Misc. OC Transpo & STO Questions & Discussion

SMS

• 2 weeks later...

Except they don't carry the 500 routes. I know city hall does.

The thing about 1500 ST Laurent was they had all the route in order. The rideau centre has all the routes except the 500's but they way they have them is really messed up.

• 2 weeks later...

This morning , an OC Transpo Operator suffered a heart attack while exiting his car to enter Pinecrest Garage , not sure the operator # but the name is Ronald. S. After multiple attempts failed to resuscitate him, he was pronounced dead at the scene. Thoughts and Prayers go out to His family as well as his coworkers !!

• 2 months later...

The Ottawa Citizen did a great piece on the OC Transpo/Via Rail crash from 2013 from a passenger point of view and how it affected the passenger who is suffering from PTSD, i recommend everyone to read it http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/the-crash-and-the-damage-done-how-the-oc-transpo-via-tragedy-changed-one-passengers-life

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To change the route number & Destination sigh do drives have use the key pad above their heads(at top roof near the rear of the from destination sign?)

Or

Can they change the route & destination sign from that small computer screen?

OC Transpo has instructed all operators to use the Clever Device TCH Screen (the computer screen) to manually change the destination sign when it was implemented in 2010/2011. However some operators will instead choose to use the Luminator or Axion/Balios console to change the sign.

Both will work...

EDIT TO POST: While I can't confirm 100%, I've been led to believe that all new operators who are trained are NOT taught how to change the sign through the Luminator and Axion consoles.

OC Transpo has instructed all operators to use the Clever Device TCH Screen (the computer screen) to manually change the destination sign when it was implemented in 2010/2011. However some operators will instead choose to use the Luminator or Axion/Balios console to change the sign.

Both will work...

EDIT TO POST: While I can't confirm 100%, I've been led to believe that all new operators who are trained are NOT taught how to change the sign through the Luminator and Axion consoles.

They show us the Luminator and Axion keypads to use as a backup should Clever Device fail.

CBC was saying this morning that Justin Trudeau and his cabinet will go by bus to Rideau Hall. Does anyone know if A. Is it OC? And B. is it going to be a charter or a regular scheduled Route 9?

"Instead of the line-up of private cars that typically arrive one-by-one to drop off incoming ministers, Trudeau and his team will arrive together, then walk up the driveway to the governor general's official residence." -CBC News

But I was watching CBCNN around 7:10 and they said it was a bus.