Misc. OC Transpo & STO Questions & Discussion

SMS

10 hours ago, CanadaGoose said:

So when is OC transpo going to take advantage of that new bus loop at Blair?

Buses could have space to time stop.

9 hours ago, corynv said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until Blair is fully demobilized before starting to use the bus loop, at the earliest. I think that there's some last minute things going on (as well as all the commissioning going on).

It was mentioned by Octranspo on Twitter. That the bus loop at Blair will not open until line 1 is up and running. As it's still an active Construction site/Tests still underway. 

On 9/15/2018 at 6:55 PM, Transit geek said:

Probably of incompetency with the current drivers. That way they have a bunch of fresh, possibly more reliable, faces in preparation for the launch of rail. No possible way they would need to downsize especially in a city expected to expand together with the transit network.

It would be highly unlikely, but still a possibility, that OC wants to keep the average age and/or lifespan of their operators relatively young. But this would definitely be a biased opinion.

Incompetency? Please elaborate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, STO_1601 said:

How are the other stations coming along? I heard Blair Station is the only station completed so far on the Confederation Line.

I can’t tell. Tunneys looks like it can open for December. But the sewage removal truck is there everyday for the past weeks making loud noises, so no idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STO_1601 said:

How are the other stations coming along? I heard Blair Station is the only station completed so far on the Confederation Line.

Basically all of the eastern stations are pretty close to finished, with just landscaping to be done and furniture to be done. After that of course they need to test all the systems, but looking at purely construction they are pretty close to finished. 

-Charlie

34 minutes ago, tomsbuspage said:

Once again, the STO are offering a free shuttle service between downtown Ottawa and Gatineau Park for four weekends during September and October 2018:

http://www.sto.ca/index.php?id=591&L=en&source=sto_mobile&utm_source=site+STO&utm_medium=Image+rotative&utm_campaign=Coloris_2018_e

dricard_GP_FallRhap_STO_Screen_1920x1080

Carte_coloris_automnal_2018.jpg

STOs new 40ft hybrids infiltrate Gatineau park rhapsody. 

Ridership is based off the sun, the clouds and the rain.

52 minutes ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

Unlikely. LRT will solve our city's problems, and therefore cannot be destroyed.

3 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

If the tornado had hit the LRT it would have delayed it even more? No?

Interesting to note the whole LRT systems generators failed (ran out) in only 2 days (at least at Tunney's) whereas Transit stations built in 1983 were able to last through 3 - 4 days with no power. 

7 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Interesting to note the whole LRT systems generators failed (ran out) in only 2 days (at least at Tunney's) whereas Transit stations built in 1983 were able to last through 3 - 4 days with no power. 

Kind of irrelevant, this only happens every decade. Plus, how would you know how long their generators last??!? Those generators have depreciating capacity over the years.

20 minutes ago, CanadaGoose said:

Kind of irrelevant, this only happens every decade. Plus, how would you know how long their generators last??!? Those generators have depreciating capacity over the years.

Maybe because i had to travel during when half the city was in the dark just to charge my crap @ 12 at night and i did that every night?

5 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Maybe because i had to travel during when half the city was in the dark just to charge my crap @ 12 at night and i did that every night?

You also gotta note that some of westboro had their power back Saturday evening. 

The whole city didn’t turn on at once.

14 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

I saw Petro-Canada refueling the generator at Westboro on Saturday evening. Generators were in use to keep elevators working 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CanadaGoose said:

You also gotta note that some of westboro had their power back Saturday evening. 

The whole city didn’t turn on at once.

I know,  but the entire area of Britannia and Lincoln Fields were out of power including the major areas of Carling. At Lincoln Fields kept its lights on the entire time it was out of power

9 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Misc. OC's previous 2 gens of bus flags.

185 (4930).gif

old_flag.gif

Speaking of OC Transpo flags, some old maple leaf style ones I have noticed lately are:

1. The off only sign at the end of the 86 Elmvale/Southvale, stop 0643.

2. Stop 6144 for the 97 on the Aiport Parkway.

-Charlie

5 hours ago, Charlie said:

Speaking of OC Transpo flags, some old maple leaf style ones I have noticed lately are:

1. The off only sign at the end of the 86 Elmvale/Southvale, stop 0643.

2. Stop 6144 for the 97 on the Aiport Parkway.

-Charlie

I knew about the 86 off only flag, but thanks for telling new about the 97 flag on the parkway!