Merivale and St-Laurent garages.

On 9/30/2018 at 6:35 PM, OCTranspoMaster said:

Hey guys, can someone tell me where that red 80's bus shelter is near the airport? Is there any more like that around elsewhere? Thanks in advance

There's one on Perth at McBean in Richmond, if you're interested.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

There's a chance some 40-foot buses will be moved to Pinecrest to reduce the amount of overflow parking at Merivale and St-Laurent garages.

What about Industrial? I thought there was also a bus garage on Industrial Avenue.

Sorry my mistake!: Industrial doesn't have 40ft buses right?

5 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

This might me a silly question:

Do all STO buses go downtown?

I'm asking because I haven't seen 1820 & 1827 yet in service. Those two 2 units wouldn't be forbidden to go downtown would they?

There are blocks and paddles that never go downtown.

For those who want to find old OC stuff in person, I've created a map so you can easily pinpoint old things. If you have anything you want me to add, just let me know. (You can include outdated signs, routes numbers/symbols' on bus flags, old OC buses lying around, leaf bus flags, etc.) 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tn26gM0W6CH4dHIBZnsE9TRywIlDU9oa

26 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

I don't mean to rude but I don't think anyone understood me!

I was asking if all STO buses can go downtown.

No particular unit is forbidden go downtown. I mean like 1820 & 1827 are not forbidden to go downtown right?

Yes all Sto buses are allowed To/From Ottawa.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

I haven't heard of this, could you show me?

His name was Matt Taronno, I didn't really know him that well but he used come to our social groups every once and while and I personally found him a little annoying.

This is him telling about that he was the victim of the angry bus driver and his YouTube channel is Monterey Jack.

I was announced on his facebook page that he has passsed away.

• Thanks 1

For CPTDB Wiki Editors':

For those who are updating routes on the wiki, here are the colours you're supposed to use for routes.  ALSO  does anyone know how to make custom infobox on the top right of a route? The early morning template is incorrect and I want to change it to the correct colours.

CURRENT CLASSICIATIONS COLOURS

Local Routes = Color=#6d6e70   (49)

Local Limited Service , Special Events, and Shoppers Routes = Color=#c3c3c3 (47)

Rapid Routes = Color=#005da6 (45)

Connexion Routes = Color=#af6b94 (283)

Frequent Routes = Color=#f36c21 (88)

OLD CLASSICIATIONS COLOURS

Regular Routes = Color=#000000 (172)

Regular Limited Service Routes = Color=#c3c3c3 (117)

Peak Period or School  Routes = Color=#fd0a16 (67)

Express, Rural Express Routes = Color=#009a66 (283R)

Early Morning Service Routes = Color=#009ed6 (891)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/all-in-a-day-fix-1.4855703

If OC listens to the community and me, they'll use my google map to remove all the 90's (and 80's) shelters. Be interesting to see what happens...